Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm now on my 7th Pre that I received from Palm Corporate Customer Relations. I've had so many problems with my phones and posted a negative comment on Palms Website. Palms Customer Relations contacted me and offered to send me a brand new Pre not refurbished which I gladly accepted. I'm very happy with Palm's customer service and appreciate that they took the liberty to call me, however Guess what the new phone also has a small blotch in the lower right corner when the screen gets hot. I can honestly say every single Pre I've owned all 7 of them have had blotches to some degree and many of them have had other problems. I love the phone especially the software and would love to get one without any problems however I've begun to wonder if they can produce a phone without flaws. I'm sorry but it's a joke to pay as much money as we do and receive phones with screen flaws, oreo problems, battery issues, and cracks caused by palms lack of quality control. Listen I want Palm to succeed so bad & truly love WebOS which is why I've stayed with it this long but I've got to say I'm really close to moving on. I realize there's some of you that are still on your original Pre but it's only because you've failed to realize your phone has flaws or you've chose to live with them. I'm not like that I work in an industry that requires perfection out of me and I don't think it's to much to ask for perfection from Palm.

I'm going to ask how many of your would keep a big screen t.v. that had blotches on it when it got hot? I think many of us don't use our phones for long enough periods of time to get them hot enough to show the blotches but I honestly don't think there's a single Pre without this issue. It's time for Palm to realize this and fix the issue.
    My screen is blotch free. Luck is with one of us, just is it good luck or bad?
    i returned my first due to blotches. (actually, i just walked in during my 30day period and said, hey whats up with this blotch on the screen test? and they swapped it out, without me asking)

mine is blotch free now.
    There are four lights.
  4. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Not sure about blotches, but have you ever looked at your screen with sunglasses on? I'm on my third Pre and it's horrible...............not worth returning it for though.

wkj
    you should try some Neutrogena
    This signature for rent
    Hey wkj - are your sunglasses polarized perhaps? Polarized lenses can create an effect called cross-hatching that makes car windows (made of tempered glass) appear to have a pattern of lines, splotches, or large dots in the glass. This is due to the stresses created in tempered glass by the tempering process. These stresses are revealed when the light filters through the polarized lens. This also happens on LCD screens as well, try tilting the phone at a 45 degree angle...and I see the cross hatching happen on my Pre with my polarized lenses on, despite it being plastic instead of glass.
    Hey walkerwade, hate to break it to you, but there are Pre's without this issue. Mine would be one, my dad's another, and my coworker a coupel cubes down also. I've never actualyl seen these blotches, have only read about them in the forums. My Pre is from August by the way.
  8. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    ^^^Yup they are! I figured it was the glasses and not the screen which is why I didn't bother returning the phone for that reason. However, i don't remember seeing it that bad on other LCD screens....or at all. Hmmmmm..........
    Sorry you are having problems. My nearly 8-month old phone has never had blotches.
    Re: Polarized Sunglasses

A couple of years ago I was out and about, when I noticed that my cell phone had a really dark burn-in spot in the corner. I showed it to my girlfriend, wondering what the hell had happened to my phone.

This was just a simple Nokia brick phone, nothing special. But the screen wasn't like that the day before.

She told me that she had no idea what I was talking about. I told her to look, right there, at that giant black spot on my phone. She didn't see it. I pressed my finger right next to it. See, right there. The black spot. Still nothing. What the heck, it's right there, plain as day!

Then I took off my sunglasses.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 02/04/2010 at 05:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Yer a blotches.
    When I put on my polarized sunglasses, my Pre gets darker. Drives me crazy.

Note: this was a joke, just not a very good one.
    Last edited by wynand32; 02/04/2010 at 04:34 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Polarized sunglasses, can't see Pre, iPod, stereo readout...comes with the sweetness that is polarized.
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwade View Post
    I'm now on my 7th Pre that I received from Palm Corporate Customer Relations. I've had so many problems with my phones and posted a negative comment on Palms Website. Palms Customer Relations contacted me and offered to send me a brand new Pre not refurbished which I gladly accepted. I'm very happy with Palm's customer service and appreciate that they took the liberty to call me, however Guess what the new phone also has a small blotch in the lower right corner when the screen gets hot. I can honestly say every single Pre I've owned all 7 of them have had blotches to some degree and many of them have had other problems. I love the phone especially the software and would love to get one without any problems however I've begun to wonder if they can produce a phone without flaws. I'm sorry but it's a joke to pay as much money as we do and receive phones with screen flaws, oreo problems, battery issues, and cracks caused by palms lack of quality control. Listen I want Palm to succeed so bad & truly love WebOS which is why I've stayed with it this long but I've got to say I'm really close to moving on. I realize there's some of you that are still on your original Pre but it's only because you've failed to realize your phone has flaws or you've chose to live with them. I'm not like that I work in an industry that requires perfection out of me and I don't think it's to much to ask for perfection from Palm.

I'm going to ask how many of your would keep a big screen t.v. that had blotches on it when it got hot? I think many of us don't use our phones for long enough periods of time to get them hot enough to show the blotches but I honestly don't think there's a single Pre without this issue. It's time for Palm to realize this and fix the issue.
    Seven times?!? Come on after the second time my phone broke i would get different phone. I don't love an OS that much that i would deal with hardware like that. I don't care if it was htc, motorola, palm, or whoever. That's just unacceptable.
    Last edited by koolkid09; 02/04/2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Still on my first Pre. No blotches whatsoever, screen is completely clear. The modem just took a **** on me today, so I now have an awesome PDA, but screen is pristine.

And for the record? My big screen TV *does* have a blotch, if white stays on an area of the screen too long it gets a magnetic imbalance or something and turns green until the image changes often enough to clear it, and I still keep the TV.
    My screens perfect.
    Polarized glasses sounds like a good guess for OPs problem.
    If you are talking about the slight yellowish discoloration that comes and goes, it disappeared with time....or I just don't notice it any more. I have the same Pre I started with. I checked it for play when I was in the store, and I've had no problems. Funny thing....I had my 700P for multiple years too when everyone complained about issues.
    no problems here.

i hope you dont notice the flashlighting on your LCD TV.
    I'm blotch free. Here. I'm quite certain I use it long enough to get it hot since I will spend literally two hours straight with the scree on playing games nd stuff. Never had a blotch.
    no blotchies here
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast