Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 95
  1. #21  
    I kinda agree with you, my last smartphone was a BB Storm, worst device every made IMO. Talk about the Pre being a beta device. I won't go into detail about the Storm, I brought it up to make a point. Did I go into BB Storm forums and rant and rave, no, what's the point? After Verizon refused to do anything about it, I sent complaints via email to Verizon and Blackberry and paid the ETF and found a smartphone that better suited my needs. This time however, I really went thru the Pre, researched it and used the hell out of it in the first 30 days to see if it was for me, because after 30 days if I was not happy with it I had only myself to blame. Funny, remember when you were a kid? There was always a few kids that whenever they did not get their way, they would throw temper tantums, lie on the ground kicking and screaming and if things did no go their way while playing they would take their toy and leave. Unfortunately these narcissotic kids grow up to become adults come into forums and whine and complain.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    You were just asking for this response. Many grandmas do need smartphones and some are pretty good at using them. Wake up and take a look at today's workforce and you might notice that there are a large number of older women using smartphones. Your rant is sexist and ageist and not worthy of this forum.

    And yes, I am a nearly 60 year old woman who is using my launch-day fully-customized Pre.
    I really didn't mean to offend you. I guess that I'm wrong. Maybe I'm just not used to the increase in smartphone owners who normally don't have smartphones. So I appologize to you if I offended you. That wasn't the purpose of my post. Let's be honest though. You're probably more tech savvy than most of your friends. Am I right?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    You were just asking for this response. Many grandmas do need smartphones and some are pretty good at using them. Wake up and take a look at today's workforce and you might notice that there are a large number of older women using smartphones. Your rant is sexist and ageist and not worthy of this forum.

    And yes, I am a nearly 60 year old woman who is using my launch-day fully-customized Pre.
    You kick ***!
  4. #24  
    Hey, OP, just because you're a D-bag (and I have no reason to think you are, just saying), just because you're a D-bag... DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE NOT RIGHT.
  5. #25  
    I'm against protesting, but i don't know how to show it.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by krusenkevin View Post
    Hey, OP, just because you're a D-bag (and I have no reason to think you are, just saying), just because you're a D-bag... DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE NOT RIGHT.
    And I thank you.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by dudrsnacks View Post
    And I'm not bashing on grandma either. I'm talking to anyone who doesn't NEED a smartphone. One more so you know that I mean it.
    Clearly you didn't read that part grandma.
  8. saxyjaz's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #28  
    to OP.... While I don't disagree completely with you (I also get sick of people bashing what is IMO the best mobile device ever) but really long rants like that are exactly why people like me are afraid to participate in this awesome forum more often. I'm not a programmer, developer or any kind of computer geek, but I do love technology and would love to learn more about it, but I see all too often that when someone asks a "stupid" question they are completely lambasted with responses like "don't be dumb, read the thread" Man some of these threads are like 40 pages long... come on, a quick response or something helpful like "look around page 20" would be enough.

    I love my Pre & love this site (probably wouldn't have kept my Pre if it weren't for this site and I check it daily).

    Can't we all get along?

    Oh and also, some negativity is necessary for progress aint it?
    treo600 - 650 - 755p - Palm Pre!!!!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by saxyjaz View Post
    to OP.... While I don't disagree completely with you (I also get sick of people bashing what is IMO the best mobile device ever) but really long rants like that are exactly why people like me are afraid to participate in this awesome forum more often. I'm not a programmer, developer or any kind of computer geek, but I do love technology and would love to learn more about it, but I see all too often that when someone asks a "stupid" question they are completely lambasted with responses like "don't be dumb, read the thread" Man some of these threads are like 40 pages long... come on, a quick response or something helpful like "look around page 20" would be enough.

    I love my Pre & love this site (probably wouldn't have kept my Pre if it weren't for this site and I check it daily).

    Can't we all get along?

    Oh and also, some negativity is necessary for progress ain't it?
    You actually have a very valid point. There was a time when I didn't really know that much about whatever device I had at the time. So I had to ask questions and sometimes I got some not so nice answers from dudes kinda like the dude I portrayed in my original post. I'm really quite nice when you get to know me. So for that I apologize. I don't want to make anyone scared to ask a question. A forum is here to help you with any problems that you might be experiencing. I was focusing my post toward people who are just whining about this or that or complaining for the sake of complaining. And it's my fault for giving into that. So please don't let my rant make you think that it's always like this. I just couldn't contain my frustration anymore.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by dudrsnacks View Post
    Clearly you didn't read that part grandma.
    I did read your entire post. I'm not in the habit of responding to posts unless I've read the whole thing.

    I am not offended by your post, but I am dismayed on many levels. You said that you were talking to anyone who doesn't "NEED" a smartphone. Who decides who "needs" a smartphone? In my mind, only the potential owner can make that decision. You and I are not in a position to make that judgment. But I am happy to offer an opinion about it if I am asked.

