1.    #1  
    so i get to the screen where you click "load theme"
    then when i hit load theme it says "sorry, theming is currently disabled until the new theming specification is put in place"

does anyone know what this means or when it will be fixed? or what i can do?

please help me!!

thank you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by merissahill View Post
    then when i hit load theme it says "sorry, theming is currently disabled until the new theming specification is put in place"

please help me!!

thank you so much!
    I would stay away from the themes,I've installed one and now can't revert back or download anything now!Thanks Homebrew!!!!
    I am having the same problem. Preware will load a theme though
    I am having the same problem, however Preware won't install my theme either.
    Same problem. Would love that Saints them on my phone for this weekend!
    Running WebOS 1.3.5.1 & Vista-64.
    I was also able to install patches with no problem, so I know the WebOS Quick Install is working. Thanks for any help!
    I wish I had some helpful advice...but I don't. I've used Preware for a while and have been able to add, remove and change themes with no problems. Currently sportin' the Radiohead (Not Living Just Killing Time) Theme. Props to the designer!
    Quote Originally Posted by merissahill View Post

please help me!!

thank you so much!

It's my understanding that the webos-internals team has began to standardize the theme process.

Jason (the dev behind WOSQI), has thus turned off the themer for his app (WOSQI), I assume to cause less confusion when a theme standard has been reached. Yet, if you wish you can install themes via Preware or if you know what your doing you can install it with a later version of WOSQI (v2.96).

- There is no reason to stay away from theme's unless you can't follow the rules.

1. Only install one theme at a time.
    2. Remove your theme before doing anything else when preparing for a new WebOS Update.
    3. Lastly, don't install a new theme after an update until the dev says it is compatible.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    what Ver. of WebOS Quick Install do you have? 3.01 doesnt work for mine but all the other ones do. If you need an older one you can search for them or email me on here
    ok, this explains why woqi themer was like that, but is there a reason why preware did not recognize i had a theme installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    ok, this explains why woqi themer was like that, but is there a reason why preware did not recognize i had a theme installed?
    Preware should... It is probably under unknown type. If you can't find it under unknown then goto preferences and enable show installed then click list erverything and type the name of the theme.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    OK, I un-installed one theme (Avatar) and there are hang on's like the Contacts with the Avatar background and the re-set flashing face. I cant even get to the "reset default" button on Quick install themer.

This is a nightmare, STAY AWAY FROM THEMES as they dont uninstall properly.

Do I have to hard reset the whole phone again?

HELP HELP HELP!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by missybev View Post
    OK, I un-installed one theme (Avatar) and there are hang on's like the Contacts with the Avatar background and the re-set flashing face. I cant even get to the "reset default" button on Quick install themer.

This is a nightmare, STAY AWAY FROM THEMES as they dont uninstall properly.

Do I have to hard reset the whole phone again?

HELP HELP HELP!!!!

I have never advocated a theme with patches... as somehow this tends to happen to many users. I'm not sure if its a developer error or a user error none-the-less, I continue to advocate that the general public stay away from themes with patches.

If theres a background when scrolling through your contacts then some style of a scrim- patch is installed. Once you remove it that image should go to.

After that here are a few options to get your default theme back:
    1) install the palm theme from prethemer.com
    2) Remove all patches and run the repair utility (by Jason R)
    3) It sounds like the 1.4 update might be big enough to remove your theme. From my knowledge when Palm updates a section of webos, they don't replace just one file, instead they reinstall the whole section (thus removing your left over theme).

- In the future I would suggest staying away from themes with patches. If you must remove the patches (that the theme installed) before removing the theme.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    hi,

i too have v3 of wosqi, and he same message appears...any updates?....thanks
    did you ever get any themes to work? im having the same issue. it looks like they disabled the themes completley.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I have never advocated a theme with patches... as somehow this tends to happen to many users. I'm not sure if its a developer error or a user error none-the-less, I continue to advocate that the general public stay away from themes with patches.

If theres a background when scrolling through your contacts then some style of a scrim- patch is installed. Once you remove it that image should go to.

After that here are a few options to get your default theme back:
    1) install the palm theme from prethemer.com
    2) Remove all patches and run the repair utility (by Jason R)
    3) It sounds like the 1.4 update might be big enough to remove your theme. From my knowledge when Palm updates a section of webos, they don't replace just one file, instead they reinstall the whole section (thus removing your left over theme).

- In the future I would suggest staying away from themes with patches. If you must remove the patches (that the theme installed) before removing the theme.

Thank you very much!!!!!!! I did everything you said beside "Remove all patches and run the repair utility (by Jason R)" I dont know who Jason R is,or where a link was at. But I did see is where I could remove all patches in Webos Quick install.

click "Tools"
    then "Device Management"
    then in text box where it reads"applications" change it to "Patches"
    check all patches then remove
    and then restart phone
    then back to Webos quick install to click onto
    "Tools"
    then "Themer"
    click "Revert To Default"
    and hopefully it works for you like it did me

Thanks once more!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy2747 View Post
    Thank you very much!!!!!!! I did everything you said beside "Remove all patches and run the repair utility (by Jason R)" I dont know who Jason R is,or where a link was at. But I did see is where I could remove all patches in Webos Quick install.

click "Tools"
    then "Device Management"
    then in text box where it reads"applications" change it to "Patches"
    check all patches then remove
    and then restart phone
    then back to Webos quick install to click onto
    "Tools"
    then "Themer"
    click "Revert To Default"
    and hopefully it works for you like it did me

Thanks once more!!!!

So your back to the default theme? If not then remove patches and run Jason's Repair Utility: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html

Welcome.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    This is a long way around a problem that will hopefully be fixed, but it works. After reading about the complaint about the theming being disabled, I spent a few hours on finding a solution. Install WebOS quick install as directed and then go to prethemer.com and download your theme from there as a .ipk file
    Then go to the WebOS program and click the add file button, then find the .ipk file, then hit the install file. The phone should take it and will restart at the end. I like the way that the precentral.net theme search is set up so I use that and then go find it at prethemer.com website.

Happy theming.
    Stay AWAY from those themes lol...Seriously...especially that "blackout revised" theme.