1.    #1  
    is there a way to get paid Apps on Bell Pre's? hacks cracks nething!!!!!!...this Company is ridiculous...i have an expensive hunk of crap that this damn company(Palm) basically false promoted to sucker people into buying their garbage and un-tested product..this definitely isn't an "Iphone Killer" ..they say it sync's over the web ...what they dont tell u is it doesnt sync everything...then they say we get 3D gaming....and we get a crap penguin game and an ancient first person shooter game....along with that the worst customer service known to man....im ready to throw this phone at the wall **** on it and send it back to these homos at palm for selling this crap to people. Thanks for taking my money and making me and many others your lab rats for your faulty product.
    Move to America and buy a Pre from Sprint or Verizon. Read in the forums somewhere that should fix your problem. :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by andred View Post
    is there a way to get paid Apps on Bell Pre's? hacks cracks nething!!!!!!...this Company is ridiculous...i have an expensive hunk of crap that this damn company(Palm) basically false promoted to sucker people into buying their garbage and un-tested product..this definitely isn't an "Iphone Killer" ..they say it sync's over the web ...what they dont tell u is it doesnt sync everything...then they say we get 3D gaming....and we get a crap penguin game and an ancient first person shooter game....along with that the worst customer service known to man....im ready to throw this phone at the wall **** on it and send it back to these homos at palm for selling this crap to people. Thanks for taking my money and making me and many others your lab rats for your faulty product.
    It's not palms fault for your half assed carrier... I suggest you take ur tears to your mother, maybe she'd give a ****
    I completely understand how angry andred is, and why.

@brennan7; why would you make such a snarky reply? andred is expressing genuine frustration at being lied to by Palm and Bell over the functionality of the Palm Pre in Canada. These types of phones are purchased with the understanding that the user will be able to use third party apps. When these phones appeared in Canada they were accompanied by advertising and statements, from both Palm and Bell, that a fully functional catalogue would be arriving sometime shortly (near Christmas). The full app catalogue did indeed roll out (only in the U.S.), since then there has been absolutely no official word regarding the full app catalogue appearing in Canada. This fact is what has so many Canadian Pre Owners p!ssed off.

@andred; here's what I've done already, I've written to Palm, emailed Palm, and talked to their online 'chat based support' centre. I have still not received ANY communication from Palm....that is just very poor customer service.... You may want to follow my decision on this phone, which is: If the paid app catalogue has not shown up in Canada by the time Apple releases the next iPhone update (around June) then I will be purchasing an iPhone and returning the Pre to Palm.

There are several new carriers arriving on the Canadian scene, with any luck the rate plans will start dropping in price by that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by andred View Post
    lame.
  6. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Forget paid apps...why can't I get the free apps that I see people talking about here. Ex. Where's Slacker Radio on the Bell Pre?
    can we just create new palm profiles with us region, or can the free apps ipkg get uploaded to preware? (sounds illegal but will be a temp solution)
    Knowing that it's possible to download paid apps for free on the Iphone (through jailbreaking, and probably torrenting) I'm sure it's possible to do the same thing on the Pre. I would never do it, but I'm in the US so I can easily just pay for the apps, but if I wasn't you can bet your *** I'd have no qualms about doing it.