Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    does anybody have a pre or pre plus without any oreo twist going on? I'm getting my 2nd pre plus soon and I've been realizing that my pre's oreo only gets worse and worse, even though on day one it seemed fine.

if most or all pres go through some wiggle when they're closed, I'm trying to figure out if I wanna keep the pre plus at all and maybe hold out for a candybar form device. Thanks for any input
    My launch day Pre is fine.
    we have 3 pre's in our family and not one of them has oreo
  4.    #4  
    I guess my question is, if my pre has some wiggle when it's closed, especially early on,does that mean it'll only get a lot worse with time? As an fyi, I baby my phones so no real concerns of heavy usage or anything, I expect just daily wear and tear
    No give on mine at all. Can't say if early wiggle is a sign or not.
    Mines still the same as it was from day1.
    My original pre+ had a little twist to it and was always hard to open from day one. The replacement that I got last night is as smooth as can be.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    How do most people here define "Oreo" effect? A corner twist? My launch day Pre has a little more play in it now than over the first few months but hardly what Iwould consider "Oreo"
    I got my Pre in August, and it was very tight until I dropped on my carpet about 3 weeks in. There is a little play, but I hardly notice anymore, and it has not gotten any worse in the 5 months since.
    i just had a guy i work with come up. i checked his pre (3rd or 4th one) and it had no give at all. Mine on the other hand.... no so lucky
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    My Pre has oreo.
    It builds up if you start off with a wiggle.

It's very annoying.
    original Pre had maybe 2mm of play & after months never got worse. New phone has no twist @ all.
    there's so much pre to enjoy after you get over the wiggle... it's like the same threads are happening all over again back from June of last year.

mine's wiggled since inception... and it still wiggles... and still working fine.
    mine has the same slight wiggle that it always has. nothing i would call "oreo" though. in fact, it's even less than a friends phone who has a *gag* horizontal slider.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by turbooxide View Post
    there's so much pre to enjoy after you get over the wiggle... it's like the same threads are happening all over again back from June of last year.

mine's wiggled since inception... and it still wiggles... and still working fine.
    my concern is that the wiggle will turn into an oreo, that's definitely not good. I can live with a little wiggle, but my pre has been getting noticeably worse since last week
    I have 3, none with Oreo. 2 bought at Best Buy and 1 at Sprint, on Launch day. All 3 are great!
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    My first pre had a huge oreo, my second one is pretty good, nothing crazy just a little wiggle.
    got my pre in august and its been great no problems at all (still my first pre)
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    The Oreo just gives you guys a little bit of protection—kind of like a crumple zone or something
    none here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast