Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    wow thanks OP!
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    can anybody click anything with the new layout on the full site
    refresh the page after clicking live feed
    The full site has had an issue with disappearing text and weird format issues for a while now. It's a FB problem, not a Pre problem.

For the past few days, lite.facebook.com has been giving me a "Page Load Error". Other people have been experiencing this as well. Clearing cache didn't fix it.

The touch.facebook.com seems to be the best way to access FB currently.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Im going to get rid of my ipod 8gb nano and get a ipod touch so I can have real facebook access MOBILE!
  6.    #46  
    I just noticed something else. I get email notifications. When I click the links now they I a redirected to x.facebook.com. Very nice. I guess FB is checking browsers and redirecting accordlingly.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Thanks...great to know about this!
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticX View Post
    is there any facebook "thing" out there with a chat thingy?
    try facebook.com/home.php
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    Im going to get rid of my ipod 8gb nano and get a ipod touch so I can have real facebook access MOBILE!
    Why pay $300 for a real Facebook app?
    And still not be able to multi-task.
    Thanks - this has saved my sanity!
    Thank you so much. I really liked this app, but gave up on it and moved to friendsbook, because of the frustration of never being able to see the lived feed. I'll still use friendsbook for adding photo's and such, but I really like the layout of the x.facebook so much better. This is exciting because this has bugged me a long time!
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    It seems so weird that there isn't a way (that I can see) to get it to show you the WHOLE Live Feed, though. Why would it exclude updates from other mobile clients. If you go to a person's wall, it shows them there... just not as part of the live feed. It DOES include them as part of the live feed on the full and lite FB sites and in 3rd party FB clients.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    newsfeed is a snapshot of the most "interesting" stories
    live feed is well....live
    What criteria determines what is considered the most 'interesting'? I can't figure out the pattern. I thought it was simply a less frequent update, e.g., every 15-30 minutes, instead of on-demand.
  15.    #55  
    It is strange. Its like we are in Facebook no man's land. We need to use 3 or more applications/sites to get the full functionality. I never tried coding against the FB APIs but I get the feeling they are convoluted.

I am currently using the Palm app to check on statuses and post comments, but the x.facebook.com to look at other walls or profiles and to see things like who likes things since the app says how many like it but not who. I am just happy that at this point I can pretty much avoid the full version on the Pre, as its been getting worse and worse.
    Nice Find!
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    What criteria determines what is considered the most 'interesting'? I can't figure out the pattern. I thought it was simply a less frequent update, e.g., every 15-30 minutes, instead of on-demand.
    Facebook has this to say on the matter:

Help Center | Facebook

How does News Feed determine which content is most interesting?
    The News Feed algorithm bases this on a few factors: how many friends are commenting on a certain piece of content, who posted the content, and what type of content it is (e.g. photo, video, or status update).
    Does anyone have any problems with loading pics from your phone straight to your facebook account? Every time I try to log in to my account from the photo preferences, it says it's invalid. My Photobucket account works fine.
    Awesome, now if they would fix the photo notifications. Basically when someone comments on your photos the link takes you straight to your album and you can't see any comments.
    YES facebook.....its about time. because the current facebook for Palm apps are struggling....
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast