Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    So, I just found out through speaking with a customer service agent that the synergy is not backed up. In other words, if I link up John Doe's facebook account with his google account and I break my phone and have to swap it, that profile link does not stick. This is very disappointing. Just think about all the time it takes to link up your whole phonebook. How can Palm not back this up? That is a pretty big mistake in my opinion. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    In other words, if I link up John Doe's facebook account with his google account and I break my phone and have to swap it, that profile link does not stick.
    True, but if you link your contacts with their IM accounts in Google Mail they will relink when you import them after doctoring or getting a replacement phone. Honestly, since the problem with restoring your profile when there is a mismatch with versions was found I have stored ALL of my contacts in Google. It just makes sense.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I agree. It sucks that this isn't backed up. It makes restoring your profile on the phone a huge hassle which I've learned the hard way a few times...
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Yeh, but I noticed not all of my contacts are in google. For instance, my facebook contacts that don't have phone numbers associated (the one's that didn't have a google contact as well). These contacts won't make their way into google.