Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I just had something interesting happen today. My new Pre Plus suddenly lost all access to the carrier (VzW). I had power and WiFi worked but the access for voice and data to VzW was lost. After working with Verizon for about 45 minutes, it was determined that it was a hardware failure and they are shipping me a replacement Pre Plus.

Has anyone had this happen on either VzW or Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    I just had something interesting happen today. My new Pre Plus suddenly lost all access to the carrier (VzW). I had power and WiFi worked but the access for voice and data to VzW was lost. After working with Verizon for about 45 minutes, it was determined that it was a hardware failure and they are shipping me a replacement Pre Plus.

it seems that the pre in general doesn't work as good on the verizon network maybe it has to do with it that verizon tries to block once more things out of the phone like gps only working with vz nav but no other app or not being able sending mms over wifi. Verizon is just not so a open network like sprint is and verizon interferes with the pres openness and if they weak things on the phone that can make it not work proper. Maybe you should consider a switch to sprint. What's open offers more for less money. Like tv gps tehter for free. Wow. Unlimited talk to any mobile privider unlimited internet and messages for around 70 bucks and every year full upgrades on new phones. Hmm that just speaks all for sprint. But anyway. Verizon basically makes great phones less great with there stupid restrictions on blocking things. And then they are so expensive? And why? No reason sprint romas in verizon and gets the same coverage and 3g. Why pay more for less on verizon. And remember sprint has 4g and soon gets the next pre generation first. And upgrading each year is pretty damn sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante501 View Post
    it seems that the pre in general doesn't work as good on the verizon network maybe it has to do with it that verizon tries to block once more things out of the phone like gps only working with vz nav but no other app or not being able sending mms over wifi. Verizon is just not so a open network like sprint is and verizon interferes with the pres openness and if they weak things on the phone that can make it not work proper. Maybe you should consider a switch to sprint. What's open offers more for less money. Like tv gps tehter for free. Wow. Unlimited talk to any mobile privider unlimited internet and messages for around 70 bucks and every year full upgrades on new phones. Hmm that just speaks all for sprint. But anyway. Verizon basically makes great phones less great with there stupid restrictions on blocking things. And then they are so expensive? And why? No reason sprint romas in verizon and gets the same coverage and 3g. Why pay more for less on verizon. And remember sprint has 4g and soon gets the next pre generation first. And upgrading each year is pretty damn sweet.
    wow ... are you a sprint rep ... no free tether is not supported. This is the first I heard of any problems with network issues with the pre. Sounds like JJCook just got a bad unit. By the way I am on sprint before you flame me.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I think I just got a bad unit. Everything else is working but the access to VzW. I was just wondering if this is a trend or just an individual occurence. I've been happy with VzW for many years. They have great coverage in my area. That can't be said for Sprint around here.

I've been without my Pre Plus for less than a day and I miss it. Boo Hoo!

THanks for the thoughts everyone.
    no I am not and there 2 apps mytether and free tether you can use on a sprint pre and you don't pay anything for it. I have them both on my phone and it's free. So ya you can't beat that ad the cheaper and more included plans that sprint offer are just better and if you set ur pre on roam only u will roam in verizon netwrok and have the same coverage. So why pay more for less. And yes read to the forum it looks like verizon is crippling the gps on the pre to only make it work with vz nav and no other apps verizon did that on some of the blackberries and now the pre again. Verizon is known for doing stuff like that and just not being a network that is very open. It's just a fact. And you can't argue with the better value price on sprint. I was on vz no gps nav included no tv included no 99 dollars unlimited plans. Verizon just offers everything over prized. It's a fact. And that mms don't work over wifi on the pre on verizon well works on sprint. I
    The tethering is ILLEGAL on Sprint. If caught, they can and may end your service. Tethering is not supported by Sprint.
    no I am not and there 2 apps mytether and free tether you can use on a sprint pre and you don't pay anything for it. I have them both on my phone and it's free. So ya you can't beat that ad the cheaper and more included plans that sprint offer are just better and if you set ur pre on roam only u will roam in verizon netwrok and have the same coverage. So why pay more for less. And yes read to the forum it looks like verizon is crippling the gps on the pre to only make it work with vz nav and no other apps verizon did that on some of the blackberries and now the pre again. Verizon is known for doing stuff like that and just not being a network that is very open. It's just a fact. And you can't argue with the better value price on sprint. I was on vz no gps nav included no tv included no 99 dollars unlimited plans. Verizon just offers everything over prized. It's a fact. And that mms don't work over wifi on the pre on verizon well works on sprint. I
    This is totally unsupported by Sprint and is not an official Palm app, meaning neither Sprint or Palm allow you to do this. The same apps are available for the Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    This is totally unsupported by Sprint and is not an official Palm app, meaning neither Sprint or Palm allow you to do this. The same apps are available for the Pre Plus.
    well still there is just not vz navigator or tv included. And you also don't have talking to any cellphone provider for free for 70 bucks. and every full 150 dollar upgrade on new phones you just can't can't argue that sprint has better value and offer more for less. So whatever verizon people say you just can't beat sprint in prices and offers and 4g as well. But there are some problems on the
    verizon with the pre and I am sure they will be worked out. And I am not dissing you people just saying verizon rips you people off and I just show you you can get more for less. Why give it to verizon when you can save money. We all like to save money don't we?
    but lets make friends again. At least neither if us has At&T lol
    It's like the battle of the phone carriers. lol People choose which ones they want. I like verizon just fine, expensive plans and all.
    Being a former Verizon subsciber for almost 10 years, I am really impressed with Sprint. I was a little leary when I first switched over from my previous experience with Sprint in 1999.
    verizon with the pre and I am sure they will be worked out. And I am not dissing you people just saying verizon rips you people off and I just show you you can get more for less. Why give it to verizon when you can save money. We all like to save money don't we?
    No thanks, I don't like roaming.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post

So....back to the original topic—yes, this exact thing happened to my first Pre Plus. Once I did a hard reset and the phone couldn't get past the activation screen, Verizon swapped it out. No problems with my 2nd one