    Did I "need" a Pre (or the long list of phones and PDAs before it)? Probably not, but I wanted it and I had the interest and the means to pursue it. And I believe that I am making good use of it.

    More importantly, if we Pre owners have any hope of of this phone flourishing, we need to count on first-time smartphone users. The dumbphone market is saturated. The only real room for growth is in the switch to smartphones. I am not holding my breath waiting for a large number of iPhone users to make the switch.

    So, I welcome first-time smartphone owners to the PreCentral community and I'll try to help them in any way I can.
  11. #31  
    everyone calm down......have some dip.....

    (RIP George Carlin)

    If the dip doesn't work then I'll buy you all a coke....and teach you all to sing in perfect harmony.
  12. #32  
  13. #33  
    OP, I feel ya. Lately, say the past two weeks I've seen more whining threads than complaint threads. I just don't open the threads b/c they all go in the same direction. How many times can one say that the Facebook App sucks? Yet you see 5 threads on that. How many times can you say that phone has the oreo effect. Do you really need to post that? Also, I don't why someone would need to ask what they should when they post about an issue that clearly requires the phone to be returned. Yet, you see the threads and you're just dumbfounded by some of them.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  14. #34  
    How many more threads do we need whining about people whining? Yet we see 5 threads on that.
  15. #35  
    lol
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I did read your entire post. I'm not in the habit of responding to posts unless I've read the whole thing.

    I am not offended by your post, but I am dismayed on many levels. You said that you were talking to anyone who doesn't "NEED" a smartphone. Who decides who "needs" a smartphone? In my mind, only the potential owner can make that decision. You and I are not in a position to make that judgment. But I am happy to offer an opinion about it if I am asked.

    Did I "need" a Pre (or the long list of phones and PDAs before it)? Probably not, but I wanted it and I had the interest and the means to pursue it. And I believe that I am making good use of it.

    More importantly, if we Pre owners have any hope of of this phone flourishing, we need to count on first-time smartphone users. The dumbphone market is saturated. The only real room for growth is in the switch to smartphones. I am not holding my breath waiting for a large number of iPhone users to make the switch.

    So, I welcome first-time smartphone owners to the PreCentral community and I'll try to help them in any way I can.
    Grandma, you're so missing the point!! Clearly you NEED a smartphone and therefore the post was not directed toward you. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing! I actually sell phones for a living at the moment, so I know a thing or two about the market and who is buying these devices. I'm not trying to tell people who can and can't buy a smartphone or whatever other phone that they choose. And I most certainly understand that the more people that purchase these devices the better it is for the device itself. I'm simply pointing my finger at the people who DON'T NEED a smartphone!!Meaning those who get one simply because that's whats trendy these days. People who don't really use e-mail or don't really NEED any productivity tools like a calender that syncs to their online calender. Things that YOU may NEED, but the 8 year old that I just sold an iphone to has no comprehension of whatsoever!

    So please don't try and step up to seem like you're this great person and I'm just some A-hole. Maybe I am! Even still I have a point and every right on the planet to express it. Just like the people I'm complaining about! That's not even the point of my post genius! So please do me a favor and keep your misplaced responses to yourself.

    That's for you angry grandma And I even do it with a smile!
  17. #37  
    Just to stir the pot. My battery life blows on my pre. And I am comparing it to my other SMARTPHONE, my Blackberry Storm 2, which is known for horrible battery life as well.
  18. jye75's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #38  
    Someone needs an enema. OP, though your post would indicate that you're extremely constipated, I have to agree with your point... about complaining, not about who does and doesn't need a smartphone. (only the buyer can determine that)

    But, being a computer/smartphone/ppc/techno-junkie, I have been on my share of forums, and I do have to say that this one does seem to have more complainers than any other forum I've ever been on. I don't see threads from complainers complaining about complainers, or the like, anywhere else but here, simply because there is an overabundance of complaints regarding the Pre.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    How many more threads do we need whining about people whining? Yet we see 5 threads on that.
    Understandable response. So you can see my frustration then? It's like we're just helpless and have to sift through the barrage of whining posts. It's B-S! We can't really say anything about it because then people just write posts like yours. And while it's a valid point. It doesn't help me whatsoever to figure out an answer to my frustration. We just have to sit back and let them? That's just unacceptable.
  20. jye75's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by dudrsnacks View Post
    . It doesn't help me whatsoever to figure out an answer to my frustration. We just have to sit back and let them? That's just unacceptable.
    The answer to your frustration... either accept that you are on an open forum and must sift through the garbage, or leave the forum and move to another one, or create your own and lock it down from all the complainers, rule with an iron fist.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions