Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 95
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
    You assume that all those whining are people who do not need a smartphone. The way the world is going, most people who have a job or lifestyle that is connected via the internet and e-mail, have a need for your "VIP members only" smartphones. Your statement about how you don't need a new forum, they need a new phone is reminiscent of ****** and **** Germany. Why change the masses for the desires of one or a few? Illogical, and as a tech junkie yourself, you should know that the world is not going to change in your favor. Non-tech people will get into new tech because it's the way things progress. We either move with it, or leave. Should you choose to remain in your frame of thought, I wish you luck in obtaining some form of satisfaction, though I doubt it will come.

    Hmmm, guess referencing an historical monster and his ilk, is not permitted.
    Wow...Really? That's right!! You get the title as your response. And a for your terrible comparison of me to Hit'ler and N'azi Germany. I'm assuming thats the words they edited out. Look, I'm not trying to be a N'azi or an A-hole. I'm only saying that it would blow your mind how many people I activate smartphones for on a daily basis who don't have an e-mail or don't have a facebook or have an account at any other social networking place for that matter. People who don't really even use the internet! Why are they getting a smartphone? Because it's pretty or their friends all have one or the commercial looked cool (Droid). I don't NEED a smartphone per se, but I have one because I ACTUALLY use it! It's helpful to me in MY day to day life. Checking my e-mails or entering my work schedule into my calender that syncs to my online calender that sends an e-mail alerting me of my appointment tomorrow.

    I use the features and functions of my device. I just meet a lot of people who don't and complain about having to pay for a data plan. Are you serious? Really?
  2. Onyoursix's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #62  
    not enough walls of text and ranting.
  3. mjbuf's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #63  
    this thread is absorbing the attention of so many people i wouldnt be suprised if a pre noobie who legit needs help somewhere in the forums right now is crying cause no ones answering their question cause everyone arguing about trolls..... smh
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I take it back -- I am offended by your posts. And I agree with your self-assessment.
    Awesome!! You finally comprehended something correctly!

    That reply served its purpose then. Be quiet and move along grandma.

    Thank you

    Oh and.... I just couldn't resist
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkj View Post
    You sell phones? If I sold phones I would sell to anyone that wanted them......hell, I'd point out to people reasons they DO need a smartphone (a sale is a sale). With that attitude your sales must be horrible..... LOL. I can see why you are so uptight.

    For the record I agree about the whining, but I really think you owe bevcraw a major (and any other senior) an apology.
    Thanks, wkj, but I am not holding my breath. The OP's comments are obviously designed to incite which, if I remember correctly, is the function of a troll.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbuf View Post
    this thread is absorbing the attention of so many people i wouldn't be surprised if a pre noobie who legit needs help somewhere in the forums right now is crying cause no ones answering their question cause everyone arguing about trolls..... smh
    That's a great point! If the complaint threads were better maintained and properly handled we wouldn't even be here in the first place.

    Unfortunately they're not! So here we are Sorry to all you noobs out there needing legitimate help. Maybe you guys should be the ones writing post like this.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    ROFL!! I'll admit stuff like that does get out of hand, but what does that say about the device. Just go to other mobile platform forums, you don't see this amount of complaints. The fact is Palm/webOs is still waaaaay behind, and people have the right to complain or else NOTHING will get done...
    Actually, it says more about the posters than it says about Palm or WebOs. You have to remember that this community represents the smallest of minorities that actually own a Pre.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  8. mjbuf's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #68  
    haha in a logical way i guess your right but my point was everyone should just agree to disagree and be on their way cause everyone is very adamant in this thread and it will not go anywhere! =p
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
    Just like you did, except you titled yours, "Wow...really?" and threw us all off by making it look like something other than a complaining/whining thread. Jury rules: Guilty!


    Woohoo! 100 posts!
    I didn't really think about that because I WANTED for people to see it! That "General Pre Complaint" thread is a joke and no one uses it. That's part of the problem!

    for you!!!
  10. mjbuf's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #70  
    B=====D ~~ <--thats for everyone who keeps arguing and making thumbs down
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbuf View Post
    haha in a logical way i guess your right but my point was everyone should just agree to disagree and be on their way cause everyone is very adamant in this thread and it will not go anywhere! =p
    Agreeing to disagree on the premise of this thread is a straw-man argument. The fact is the top half of the page of the Pre forum is filled with threads such as:

    "I don't think Palm can make screens without blotches" - As if that is a fact, yet they're taking their problem and stating it as such;

    "Pandora Problems"
    "Pre Slider Problem Beginning"
    "Starting to Get Upset"
    "Battery Drain Suddenly Got worse"

    And I can go on but you get the point. You see threads like that everyday and even though I don't click into them, think about the people that come here looking for help or thinking about buying the phone or they just bought one. They must be thinking "what the heck did I get myself into".
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  12.    #72  
    [QUOTE=wkj;2201854] With that attitude your sales must be horrible..... LOL.QUOTE]

    Actually I'm the best salesman at my job
    So for me!!
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by dudrsnacks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wkj View Post
    With that attitude your sales must be horrible..... LOL.
    Actually I'm the best salesman at my job
    So for me!!
    Thats why you are on here posting about how much you don't like the whiners whining right.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Agreeing to disagree on the premise of this thread is a straw-man argument. The fact is the top half of the page of the Pre forum is filled with threads such as:

    "I don't think Palm can make screens without blotches" - As if that is a fact, yet they're taking their problem and stating it as such;

    "Pandora Problems"
    "Pre Slider Problem Beginning"
    "Starting to Get Upset"
    "Battery Drain Suddenly Got worse"

    And I can go on but you get the point. You see threads like that everyday and even though I don't click into them, think about the people that come here looking for help or thinking about buying the phone or they just bought one. They must be thinking "what the heck did I get myself into".
    You see! He seems to understand the point that I'm trying to make. It's just terrible all around! For those of us having to sift through it and the poor people thinking about buying a Pre or having just purchased one. One stop to this forum and there's a good chance some people might change their minds.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstang462002 View Post
    Thats why you are on here posting about how much you don't like the whiners whining right.
    Your post doesn't even make any sense. What's your point?
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by dudrsnacks View Post
    Your post doesn't even make any sense. What's your point?
    Go sell a phone.
  17. shdwjackal's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #77  
    This is hilarious. You post a thread COMPLAINING about people COMPLAINING about their Pre. Notice the irony TS? I don't even have a Pre, but I am considering getting one. As such I come to this site to read about any issues people are having with the Pre or WebOS. Sometimes, the opinion of a non smartphone user is appreciated, as us geeks sometimes tend to overlook the little things. You need to chill and lighten up bro. Or, and I like this one best, get your allowance together and purchase a web domain. Create your own forum called preloversthatarentnoobs.net, and then you can ensure no one with a less than prolific understanding of the smart phone can join. Just a suggestion stud.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz39 View Post
    i think dbd should get a thumbs down
    there thats just for u
  19. #79  
    dudrsnacks, Isn't your break over yet? Get back to work.
  20. Leke's Avatar
    Posts
    597 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Actually, it says more about the posters than it says about Palm or WebOs. You have to remember that this community represents the smallest of minorities that actually own a Pre.
    Really? I've frequent many Pre forums, but precentral just happens to be the most popular one. And across the board the same complaints are expressed. So I would say it a definite problem with the DEVICE!! Just because they don't join a forum to complain doesn't mean they don't experience the same frustrations...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions