Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am so sick of all these " I hate my pre!" or " This phone sucks!" smartphone complaint posts. Shut up! You're all a bunch of little complainers! That's right! You get the thumbs down to the face!! The bulk of the problem is that most of you are first time smartphone owners. Not that there is something wrong with that, but you have no frame of reference. You complain " The battery life sucks compared to the Razr that I came from." or whatever other dumbphone that it might have been. Of course it does! All you did was talk and text on that little piece of junk and put it back into your pocket. And I know that there are people who do that with the Pre, but you need to realize also that it's constantly connected. That means even when you're not using your Pre it's still using power.

The point that I'm trying to get across is that not everyone NEEDS a smartphone. I know it's the popular thing to do right now, but grandma doesn't need a smartphone. I'm sorry, but it's true. Now there may be some tech savvy granny out there who actually utilizes the power and features of a smartphone. I'm not saying that it's impossible just improbable. And I'm not bashing on grandma either. I'm talking to anyone who doesn't NEED a smartphone. Why? Why do you need it? It's oddly a plus that you have it so more developers develop for it. I just don't think that you NEED it. Most people are pulled in by clever marketing and or their peers (iphone and Droid users I'm looking at you). I get why you thought it was a good idea. I just can't comprehend as to why you deemed it necessary to buy the device,try to use the device,not figure said device out and then make ANOTHER complaint post about it! Just stop! That's right...another thumbs down!

I know that my post is just as useless as yours in the long run, but I'm just sick of seeing all of these complaint posts every time I pull up my favorite forum. All I'm saying is just reconsider your purchase. It might not have been the correct choice for you. It's just going to be a huge head ache. A Rumor 2 would have been all the phone that you needed. Now maybe you did need a smartphone for whatever reason. That's fine. Just please do your homework or at the very least try to figure out the solution to the problem that's probably easily fixed. Don't get me wrong, there are people here who are willing to help you. It's just that a lot of the complaint posts result in the poster going " Oh, that's all it was.". Maybe I'm wrong or stand alone on this. Maybe I'm just some D-bag who woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. I'm not!! I just can't take it anymore! Like most people will say "There are different strokes for different folks!". So maybe you shouldn't be stroking a Pre or an iphone or a Hero or Droid!

I love my Pre. It's super awesome. That's right...SUPER AWESOME!! Maybe I wish for better battery life,faster processor or better build quality. That's going to be pretty much every smartphone EVER! At the end of the day it's really not that big of a deal. It does everything that I want it to do for the most part. And it does those things well. Sure, there are things about my Pre that I wish were better. Truth is, it's the best smartphone that I've owned to date. The complaints you people have are classic smartphone complaints. You should have been around in the good old days before our current smartphones. Try to go run around with a PPC 6700! A giant device pretending to be a phone. Oh, and the battery life on that thing was a catastrophe! Let alone that it runs WM! Ha! No frame of reference is what you people have. These new smartphones are amazing advancements in mobile technology and all you can do is complain. You should be ashamed of yourselves. You're all a bunch of spoiled little instant gratification requiring brats.

Go return your smartphones and get a dumbphone and please never make another post ever again.

Thank You

I apologize for the rant. I just remember when forums were used to share insights about devices and were a place to talk to fellow owners about the device. It's just become a giant complaint box and it makes me sad.

One more so you know that I mean it.
    Well...someone's angry at the angry people!

My pre has some issues (crappy battery life, some glitches with NFSU), but all in all it's the best phone i've ever owned. Add to that the fact that it's the most "open" phone in existence, with almost unlimited availability for our peers to enrich the experience...it's just the best choice out on the market right now.
  4.    #4  
    I might be crazy...most probably even. I'm just tired of all the complaining.
    I'm actually pretty tired of the people who complain about the complainers...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Of course there would be THAT guy to say that. Thanks for your contribution dude.
    I quite enjoy my pre, and have been getting GREAT battery life lately. Esp since I lowered the min brightness setting. I do however hate that they outsourced the slider to Nabisco, I mean it feels like i'm using a BB Storm every time I click on something.

