Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have posted for answers several times on the forum looking for answers to why the app store will not take any CC I give it. I have tried 3 different ones, all of which I am positive my info is correct. After a half dozen times and 2 postings for help, I did the live chat with Palm. Basically they made me reset my phone erasing everything and told me to wait 2 hours and re-enter my CC and the app store should be good to go. This did not work either. I give up. Only free apps for me. I want to buy some but evidently my money is no good with Palm.
    If Palm tech support had you reset and wait two hours and that didn't work then I'd call Palm back. Are you getting a specific error message is it when you try to add a card or make a purchase?
    Exactly... is it that there is an error in getting your card info to save into the system? Or are your transactions being declined or receiving an error? If you can save card info, but your transactions aren't going through, have Palm check with their card processing service to see what actual response code they receive when trying to process your transaction. Don't let them fool you... EVERY transaction attempted in through a card processor (I am one) receives a specific response code - no matter if it is a decline, approve, or error response.
  4.    #4  
    I have pretty much given up. They reset my phone. Waited 2 hours and nothing. Most of my homebrew apps are gone, preware gone, patches gone. have given up. Don't even care to reload Preware and apps. Basically my phone is like when I bought it, capable.
    Quote Originally Posted by parout View Post
    I have pretty much given up. They reset my phone. Waited 2 hours and nothing. Most of my homebrew apps are gone, preware gone, patches gone. have given up. Don't even care to reload Preware and apps. Basically my phone is like when I bought it, capable.
    Then what is the purpose of your thread? Surely you didn't create a thread just tell us all how unhappy you are?
    Quote Originally Posted by parout View Post
    I too wonder why the post. You have even been given a post by a memeber about credit transaction responce in this thread that YOU started. What is it that you really want?
    My money is on user error. You have to be smarter than the phone.
    seriously your missing something. Maybe have a trusted neighbor give it a shot for you?
    This happened to me. Then I found out I was putting the wrong security code in for the CC. It is the 3 digit number on the back of the card. It is a required item or it will not accept the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    seriously your missing something. Maybe have a trusted neighbor give it a shot for you?
    That would be a great idea. There are times when there is that one thing "right under our nose". As we gain knowledge we overlook the simple things. We all need to remember that the basics (simple) is the door to the larger things.

I had a customer years ago that called about her new VCR. It would just not work. I tried almost everything with her on the phone. Then I asked real softly, "I hate to ask but is the AC plugged into the wall". I then heard a sigh on her end and she said "ummm....it is now, thank you".
  11.    #11  
    I apologize and appreciate the input. Really I wish I could find the answer. I am just frustrated. Really, I have tried 3 different times with 3 different cards. 2 were debit cards and 1 a CC. All the info and security code are correct. I really like my Pre. I am going to wait for the next update and then reload the phone. I synch with Exchange, thus email, contacts and such are no big deal on a clean wipe. Just wish I could spend some $ on some apps and in turn support the development community.
    i hear you. Trouble shooting is my new job, and our scope is pretty much anything. There is a simple way to test if the issue is on your end or palms. Create a new profile, attempt again. If the issue reappears the overall likely cause is something between you and the bank. If it works, there is something wrong with this profile on palms end. Make sense? If its on your end, these could trigger a problem...

Have you asked the bank for the info on your account? Ive been known to forget to update my address till it cost me if you get my drift... It's master or visa right? The middle inital on card? On file with bank? Suffix, Jr Sr? How about the street, is it a street avenue or place maybe? Apartment number?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Hey, if have another problem, when i open my app catalog, i only can see a few apps, basicly only 212. But when i search for apps on this site i find over 1500 apps. can anyone tell me what the problem is!? although i only can see free apps in the catalog...how can i see the others too?? Thank you for your responses!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel.d View Post
    Hey, if have another problem, when i open my app catalog, i only can see a few apps, basicly only 212. But when i search for apps on this site i find over 1500 apps. can anyone tell me what the problem is!? although i only can see free apps in the catalog...how can i see the others too?? Thank you for your responses!!!
    who is your carrier?

do you mean the provider?? if so i have o2
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel.d View Post
    do you mean the provider?? if so i have o2
    paid apps are available in the us only. You could meta doctor it with a sprint rom if you wanted, otherwise your waiting till march

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    paid apps are available in the us only. You could meta doctor it with a sprint rom if you wanted, otherwise your waiting till march
    So is this solution good for any country or provider? As i live in Sweden i'd like to get all apps in the catalog.
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Have you asked the bank for the info on your account? Ive been known to forget to update my address till it cost me if you get my drift... It's master or visa right? The middle inital on card? On file with bank? Suffix, Jr Sr? How about the street, is it a street avenue or place maybe? Apartment number?
    Excellent advice (even though he's made it clear, with no retraction so far, that he's not interested in advice). I once kept getting a "declined" on a CC years ago. Turns out I kept putting in "XXXX Tuner Drive" as the address, and my wife had taken out the CC with "XXXX W Turner St" as the address. The particular site was picky enough that it wouldn't take (though others had worked with no problem).

He should find out the exact information as it's entered on file with the bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Excellent advice (even though he's made it clear, with no retraction so far, that he's not interested in advice). I once kept getting a "declined" on a CC years ago. Turns out I kept putting in "XXXX Tuner Drive" as the address, and my wife had taken out the CC with "XXXX W Turner St" as the address. The particular site was picky enough that it wouldn't take (though others had worked with no problem).

He should find out the exact information as it's entered on file with the bank.
    yeah, mine wont work unless jr is there. Stupid parents. Coulda been worse i guess.... Dad wanted to name me Harry. Harry Johnson.

yeah, mine wont work unless jr is there. Stupid parents. Coulda been worse i guess.... Dad wanted to name me Harry. Harry Johnson.
    Getting off topic, but it's a funny enough story that it's worth telling.

When my oldest graduated from HS, we were looking over the list of her fellow graduates. There was a schoolmate of hers named Michael McCullum. His parents had given him the middle name Watcha. I'm not kidding. And to think, I resented my parents over "Herbert"...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast