View Poll Results: Would you use a PreIRC?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 88.89%
  • No

1 11.11%
  1.    #1  
    Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I was wondering if there's an IRC server that Pre users frequent? It'd be a lot easier (for me personally) to discuss things live vs forums.

If there were any interest, i'd be more than happy to host a server for us, or create a channel on a well-known host.

Most people are content with forums, but I like to have multiple options.
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I was wondering if there's an IRC server that Pre users frequent? It'd be a lot easier (for me personally) to discuss things live vs forums.

If there were any interest, i'd be more than happy to host a server for us, or create a channel on a well-known host.

Most people are content with forums, but I like to have multiple options.
    You can check out some developer channels on freenode like #webos-internals or #webos.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    You can check out some developer channels on freenode like #webos-internals or #webos.
    That's really good to know, thanks!

If I get 10-20 "yes" votes, I'll probably go ahead and get a channel up and running (unofficially of course), to give it a test run.
    yeah if we could get a channel on freenode it would be great.. an unofficial precentral channel would be useful.
  5.    #5  
    I wouldn't want to create a channel under Precentral's name without their permission, so if I made one it would probably just be named ##PreIRC (or something along those lines).

Unless someone "in the know" gave me permission to use ##PreCentral or something along those lines.
    I'm interested in an IRC channel
  7.    #7  
    Ok, I went ahead and created a channel on freenode.net's network.

Just join chat.freenode.net and after you register your nick, use this command:

/join ##PreIRC
    (you need both the ## symbols)

I'm at work right now, but i'll try to get on the irc with my pre.
  8.    #8  
    Shameless bump...Anyone who has pressing questions, wants to bounce ideas off people, or just wants a place to talk about their Pre feel free to drop by! If you're on your Pre right now, head over to the Preware app and look for the wIRC app (listed under applications).

It's already got Freenode as a preset option, so all you need to do is type in a nickname, hit connect, and use the /join command in my post above.

Come on over!
    Channel's up, irc.freenode.net at ##PreIRC - we need more members