Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you can do it with a bell phone then I dont know why it couldnt be done with a pre plus... thoughts?
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    what are you looking to do? Instal the Sprint apps? That has been done on a Pre Plus. If you install the entire Sprint file, you will have a phone that won't work on either carrier, likely.

When you flash a Bell phone with Sprint you just swap out the WebOS files to get a newer version. But you keep the specific Bell files. If you just want the apps, then you instal them using WOSQI...
  3.    #3  
    I am not trying to do anything specific, just curious if it could be done.

I dont understand what would make it not work if you flash the entire phone with the other companies software. the hardware in the phones is the same -except the memory- so the only thing different is the software... perhaps and likely i am missing something here but for instance i took my linksys router and rewrote the rom with ddwrt with no problems if you never saw the box you would never know it was a linksys.

basically just thinking out loud, thought it would be cool in my not so spare time to try if it actually seems feasible

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    you would never be able to test it.. even if it did work... sprint needs the esn in their system... so what you need to do in addition to flashing (just to test) would be to change the ESN (if you can find the file as its not likely in the webos files... ) and change the Phone ID to a Pre... again not likely to find those files
  5.    #5  
    or i could just login to my account online and change the esn that i have attached to my account myself, or call and tell them i want to change the handset esn.. or add another line... switching the esn is the easiest part. I pay sprint for service, its not their care as to what handset I use just that they make money.

when the pre came out it was before my contract was up so i just added a new line put a junk phone on that line and added it for 10 bucks a month until the end of the contract. they knew exactly what i was doing but they dont care they just care about $$$

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    check again ... it has nothing to do with whether the rep on the other end wants to... they can not .. sprint has a database of every useable esn.. if yours is not there it can NOT be activated period, and no rep or crazy disgrunteled customer is gonna change that.
  7.    #7  
    ok so anyway the question still remains. and the answer seems to be that I should just go buy one and try it.

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    I'd do some research reguarding spoofing or changing an esn before you lay out some $$ or at least be prepared to bypass activation on the plus your looking to buy. This is not going to be easy. The esn info is mandatory for sprint to activate, noone has the ability to input new esn's and you'll likely have to dig very deep to find the esn on a current sprint phone and then edit it on the pre plus. Webos dr does not touch these files....
    Quote Originally Posted by davidminor03 View Post
    ok so anyway the question still remains. and the answer seems to be that I should just go buy one and try it.
    I think you're right. Go do it and report back.

Because if you're on these boards asking the question, why are you coming across like you know the answer?

Just try it and tell us what happens. Later.
    I love it (sarcasm) when people post questions, have them answered 'no', need to go find the answer themselves... but never share it with the board later. ugh.
  11.    #11  
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...g-verizon.html

oh yes im sure that because two people told me no that it must be undoable. if you can move a phone to verizon you should be able to move it to sprint.

@mrloserpunk thank you for putting some small amount of thought into the reply instead of an ignorant simple no.

anything can be done i didnt ask if it could i asked if anyone had and the thoughts on doing so. "no" is not a thought.

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
  12.    #12  
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-palm-pre.html

semi answer to flashing a pre with a new esn

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...g-verizon.html

oh yes im sure that because two people told me no that it must be undoable. if you can move a phone to verizon you should be able to move it to sprint.

@mrloserpunk thank you for putting some small amount of thought into the reply instead of an ignorant simple no.

anything can be done i didnt ask if it could i asked if anyone had and the thoughts on doing so. "no" is not a thought.
    fyi, its easier with sprint to verizon, as verizon allows any phone on their network. Any compatible phone that is. And the sprint Pre is compatible with verizon, so is the Pre Plus with sprint. But sprint does not allow any phone on their network. Only their registered ESN's I'm afraid. And thats their company policy unfortunately. I'm quite certain that, care nor retentions can register an ESN for you....your gonna have to spoof it with another sprint phone... If i'm wrong and you get a verizon palm pre working on sprint without using another sprint phone's esn I'll give you 3 interweb cookies...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    or i could just login to my account online and change the esn that i have attached to my account myself, or call and tell them i want to change the handset esn.. or add another line... switching the esn is the easiest part. I pay sprint for service, its not their care as to what handset I use just that they make money.

when the pre came out it was before my contract was up so i just added a new line put a junk phone on that line and added it for 10 bucks a month until the end of the contract. they knew exactly what i was doing but they dont care they just care about $$$

just stop. you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about
    I say he should try. But please report what works...and of course what does not!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    1st try to get sprint activate the esn. unless you got family in the activations dept or something its not gonna happen. now if he goes the illegal route and clones another sprint pre's esn onto the verizon one then we have something serious. but if not, your just running your head into a brick wall
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    1st try to get sprint activate the esn. unless you got family in the activations dept or something its not gonna happen. now if he goes the illegal route and clones another sprint pre's esn onto the verizon one then we have something serious. but if not, your just running your head into a brick wall
    someone go the illegal route and give it a whirl!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaninBack916 View Post
    someone go the illegal route and give it a whirl!
    Please do! depending what comes out on sprint in the way of new webos device, i might be down to buy outright a Pre+ and donate my old Pres esn to it. if it can all be done. i'm sure i'd make up the const of the phone in about 18mos of being on sprint instead of VZ.
  19. z21
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    Please do! depending what comes out on sprint in the way of new webos device, i might be down to buy outright a Pre+ and donate my old Pres esn to it. if it can all be done. i'm sure i'd make up the const of the phone in about 18mos of being on sprint instead of VZ.
    +1
  20.    #20  
    ok so here is my plan:

1) I am going to get a piece of crap verizon phone from craigslist, ebay or something of that nature.
    2) I am going to get a pre plus and try to clone my old treo esn to it, worst comes to worst I reflash it with the verizon software and sell it on ebay.

I know what you are all saying about policy, but when you are a business customer like me and have a sprint bill of about 1200 a month they can be persuaded sometimes to bend the rules, and yes I have friends at sprint.. you tend to get those when you make lots of people lots of commission.

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast