Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    First off I love my pre and I have had the same one since july.

For some reason my phone is starting to act up now and I want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problems.
    I listen to pandora all day at work on my phone. It is starting to go to pause while i am listening to music. it happening all the time now. I have the phone laying on a kleenex on my desk and of course i just put pandora on and dont touch it.

Does anyone else have this same issue or something similar ?

I am trying to decide if it's my phone geeking out and if I need to take to sprint and try to get a replacement .

Thanks
    Try Slacker Radio instead and see if the same thing happens.
    Same here. Pandora will play for maybe 20 minutes then pause itself. when you click play again it will immediately pause again within 5 seconds. I have to skip to the next song to get it going again. This is a new problem, and have only noticed it over wifi at work, not sure over the cell radio though.

Is you're prob only over wifi too?
    Same here, has to be something with Pandora. They warn if you turn on the "higher quaility" button in preferences that you may experience dropoffs and stalling. But it has never been as bad as it has been lately.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I was playing with a Pre Plus at Verizon yesterday, and was looking at Pandora. The app would load, but it just gave me the hourglass (or swirling circle, or whatever it's called) and would never actually play music. I let it go for a couple minutes. Never heard a thing out of Pandora on the demo phone. Tell me it does work...
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I can confirm Pandora has been acting up lately with the same issue's described here. However it is only laggy when I use WiFi. 3G works okay. It worked great using WiFi in the past so something appears to be up.?.

(can't wait for the patch to be avail in PW that fixes the popup add too)
    For me it only stalls out once every few days. Overall it has been very reliable. On a personal note, I have really been digging the Catherine Wheel mix.
    Stalled on me the other day .Thought I had lost EVDO connection.
    Love it on my home PC.
    I just sent a note to Pandora .Maybe they didnt know theres a glitch.
    Are you guys hitting your max amount of streaming on Pandora?
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Ya my thought exactly. They have a 40 hour per month cap on
    the free player (and of course we don't have an option to have a paid player).

ian
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Are you guys hitting your max amount of streaming on Pandora?
    Not even close.
    I read in the forums somewhere that streaming Pandora on your mobile device does not go against the 40hour limit. I've never been cut off from maxing out monthly but I'm going to try and do a little test and see if the 'free' mobile usage thing is true.. .
    The app is acting buggy over WiFi, not getting the max usage alert and cut off.
    When I click on the Pandora app on my Pre it hangs there. I can't do anything. I let it sit there for half an hour and nothing. I've been trying to access Pandora for the last two days. I was working fine until I updated to webos 1.4. Can someone help?
    I sent an email to Pandora about the problems that users have been experiencing, this is the reply that I received back from them:

Hi,

Sorry about that. We're aware of this issue and we're working with Palm to figure this out. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Best,
    Aaron

Listener Support, Pandora

More questions about Pandora? Please check our FAQ: Pandora FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I sent an email to Pandora about the problems that users have been experiencing, this is the reply that I received back from them:

Hi,

Sorry about that. We're aware of this issue and we're working with Palm to figure this out. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Best,
    Aaron

Cool. That's a positive and quick response.
    Owner Status: Decided and pants-shtingly excited to get my hands on my new phone
    I am also having the same problem as mpeeze17.

Since updating to 1.4, Pandora has not worked for me either. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times but nothing. It's good to hear that someone from Pandora is working on this and hope they fix this soon with an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post

Hi,

Best,
    Aaron

More questions about Pandora? Please check our FAQ: Pandora FAQ
    So I searched the forum, found this thread, found your response, no need to do another thread... love the search feature, but best of all, i gave you da' finger...the that is!! lol Thanks again!