1. CoobeyMeyer
    I'm not sure what I did but my phone won't install apps. It willlook like it's downloading, but say istall failed, and tell me that it needs to restart to make changes. After several restarts, turning on and off devmode, I'm still at a loss for new apps (Slacker being one of them!)
    Did someone say cheese?
    I'm having this same problem. Restarting doesn't do anything.
    You answer is out there. In dozens of other threads.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    ok try this it may or may not help you out . open web browser and swipe down from top left in the menu choose preferences and scroll down and clear cache and clear cookies . this fixed my phone when this happened. hope this helps!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Same stuff going on here! I get install failed and restart required. Even after clearing my cookies and cache. Grrr.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    dallas is right, i believe we need to use the Emergency Migration Helper in Preware. My only problem is that I cant get my phone to install anything...even preware! I have filecoaster loaded on, and it says download completed when I try to download/install preware - but icon never shows. Shoudl I try to load preware using quickinstall?

Any other ways of installing the Emergency Migration Helper and will that fix the "install failed/restart required error?
    Thanks, NGK
    Quote Originally Posted by ngk View Post
    Shoudl I try to load preware using quickinstall?

Any other ways of installing the Emergency Migration Helper and will that fix the "install failed/restart required error?
    Thanks, NGK
    The best thing to do would be to use Quick Install to remove both Preware and the Package Manager Service, then reinstall them. You may even be able to install EMH through Quick Install, but don't quote me on that.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V