1.    #1  
    eXo Platform - Main - WebOS concept

What is eXo Enterprise WebOS
    The web as a platform is becoming a reality. Public APIs are available all over the place. Many Ajax based mash-up services are reusing them to build rich client solutions inside the browser. Nevertheless, most applications are still glue in an old fashion way. So far, Portals have tried to aggregate services inside a coherent and secure personalized place but once again were limited to web 1.0 technologies. Today, a new type of platform is rising aiming at moving the desktop into the web.

Portal: personalizing the user?s workplace

◦Sharing the enterprise business applications
    ◦Classical layout based on menu and tabs

WebOS: virtualizing the user?s workplace
    ◦Bringing the comfort of Vista or MacOS look & feel in a Web browser: multiple, movable and resizable windows, optimized server calls, less network traffic?
    ◦Making the workplace independent from the PC
    ◦0 deployment, 0 applet, 0 player, 0 local storage
    ◦Offline mode is supported through a local lightweight Tomcat instance

im funcuzed...
    yes...me too....not sure if this relates specific to webOS or are they referencing WebOS technology in general??? Sorli...
    webOS (our Pre operating system) is different from WebOS (capital W).
    As sorli mentioned, they are most likely referencing the WebOS technology in general.
    Follow Me On

I don't think that has anything at all to do with Palm.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    webOS (our Pre operating system) is different from WebOS (capital W).
    As sorli mentioned, they are most likely referencing the WebOS technology in general.
    well i know that they are diff. and have no affil with palm, just confused about is this a desktop operating system based on webOS(TM)

or was this first.

is this ontop of your current os, or is it a seperate os... etc, etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I don't think that has anything at all to do with Palm.
    thanks, but isnt webos webOS(TM) trademarked by palm... not that palm would sue but cant they? what is this thing... LoL
    I guess it depends on when Palm trademarked the name... that website shows an edit date in 2007.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz