Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    had my pre since late June 09. I've got one dead pixel, which is only noticeable on the "palm" boot screen, and I have the oreo twisting thing. None of which have affected the phones performance. So I can say that I have no problems, but based on the number of return threads, I'm sure a few people would have returned my phone if they had it.
    Some slight problems, but nothing major....
    I have had my phone for several months now and had some slight problems but nothing major. I find that I love my phone so much the small things like the small gap between the top and bottom parts don't bother me at all.

My Pre has actually survived several good drops include one stunning drop onto concrete immediately followed by a solid kick which sent it sliding and bouncing across the parking lot. Even after that it is still as good as the day I bought it.
    I'm loving my pre, 6 months in and problem free.

On a side-note, any pre-users that are as OCD about smudges as i am
    i highly recommend "invisible armor" If its available in your city. basically its a transparent screen protector that's vacuumed sealed onto your pre that's done in about 20 minutes at a mall kiosk.
    Haven't gotten my Pre yet. Still riding out the contract on my 755p (June 13), and was seriously hoping for a Pre2 release by then.

I must say that due to the sheer number of comlaint threads I've read from launch, I considered not getting a Pre at all if they didn't come out with a second generation one (for Sprint) by my contract end date. But the posts in this thread make me feel good again about getting the phone even if Palm never revamps it.

Good thread!
    Add me to the NO PROBLEMS list. I LOVE my PRE, I have had no hardware issues, other than the older battery that caused it to reboot, which Sprint fixed immediately. Never had oreo issues , or slider issues. I have had my Pre since early July. Still on first PRE

I have no software issues, that have not been able to be resolved by the smart guys around here.

All in all this is the very best phone I have ever had. I have the VK, but usually use the teeny physical KB and its just fine.

I LOVE WebOS, I just cant say enough good things about this phone, Sprint, this forum and all of the homebrew devels.

PRE LOVE!!
    No issues with mine either...unless I count the excessive battery drain as one. That's the only issue I've had with mine compared to my BB Curve. Have been very pleased with the Pre!
    No issues that the updates couldn't fix....had my phone since the launch day...i'm luvin it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Dhaus View Post
    Haven't gotten my Pre yet. Still riding out the contract on my 755p (June 13), and was seriously hoping for a Pre2 release by then.

I must say that due to the sheer number of comlaint threads I've read from launch, I considered not getting a Pre at all if they didn't come out with a second generation one (for Sprint) by my contract end date. But the posts in this thread make me feel good again about getting the phone even if Palm never revamps it.

Good thread!
    Glad you haven't given up on considering a Pre. Keep in mind that the very nature of forums such as these lead to lots of trouble-shooting, tweaking, questioning, and even some ranting (most of which is ultimately very productive). Thus, it may *seem* like there's a lot of negative feedback when, in fact, many of the problems are isolated (and usualy fixable). Also, when you crunch the numbers, there are a lot more Pre users NOT on the forum than ones who are.

BTW, welcome to P|C, 3Dhaus!

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234