1.    #1  
    I came across this web site: Videora Palm Pre Converter - Free Palm Pre Video Converter and downloaded it to see if it really worked. I converted several M4v videos I recorded to Mp4 using it and it DID IN FACT WORK!!! This is their plug from the site:
    Videora Palm Pre Converter is a free Palm Pre video converter that converts video files, YouTube videos, movies and DVD's so you can play them on your Palm Pre. The software can convert all types of video files (avi, divx, xvid, flv, x264, vob, mpeg, DVD's, YouTube, etc.) into the proper video formats (MPEG-4, H.264) that play on the Palm Pre. It is available for Windows and Mac.

You can also get Audio Converter, Ringtone Maker, and Wallpaper. Go check it out.
    cool!!!!!!! where did u find this website?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    cool!!!!!!! where did u find this website?
    I was searching for a video converter as my M4v movies I recorded on my camcorder (stores to SD card in M4v format) would copy over to my Pre via USB but wouldn't play. With this program all I had to do was drag/drop/convert. When I copied them over to my Pre again..THEY WORKED!
    Why does this seem like youtube spam to me?
  5.    #5  
    Don't know about youtube spam although it does include a converter for that. I deleted it. I did however just finish converting the X-men Wolverine DVD I ripped using Hand break. Going to load it into my pre and see what happens.
    Well as luck would have it I am right now watching the movie on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    This is actually a great app. I used to use the videora ipod converter for my ipod so I gave this a try for the Pre. It's pretty fast and the video looks great. The software is a little cheesy looking and there are ad's abound (not spyware, just within the program windows) but if you take it slow and follow the directions the first time you'll quickly learn how to use it. I don't even really notice the ads anymore.

--Jay
    I've used it before... it's ok. I still prefer Handbrake. But this definitely an easy program to use. It's free because it shows advertising on it's main page - but it is completely safe.
    I did use this program on my Pre but the videos take up so much room. I have used it on my Ipod which is better because it has more room. It takes a long time to download but it works great.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    It seems like I heard about it originally on here, but I could be wrong. I know it was a forum for devices anyway. The ads annoyed me, and I didn't care for the interface, so I quit using it. Handbrake works better for my other devices anyway, so I pretty much use it exclusively for conversions.
    seems noone realizes that replayer came out with a converter. I download so much videos and convert them to pre for free
    realplayer*