1.    #1  

Ive always yearned for an Iphone size screen.
    Watching this video ,
    I noticed on the side by side comparison of web browsing ,that the Iphone doesnt display full screen.
    The actual webpage is almost the same size on the Pre as the Iphone.
    When they compare the two phones displaying Youtube videos,the Pre actually has a larger image area.
    Who'd a guessed?
    Mines bigger.
    Yeah, it looks like their address bar is always present, ours is hidden unless you are typing a new address, and their text is a little larger also.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    even if we get a 3.3inch screen ill be happy
    I fell the exact same way
    I actually really like the size of the Pre ... same resolution as the iPhone in a much more compact package.

If you really want a *big* screen, you should check out the HD2 from HTC (not yet released in the US I think, but soon).
    I still want the Nexus One hardware running WebOS
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I used an iphone for a while. If there is one thing I noticed immediately it is that the Pre screen is a little too small for using your finger to navigate and tap and select. I kept missing the points, menu dropdown, etc. I was surprised nobody at Palm did anything except say "but they'll love the rest of the phone." Perhaps next version.
    The screen works for me, don't care to lug a big slab around.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I noticed the exact same thing a couple days ago watching that youtube comparison. Screen size isn't everything. My touch pro 2 has a huge screen but it's slower then molasses rendering webpages.
    well I think the pre screen is way to small and looking at all these new phones coming out with at least 3.7 inch screens all I have to say is I hope palm announces something before that 4.3 inch suppersonic comes out otherwise I'm a gonner as much as I love webos I needs a bigger screen and better hardware.
    have you guys been using the patch that makes the browser go full screen? it's awesome! it fills it out in portrait like it would when it's in landscape. then if you need to get to the top bar or see notifications on the bottom, you just scroll as you would to display the address bar in landscape, and the top bar and notifications come into view again. it's so good...
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    I actually really like the size of the Pre ... same resolution as the iPhone in a much more compact package.

If you really want a *big* screen, you should check out the HD2 from HTC (not yet released in the US I think, but soon).
    The problem is the same as what plagued the STorm 1 and even that one was bigger. Unless the areas are big enough, you will find lots of bad presses. All the stuff about compact, being slow, whatever, has nothing to do with the phyiscal size if the resolution is the same. You might be able to fit the same resolution into a screen half the size but that still makes things too small to read and touch. Say what you want about the iphone and these others but they spent a lot of time making sure the size was big enough to do touch taps. People's fingers are different sizes and it needs to accomodate many of them.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    After having the same sony erikson for about 6 years the pres screen still feels huge! Love it