I think the constant whining occurs in the hopes that Palm is listening, b/c most people see the potential for this phone.
    Last edited by freeridstylee; 02/04/2010 at 11:42 AM.
    dudrsnacks, you have to take it with a grain of salt. Some of their complaints are very appropriate, others are just whiners. You have to develop the skill to separate the wheat from the chaff.

There are a lot of trolls here too, don't let them get to you! In the end what they say here is not going to affect Sprint/Palm/VZW/Bell, etc. Some people just feel the need to get what they think is important off their chest, and every single person who responds to the trolls are just feeding their ego.

So, you just have to learn to read, respond where you can help, ignore what upsets you, ask questions where you need information or clarification, and enjoy your Pre!!
    They want to vent, JUST LIKE YOU DID. Don't like the thread...donLt open the thread.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    dudrsnacks, you have to take it with a grain of salt. Some of their complaints are very appropriate, others are just whiners. You have to develop the skill to separate the wheat from the chaff.

There are a lot of trolls here too, don't let them get to you! In the end what they say here is not going to affect Sprint/Palm/VZW/Bell, etc. Some people just feel the need to get what they think is important off their chest, and every single person who responds to the trolls are just feeding their ego.

So, you just have to learn to read, respond where you can help, ignore what upsets you, ask questions where you need information or clarification, and enjoy your Pre!!
    I know. I just get frustrated with all the trolls and whiners. I normally dont freak out, I just opened up my favorite forum today to the lovely sight of complaint posts. I'll keep it under control.lol.
    Last edited by dudrsnacks; 02/04/2010 at 11:55 AM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    They want to vent, JUST LIKE YOU DID. Don't like the thread...donLt open the thread.
    Oh...and to you mister man who wants to put me in my place. You can keep your snarky little comments to yourself. You're right, I don't have to open them and I DON'T!! The sheer sight of them drove me to this complaint post about complaint posts smart guy!! So shut your pie hole and sit back unless you have something constructive to say.

Thank you
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dudrsnacks View Post
    ...So shut your pie hole and sit back unless you have something constructive to say.

Thank you
    That's funny because I believe that was his point to you
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Hey, I'm a total noob with smartphones. all my previous phones were dumbphones. I'm amazed by my Pre. You can add me to the list of Non-Complainers. Is it perfect? well, no but then again nothing is perfect.

As for the whiners (not the people having problems and asking questions, but the whiners). I have only been reading this forum for a few hours and I'm sort of sick of them too.

If you want a feature that iscurrently not available, search the apps or go make a suggestion at the Palm web site. See, I'm a total noob and I learned that you can make suggestions.

There is nothing wrong with being a noob. everyone is a noob at some point but stop the whining.
    I would say it's an open forum, let the mods do thier job.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    That's funny because I believe that was his point to you
    Really!? Come on dude! How can you possible not understand what I was trying to say. I can go back and forth with you guys all day long. I was simply trying to...nevermind. You people are clearly the ones I was talking about in my original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    But... aren't you yourself complaining about the complainers? Have a nice nap.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudrsnacks View Post
    The point that I'm trying to get across is that not everyone NEEDS a smartphone. I know it's the popular thing to do right now, but grandma doesn't need a smartphone. I'm sorry, but it's true. Now there may be some tech savvy granny out there who actually utilizes the power and features of a smartphone. I'm not saying that it's impossible just improbable.
    You were just asking for this response. Many grandmas do need smartphones and some are pretty good at using them. Wake up and take a look at today's workforce and you might notice that there are a large number of older women using smartphones. Your rant is sexist and ageist and not worthy of this forum.

And yes, I am a nearly 60 year old woman who is using my launch-day fully-customized Pre.
  18.    #18  
    I know that they're mods and they control the forum. I'm not trying to control anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    ....And yes, I am a nearly 60 year old woman who is using my launch-day fully-customized Pre.
    awesome
    Someone needs a nap.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast