Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    About a week ago, I noticed that filecoaster wasn't working, so I decided to delete it and reinstall using Web OS Quick Install, going through the usual process.

Unfortunately, it was about 2am or so and I was sort of rushing through the process. When something didn't seem to work, I randomly clicked on the WebOS Doctor icon. Bad Idea.

The WebOS, of course, immediately did a reset on my pre that erased all my memos and setting, etc. (btw, yes this is my fault, but shouldn't there at least be a "Confirm" dialogue box for WebOS Doctor?). Some of my info was then restored from the web, but some things, like memos, weren't.

Since then I've occasionally had little weird problems (like the pre thinks it is low on power before realizing it still has a good charge).

But my big problem now is that I can't seem to update apps. I knew that there would be trouble when I tried downloading a paid app and the app store made me re-enter my credit card info.

I can download new free and pay apps, but apps that I installed before the reset won't update ("Download failed," it will say when I try).

Any tips on how I can get my Pre to update properly again? I've never installed any patches or anything beyond homebrew apps and, of course, I know that it's possible that my problem has nothing at all to do with WebOS Doctor. I'm open to any suggestions.
    I had a similar issue with my Pre about a month back. I failed to remove some patches before a firmware update. I ended up doing a Full Erase on the phone (Device Info > Reset Options > Full Erase). That resolved my update issues.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Thanks, noco. Maybe I'll have to try that. Just noticed that I CAN seem to update free apps (at least I just managed update "Where" successfully); however paid apps seem to fail.
    It may be a long shot, but I would try the Emergency Migration Helper from Preware. It's possible something was keeping the apps from moving to the USB portion properly.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    I had a similar issue with my Pre about a month back. I failed to remove some patches before a firmware update. I ended up doing a Full Erase on the phone (Device Info > Reset Options > Full Erase). That resolved my update issues.
    What all does the full erase actually erase?
    everything
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    explain exactly what your doing and how your going about it?? are you trying to update through the update app??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    explain exactly what your doing and how your going about it?? are you trying to update through the update app??

Well I can see when an app has an update available by looking at my "apps installed screen" or by looking at the app in the app store. In both cases now I have two apps (Flash Cards and Alpha Cards) that now have YellowTrianges on them and messages that say "Download Failed." If I click on one of these in the app store, it pops up a box that says "Download Failed" and asks if I want to try again. If I click that,the download progress pops up for 5 or 6 seconds before the "Download Failed" message pops up again.

I have a feeling that if I deleted these I'd have to pay again to reinstall them.

Is there an app store profile different from my Palm profile? Maybe I need to log back into my old app store profile somehow?
    I'm having the exact same problem. Can't update any apps (all of mine are free, with the exception of one). Download fails on all of them, then if I try again, it tells me I have to restart. I am now caught in a complete loop. Thank god for the multi-tasking cards -- I'm just leaving that one up and I can continue to work and take calls.

If the answer is the complete wipe, I'll do it, but I'd rather not....

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'll take 'em!

Julia
    Are you trying to install programs that were previously free (homebrew) and are now paid? I had an issue with that in the past. If they're now paid, you might not be able to download them for free again, hence, no updating.
    Not me. Mine are all Market apps. (I gave up on HomeBrew apps a while ago.)
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post

Well I can see when an app has an update available by looking at my "apps installed screen" or by looking at the app in the app store. In both cases now I have two apps (Flash Cards and Alpha Cards) that now have YellowTrianges on them and messages that say "Download Failed." If I click on one of these in the app store, it pops up a box that says "Download Failed" and asks if I want to try again. If I click that,the download progress pops up for 5 or 6 seconds before the "Download Failed" message pops up again.

I have a feeling that if I deleted these I'd have to pay again to reinstall them.

Is there an app store profile different from my Palm profile? Maybe I need to log back into my old app store profile somehow?
    well if you paid for an app you can delet and reload it without paying again for the app. As long as you bought it in the app catalog. And if they do try to charge again I would just call palm .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    on a second note , if you open app catalog and click on the little icon on bottom right that looks like a bag you may be able to update that way more effectivly .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    having same problem here, install failed, restart required. I have filecoaster loaded on phone, just cant get preware on phone to do the Emergency Migration Helper that supposedly fixes this. any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by ngk View Post
    having same problem here, install failed, restart required. I have filecoaster loaded on phone, just cant get preware on phone to do the Emergency Migration Helper that supposedly fixes this. any ideas?
    EMH is run from your computer. Check out this article:
    http://www.precentral.net/apps-homebrew-and-webos-135

4th paragraph from the end is where you need to start for EMH.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post

Hopfrog, yes, run EMH and make sure to update Preware. Do not delete the apps, as that will erase the database and all of your card data.
    as a last resort a partial erase is said to fix this as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I'm having the same yet slightly different problem. Just as of recently it says that I have updates to my apps (combination of paid from the catalog and some apps from preware) I go into the list of Apps and there are no updates. I click on each individual app and there are no updates. Anyone else having this problem and a possible solution?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Well, I finally ran EMH. Didn't help. Guess I just have to delete and re-buy all my paid apps.