Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
    Someone needs an enema. OP, though your post would indicate that you're extremely constipated
    Todays events have lead me to really consider that. I'm just all backed up dude!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    How many more threads do we need whining about people whining? Yet we see 5 threads on that.
    But you gotta admit, the sheer volume of complaint and whining threads out number by far the number of threads where posters create threads complaining about complainers. You can't come to this forum without seeing the top half of the page filled with threads about why the Pre can't do X, Oreo, My Pre is a bad Pre, Why can't Palm do X, I can't set my phone to ring, My speaker is broken, Pre won't turn on and so forth. It has gotten to the point of just being plain silly.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dudrsnacks View Post
    Todays events have lead me to really consider that. I'm just all backed up dude!!
  4.    #44  
    The answer to your frustration... either accept that you are on an open forum and must sift through the garbage, or leave the forum and move to another one.
    I know that it's an open forum!! The problem isn't that they're people whining. It's the fact that there are SOOOOOO many of them. I don't need a new forum they need a new phone. Maybe I'm frustrated because I remember a time when only my fellow tech junkies had smartphones or PDAs. Now everyone and they're mom and now even grandma have them!! It's borderline ridiculous! I'm sorry, I refuse to change my opinion. There is simply to many people who don't NEED a smartphone who have them. And now I have to sift through their B-S post about nonsense.
  5.    #45  
    LMAO!! Very nice! Well played sir.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    You were just asking for this response. Many grandmas do need smartphones and some are pretty good at using them. Wake up and take a look at today's workforce and you might notice that there are a large number of older women using smartphones. Your rant is sexist and ageist and not worthy of this forum.

And yes, I am a nearly 60 year old woman who is using my launch-day fully-customized Pre.
    haha that thought mad me lol not that old people cant use smartphones its just that im 17 and the old people in MY life aren't very technologically inclined! its nice to see older people into tech and what not!
    Grandma, you're so missing the point!! Clearly you NEED a smartphone and therefore the post was not directed toward you. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing! I actually sell phones for a living at the moment, so I know a thing or two about the market and who is buying these devices. I'm not trying to tell people who can and can't buy a smartphone or whatever other phone that they choose. And I most certainly understand that the more people that purchase these devices the better it is for the device itself. I'm simply pointing my finger at the people who DON'T NEED a smartphone!!Meaning those who get one simply because that's whats trendy these days. People who don't really use e-mail or don't really NEED any productivity tools like a calender that syncs to their online calender. Things that YOU may NEED, but the 8 year old that I just sold an iphone to has no comprehension of whatsoever!

So please don't try and step up to seem like you're this great person and I'm just some A-hole. Maybe I am! Even still I have a point and every right on the planet to express it. Just like the people I'm complaining about! That's not even the point of my post genius! So please do me a favor and keep your misplaced responses to yourself.

That's for you angry grandma And I even do it with a smile!
    I take it back -- I am offended by your posts. And I agree with your self-assessment.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Cri de coeur
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    i think dbd should get a thumbs down
    there thats just for u
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I know that it's an open forum!! The problem isn't that they're people whining. It's the fact that there are SOOOOOO many of them. I don't need a new forum they need a new phone. Maybe I'm frustrated because I remember a time when only my fellow tech junkies had smartphones or PDAs. Now everyone and they're mom and now even grandma have them!! It's borderline ridiculous! I'm sorry, I refuse to change my opinion. There is simply to many people who don't NEED a smartphone who have them. And now I have to sift through their B-S post about nonsense.
    You assume that all those whining are people who do not need a smartphone. The way the world is going, most people who have a job or lifestyle that is connected via the internet and e-mail, have a need for your "VIP members only" smartphones. Your statement about how you don't need a new forum, they need a new phone is reminiscent of ****** and **** Germany. Why change the masses for the desires of one or a few? Illogical, and as a tech junkie yourself, you should know that the world is not going to change in your favor. Non-tech people will get into new tech because it's the way things progress. We either move with it, or leave. Should you choose to remain in your frame of thought, I wish you luck in obtaining some form of satisfaction, though I doubt it will come.

