Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No problems with my launch day Pre.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    No problems with my launch day Pre.
    There's only like 10% (judging by comments) of you out there. The rest have had HORRIBLE experiences with oreo effects, etc.
    Therefore, I agree with the OP. I too doubt Palm can make quality hardware.
    i can honestly say that my pre haas worked out great. I hardly ever hints at even getting hot, during charges or power usage. I guess I was jsut really lucky with what I got. But I can understand where you're coming from and i think that it does totally suck. Hopefully after all this time of actually being a released product plam has been paying attention and on the next gen devices they will be better quality overall and not as spotty as it seems to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroove View Post
    There's only like 10% (judging by comments) of you out there. The rest have had HORRIBLE experiences with oreo effects, etc.
    Therefore, I agree with the OP. I too doubt Palm can make quality hardware.
    I would say the majority of people hace little to no problems, you can't base your numbers off a forum as a forum is where people go when they have problems, so there will naturally be more complaint threads than 'omg my pre is aWeSoMezzzz!!!' threads
    This signature for rent
    My launch pre has the yellow discoloration at the bottom of the screen.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I would say the majority of people hace little to no problems, you can't base your numbers off a forum as a forum is where people go when they have problems, so there will naturally be more complaint threads than 'omg my pre is aWeSoMezzzz!!!' threads
    Although I 100% agree with you - that percentage I just made up to use a number (and have people say SHOW PROOF ) - the number of people with hardware problems is overwhelming a fact no one can overlook.

I don't hear/read major complaints about Nexus One, Droid, Hero, iPhone, etc etc on their respective community blogs.
    We may LOVE WebOS but we can all agree that Palm's hardware is below par.
    We have 3 launch day Pre's in our family.
  8.    #28  
    Actually I don't think most of you understand what I'm talking about. It has nothing to do with sunglasses or blotches that only I can see. These blotches only appear after the phone gets hot from using it playing 3D games, watching Youtube or something processor intensive. If your screen has a color image it's not very noticeable but if you surf the web with a white background it's very noticeable almost a yellow color but only when the phone is hot. I've also checked this on 5 other Pre's besides my 7 and every single one of them had the blotches to some extent. I don't think most people use there phones like me so they don't get them as hot on a regular basis. I'm not saying this just to complain or bag on the Pre because I really like the phone.

P.S. Deihmos you are very wrong it's not when the phones off it only appears when it's on and hot. I'm not being over picky it's not wrong to expect a phone without issues and a screen that's not full of blotches.
    Last edited by walkerwade; 02/04/2010 at 08:14 PM.
    blotch free
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    no screen blotches here, r u sure u arent squeezing the phone or something
    Maybe your screen protector?
    No blotches here on my near-launch day pre.
    Three Pres with no screen defects...plus 11 pieces of Palm-branded hardware over 14+ years with nary a screen defect.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I know of the blotches you speak of...I just went to the Sprint Store in my area down here in South Florida. I bought my first Pre with no issues whatsoever with any problems back in september of last year...power button eventually was hard to use and of course the fragile usb cover was gone....lol. But I still love this phone. So I asked for a replacement and with no hesitation received a "refurbished" one days later. Well what do you know....a big yellow discoloration on the screen....about the size of a large sunflower seed...nothing will change the fact that I will stick with my Palm Pre...however I will be in discussion with both Sprint and Palm making sure that the next replacement is not refurbished...I believe issues have been for a minority of people...however I believe that number is closer to a majority of refurbished phones having repeated flaws. Of course that's my opinion partially based on the many more refurbished pre rants I have seen here. Pre is still a great device and I have no doubt that future WebOS Devices will improve on hardware issues....sorry about this book I just wrote...
    I went though 6 as well (on 7th) and most had blotches. My current one does under the right conditions (youtube or pandora background)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I went though 6 as well (on 7th) and most had blotches. My current one does under the right conditions (youtube or pandora background)
    And what did Palm or Sprint say?...were they all refurbished?...did you check build dates?...I hate to have to do the whole "escalations department" route....I would think that they would check refurbished or new phones for this issue...I noticed it within minutes of leaving Sprint store...lol
    I have one in my hand as i type this so OP youre wrong
    got my pre back in august.....blotch-free
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    got my pre back in august.....blotch-free
    Well my first one was fine....just this refurbished one I have had since 4pm today....
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Wait... Are you saying the screen ISN'T supposed to look like this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast