Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    ive followed the step by step tutorial 2 the letter and all i get wen i hit connect is a "spinning circle" where the connection point was initialy

is this because im in uk or somthing

on palm pre btw
    +1 but in australia , just see the spinning circle, does not connect

worked it out

try tapping on the word freenode (which is to the left of the connect icon) then its says whats wrong - for me it was that my nick name was taken, then fix it by going to the green setting icon .now try conneting again
    Last edited by boyblueeye; 02/07/2010 at 01:24 AM. Reason: update
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    That's right! A new way to get together, chat, talk about problems with our Pre's, flout the awesomeness of the phone, talk about apps, and much more!

The channel is fairly basic at the moment, but I promise that will change!

Just join chat.freenode.net and after you register your nick, use this command:

/join ##PreIRC
    (you need both the ## symbols, as it's a requirement of Freenode)

If you want to join on your Pre, just go to the Preware app, and find wIRC. It already has Freenode preset and ready to join! All you have to do is create a nickname and click connect!

Then /join ##PreIRC - that's it!
    Any reason why you didn't want to join the existing #webos and #webos-internals and #webos-watercooler and #wirc channels that have been there for 6 months?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Any reason why you didn't want to join the existing #webos and #webos-internals and #webos-watercooler and #wirc channels that have been there for 6 months?

-- Rod
    Are any of these channels active, really? I've hopped into them and mostly they seem dead. Is there a better time window that I'm missing, perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Are any of these channels active, really? I've hopped into them and mostly they seem dead. Is there a better time window that I'm missing, perhaps?
    Index of /livelogs/webos-internals <- looks like an average of 100K to 200K of chat per day since 20090611

Index of /livelogs/webos <- average of 50K to 100K of chat per day since 20091102 (it was active since 200906 but not logged until 20091102).

#webos-watercooler is not logged.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Hi mate, nope shouldn't matter because I'm in the UK too.

Assuming you're using wIRC - please can you click the name of the network (not the red plug icon, but the body to the left of it) then it will bring up a status window - this will give you any errors that might be occurring. Could you copy & paste what it says? (Or if copy/paste doesn't work, just give me the gist of it). Thanks.
    ~~~connecting...
    ---servicename:us.ryanhope.wIRCd
    ---returnvalue:false
    ---errorcode: -1
    ---errortext: us.ryanhope.wIRCd is not running

my user name was djuvee and have changed 2 djuveeeeeeee but stil nothing

all help is much appreciated,thnks
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    ~~~connecting...
    ---servicename:us.ryanhope.wIRCd
    ---returnvalue:false
    ---errorcode: -1
    ---errortext: us.ryanhope.wIRCd is not running

my user name was djuvee and have changed 2 djuveeeeeeee but stil nothing

all help is much appreciated,thnks
    Hi mate,

The reason you can't connect is because you are missing a package called wIRCd. To run wIRC you need two packages - one is the client 'wIRC' & the other is the service 'wIRCd'. Try removing wIRC from your device & then installing it again - if you're installing through Preware it should automatically download & install wIRCd at the same time. Good luck.
    Last edited by SqyArc; 02/07/2010 at 12:59 PM.
  7.    #27  

-- Rod
    As far as I knew, those channels were all based around programing/app specific chat. This is more for people who want to learn about their pre, or ask types of questions that have 1-sentence words, and thus usually don't warrant a whole thread about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    As far as I knew, those channels were all based around programing/app specific chat. This is more for people who want to learn about their pre, or ask types of questions that have 1-sentence words, and thus usually don't warrant a whole thread about it.
    No worries - perhaps #webos-help might be a suitable channel name to fit alongside the existing channels ...

-- Rod
  9.    #29  
    No worries - perhaps #webos-help might be a suitable channel name to fit alongside the existing channels ...

-- Rod
    If someone involved with the main webos channels wanted to create that (and advertise it), i'd be more than happy to remove my channel.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12