Hmmm, guess referencing an historical monster and his ilk, is not permitted.
    Your just making dumb statements. Who are you to decide who needs them and who doesn't. I'm sure I don't NEED one, but I sure as hell want one. I'm sure a lot of people don't NEED them. But they have the right to own one if they want one and they also have the right to complain about a phone if it isn't performing well. BTW, you can add this thread to the other B-S threads you have to sift through.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    They want to vent, JUST LIKE YOU DID. Don't like the thread...donLt open the thread.
    so u must be the type to open thread just to complain.
    heed ur own advice. dont open the thread but u did and u replied.. great
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    But you gotta admit, the sheer volume of complaint and whining threads out number by far the number of threads where posters create threads complaining about complainers. You can't come to this forum without seeing the top half of the page filled with threads about why the Pre can't do X, Oreo, My Pre is a bad Pre, Why can't Palm do X, I can't set my phone to ring, My speaker is broken, Pre won't turn on and so forth. It has gotten to the point of just being plain silly.
    Exactly! Its all this ****-ant whining about things that are either very well covered or have already been talked about a MILLION times before. Your oreo problem isn't special and neither is your battery life issue (sometimes maybe,but usually not). I know that people are free to post all they're little thoughts. I just wish that the MODs would do they're job and filter all of that to one thread titled "Whining Posts". So I could easily skip right over it. And I know that there's a "General Pre Complaints" thread. The whiners don't use it though! They just make new posts EVERYTIME!!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ok so Op guy just stop haha i understand your statement in your OP and its understandable but its a two way street bud you have to jus understand that forums are also partly to share experiences with devices and shareing opinions. of course there is the ocasional troll ignore them!!!! be mature im 17 and i think your acting childish arguing with everyone and making all sorts of weird and out of place statements and comments.....
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    . The whiners don't use it though! They just make new posts EVERYTIME!!
    Just like you did, except you titled yours, "Wow...really?" and threw us all off by making it look like something other than a complaining/whining thread. Jury rules: Guilty!

Woohoo! 100 posts!
    Exactly! Its all this ****-ant whining about things that are either very well covered or have already been talked about a MILLION times before. Your oreo problem isn't special and neither is your battery life issue (sometimes maybe,but usually not). I know that people are free to post all they're little thoughts. I just wish that the MODs would do they're job and filter all of that to one thread titled "Whining Posts". So I could easily skip right over it. And I know that there's a "General Pre Complaints" thread. The whiners don't use it though! They just make new posts EVERYTIME!!
    I think some posters do it on purpose so that they can publicly say how much the battery life sucks or how you can't take the oreo or how much their old phone can do while the Pre is wayyyy behind.

My thing is, if you can't take the oreo or the battery life isn't what you like, return the darn phone. No need to come here and let everyone know. Do we really need to know that you dropped your phone 5 times but Sprint won't take it back? Do I need to know that your phone has light leak? Do you really need to create a thread asking what is the highest number of Pres you've had so far? It's just pointless as is my complaining about them b/c this forum has turned into the anti-Pre.

The Pixi forum is the complete opposite of the Pre forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz39 View Post
    so u must be the type to open thread just to complain.
    heed ur own advice. dont open the thread but u did and u replied.. great
    How were you supposed to know if you would like the thread if it's titled "Wow...really?"
    Your statement would make sense if the title was "I'm tired of complainers" or something that souds like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    How were you supposed to know if you would like the thread if it's titled "Wow...really?"
    Your statement would make sense if the title was "I'm tired of complainers" or something that souds like that.
    You can take your mouse and hover over the title of the thread and you'll the first two lines of the thread.
  19. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Grandma, you're so missing the point!! Clearly you NEED a smartphone and therefore the post was not directed toward you. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing! I actually sell phones for a living at the moment, so I know a thing or two about the market and who is buying these devices. I'm not trying to tell people who can and can't buy a smartphone or whatever other phone that they choose. And I most certainly understand that the more people that purchase these devices the better it is for the device itself. I'm simply pointing my finger at the people who DON'T NEED a smartphone!!Meaning those who get one simply because that's whats trendy these days. People who don't really use e-mail or don't really NEED any productivity tools like a calender that syncs to their online calender. Things that YOU may NEED, but the 8 year old that I just sold an iphone to has no comprehension of whatsoever!

So please don't try and step up to seem like you're this great person and I'm just some A-hole. Maybe I am! Even still I have a point and every right on the planet to express it. Just like the people I'm complaining about! That's not even the point of my post genius! So please do me a favor and keep your misplaced responses to yourself.

That's for you angry grandma And I even do it with a smile!
    You sell phones? If I sold phones I would sell to anyone that wanted them......hell, I'd point out to people reasons they DO need a smartphone (a sale is a sale). With that attitude your sales must be horrible..... LOL. I can see why you are so uptight.

For the record I agree about the whining, but I really think you owe bevcraw a major (and any other senior) an apology.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I think some posters do it on purpose so that they can publicly say how much the battery life sucks or how you can't take the oreo or how much their old phone can do while the Pre is wayyyy behind.

My thing is, if you can't take the oreo or the battery life isn't what you like, return the darn phone. No need to come here and let everyone know. Do we really need to know that you dropped your phone 5 times but Sprint won't take it back? Do I need to know that your phone has light leak? Do you really need to create a thread asking what is the highest number of Pres you've had so far? It's just pointless as is my complaining about them b/c this forum has turned into the anti-Pre.

The Pixi forum is the complete opposite of the Pre forum.
    ROFL!! I'll admit stuff like that does get out of hand, but what does that say about the device. Just go to other mobile platform forums, you don't see this amount of complaints. The fact is Palm/webOs is still waaaaay behind, and people have the right to complain or else NOTHING will get done...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast