Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    OP - is the blotch really some sort of distortion?

I ask this because you mention you notice it when the phone gets hot. The same with mine, when the phone gets particularly warm or hot i notice what looks like discoloration or something on the screen.

But it goes away after the phone cools down, so I don't think much of it
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Holy crap. That looks aweful. Never seen anything like it.

Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    Wait... Are you saying the screen ISN'T supposed to look like this?
    Last edited by jephdood; 03/03/2010 at 01:37 PM.
    The back of my phone frequently gets quite hot, but never the screen. By the time the screen got hot the back would be too hot to handle, if not starting to melt.
    i'd like someone else (htc) to make a webos phone.
    QUESTIONS: Pre or Pre Plus? Touchstone cover? Stock battery or extended? Skin, Case or au natural? Viewing in direct sunlight? Operating while plugged in or on the Touchstone?

Just thinking out loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    Wait... Are you saying the screen ISN'T supposed to look like this?
    I can't tell anything from that image. Sure, the image looks bad, but I can't tell if it's from either a faulty or merely dirty screen.
    I had blotches o my first two Pres. I had to swap the phone out three times in two days. The device I have now seems to be blotch free, but I worry about the phone overheating and causing another discloration in the screen. I also am concerned about the hardwareof the device. All four of the Pred that I have had since Saturday have had dim keyboards. They all have the same dimming pattern too. I don't know what that is about, but it is bothersome.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I can't tell anything from that image. Sure, the image looks bad, but I can't tell if it's from either a faulty or merely dirty screen.

LOL.. Its really as bad as it looks.. But its not a defect like the OP.. I was kidding around -- thats liquid damage behind the glass. Asurion replacement is coming today.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    im getting a light above the gesture area everytime i load a Pre pre-installed app.

its not a big deal but just wondering if anyone else experienced this. and its only since 1.4
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123