1.    #1  
    I no longer can see apps in the catalog. I'll get the opening screen with the row of apps and the explore, recent, and popular options. If I tap on any option that would take me to a screen where I could see apps, it just shows me a blank blue screen. The top search section is a dark grey. The only apps I can access are the ones on the front page. Any ideas why this might be happening?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Have you rebooted?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Have you rebooted?
    Yes I have. I'm starting to think it has something to do with the hide app vendor patch. I don't have the patch at the moment but I have in the past. I just noticed that the hide app vendors option is still available in the pull down menu of the catalog.
  4. CoobeyMeyer
    yea you should reboot or doctor
    Same thing happened to me today. I restored files that that were modified by the Hide Vendor App patch with the instructions found in post #63 this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...vendors-4.html
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, but the patch wasn't installed according to preware. The instructions in odontastic's post didn't end up working for me (but definitely try that first!).

I ended up fixing this by reverting 3 of the files related to the app. By tailing /var/log/messages when I tried opening the app, I noticed it was complaining about 2 different things:
    Code:
    Error: warning, script load failed for file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs, $either$ $remove$ $the$ $script$ $or$ $fix$ $the$ $src$ $path$.
    $Error$: $HideList$ $is$ $not$ $defined$
    The first was fixed by replacing /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json with the sources.json.webosinternals.orig in the same directory
    The second was fixed by replacing com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs $with$ $the$ $search$-$assistant$.$js$.$webosinternals$.$orig$ $in$ $that$ $directory$.

After that it looks like I'm up and running again.
    Same problem here - will try the above info