Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    So Im on my 6th day with the Pre plus and they battery life is absolutely awful. i have read the reviews of what people have been getting with moderate use and it seems like a lot more than what im getting.

Charged Last night to 100 at 11:30pm - woke up this morning at 7:30am with 45% left... thats just unacceptable its loosing about 1% every 5min with absolutely no usage.

Right now its 10:30 and i have 17% left... its not going to make it 12hrs.

Are they all like this or did i just get a bad battery?
    my roommate got the Moto-droid (same day) and is getting about 22-26hrs with out cycling and moderate to heavy use.

I really like the pre a lot better (installed the quick install and patches which are great!) but whats the point of a great OS if you cant use it.

Specs for the phone:
    Gps - off
    Wi-Fi- on (connection at my house)
    Email - every half hour
    background location - off
    bluetooth - off
    screen off every 30seconds
    brightness set to medium.

downloaded 1 app, sent 5 texts, no net use other than that.
    I'm having the same problem. I'm on day 6 as well. I mean It feels like the average life with moderate use is 8 hours which doesn't get me threw the day at all. I love the pre. I can get over the fact the physical hardware isn't the greatest but the battery is giving me second thoughts before my 30 days are up and I can exhange it even though I most likely won't because I really do love this phone and the software well besides the facebook app.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Some people are reporting that there is a "breaking in" period with their batteries. I have moderate usage, and I leave the house around 7am with 100% (on the touchstone all night). When I get home around 6pm, I am usually at 65-75%. I have several cards open (facebook, tweefree, messaging, pandora, and sometimes others) at all times. Make phone calls, txt, web browsing.

Bluetooth - on all the time
    GPS - on all the time
    WiFi - on about 50% of the time
    Email - every half hour
    Screen off at 30 sec.
    Brightness - patched to set at 7% - that is plenty bright for me. I've never had a problem seeing the screen.

I would give it a little time. If you are still having problems, take it back and tell them you need a new battery. People have had issues with bad batteries (with all phones, not just Palm).
    I wish I had good news for you guys, but that's about the life I get with the standard battery too. (I've had my Pre since July).

I get better life if I turn off Instant messaging and limit the polling for email. In a pinch, I'll also turn off gps, wifi and bluetooth until I need them, but I agree that all of that sucks as I can't use the OS as I'd really like.

In the end, I bought the Seidio 2600 which gets me 18-24 hours with moderate to heavy use with all radios, email and messaging on full blast. The Pre isn't nearly as sleek though. It kinda looks like a Volkswagen beetle with the 2600, but at least I can use it all day.

nb
    Use the search in this forum, there is a thread where some users have narrowed down severe battery drain with "wifi on" with certain brands of wireless routers. Try turning off your wifi and see if that does not make a difference. Also, it does take a couple of weeks for the battery to break in.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i actually get the same drain, about 1% every 5 minutes or so with either wifi on or off, so i dont think its doing that much help.

also should i continue cycling the battery from 100% to 0 after 3 times?

DRJB - do you have a pre plus or the sprint version?
    Quote Originally Posted by matt9484 View Post
    Specs for the phone:
    Gps - off
    Wi-Fi- on (connection at my house)
    Email - every half hour
    background location - off
    bluetooth - off
    screen off every 30seconds
    brightness set to medium.

downloaded 1 app, sent 5 texts, no net use other than that.
    reduce frequency of email checking. every hr or every 6 hrs. unless you are a business person that need it to push, in that case, you might want to invest another battery for $10.

messenger offline, if you haven't already done so.

reboot device, if you have had it on for a while.

you dont need to drain it 3 times, but if you have time, turn on airplane mode and let it sit for several hrs, see how much the battery drains.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I have the Sprint Version. I am still on the original battery that came with it. I have been lucky in that I haven't had battery issues. Oreo issues? Absolutely. Fixed that with the case from Sprint. But not battery issues.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    yeah i have instant messaging offline, basically most of the Battery saving options from this site are the installed preferences on the verizon model.

it looks like the only thing left to do is to hit up the V-store and have them replace the battery, hopefully a new one works differently.

Thank you everyone for your Responses ill post results tomorrow or Saturday if i experience dramatic improvements.
    i still recommend reducing email checking frequency if you can. good luck anyway.
    The first few days my battery life was non existant but seems like it's getting better.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    So i got a replacement battery from verizon, after 12 hrs of use with some web browsing say 20 min and about 30txt 3 app downloads and just messing around with the phone for a bit i still have 40% life left. Verizon said after a couple days i should get even better life out of it too.

I would recommend to anyone getting a drain with out using the phone to just get a new battery.
    What carrier do you have? I too had that problem with my pre when i first got it. I went to sprint and they just replaced my phone for me. So if you just recently got your phone and it has not passed the 30 day mark, the the guys at sprint will fix it for you. I would recommend you to ask for another battery than replacing the phone like i did, because with insurance, you are only allowed to get one new phone replacement. So use it wisely. But with this issue, see if they have the Korean battery and get that one instead.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    They just replaced the battery, but verizon had to run their "tests" on it which took like half a day, according to them its in their system that the phone has a **** battery and they have to run down the old one and compare it to a new one. so, no new phone just a new battery
    im with sprint and i ddnt have much problems with my battery till i downloaded where is my pre (app), then my battery would only last for 3-4 hours. i tried turning off everything that could b draining my battery so quickly, so it turns out it was my GPS. i also want to point out that i have very bad resection where i work, so that was making things worst.