Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i installed the virtual keyboard on my palm pre and i coulnt then i then installed the Obsolete virtual keyboard patch.. and the virtual keyboard didnt work

i uninstalled the obsolete virtual keyboard and when i tried to uninstall the normal virtual keyboard got an IPKG error
    i would type it up but its ridiculously long
    is there a way to re-install it or fix it cause i really want a virtual keyboard please
    Quote Originally Posted by pre view View Post
    i installed the virtual keyboard on my palm pre and i coulnt then i then installed the Obsolete virtual keyboard patch.. and the virtual keyboard didnt work

i uninstalled the obsolete virtual keyboard and when i tried to uninstall the normal virtual keyboard got an IPKG error
    i would type it up but its ridiculously long
    is there a way to re-install it or fix it cause i really want a virtual keyboard please
    Here is what you need to do: Just update your feeds on Preware, then tap on Available Packages / Linux Application / Utilities and install "CLEANUP VKB files".

That should do the trick for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by renck View Post
    Here is what you need to do: Just update your feeds on Preware, then tap on Available Packages / Linux Application / Utilities and install "CLEANUP VKB files".

That should do the trick for you!
    That's exactly what you need to do!

+1
    You could do that or just plug ur pre up to a computer and delete the vkb file. That's what I did @ least and I was able to download it and it works perfect now.
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
    that didnt work for me, the "clean up vkb" installed, but I still had trouble installing the actual patch
    Ive been having the same issue. Havent been able to find a resolution.
  7. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    ditto, instal the cleanup still ipkg error
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Same here. Haven't found any solution to the error installing VKB.
    Didn't work for me either.
    ...but entering usb mode and deleting the whole "virtual keyboard" folder on the Pre DID work.
    I hoped I got a thanks for that.
    "Glen honey, I got a question for you. What do you do for a living?
    "I got a question for you. Why are you still here?"
    #WhatsaDollaHolla! http://up-toprec.webs.com/
    www.reverbnation.com/christophercapicherobbin
    http://soundcloud.com/christopher-capiche-robbin
    www.dopetracks.com/JTMoneyBaggs
    Grr.

Because I couldn't get the 5X4 version 2 patch to uninstall, I ended up running EPR today. Now I can't get Virtual Keyboard to reinstall. Keep getting an error. Tried Cleanup VKB. Tried deleting the folder in USB mode. Nothing works.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    yickyaddy,

Your solution worked for me...I hit the Thanks button for you too! thanks man!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have also tried all of the above, nothing has worked. Is there any commands that could be typed up in the terminal that would help?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I deleted all my patches (EPR), then shut down the phone, pulled the battery, then restarted and reinstalled my patched. The VK installed after all that.

Now if I could get rid of the "4X4 icons v4 No Arrows Plus More" patch and go back to the 4X4 icons v4, but though it says it uninstalls, the extended 4X4 patch does not remove itself and does not allow any installation of the plain 4X4.

Its always something, isn't it (with anything)?
    Got it to install:

In my case, the "app" directory got stuck there, empty.

/media/cryptofs/app/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard
    you have to erase the directory also

I don't exactly remember the directory, but the commands on a terminal should be:

rootfs_open
    rmdir /media/cryptofs/app/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard
    rootfs_open -r

After this, the phone will reboot itself.

If you have an "file not found" error, my mistake, the directory is incorrect, but search for the directory and remove it.

Good luck
    where do you type that in? i'm at a loss and have been stuck without a virtual keyboard since i attempted to update
    Quote Originally Posted by kjparfekt View Post
    where do you type that in? i'm at a loss and have been stuck without a virtual keyboard since i attempted to update
    novaterm / terminal

Use search
    okay next question... how do i search for the directory because either I misspelled it or it's not found
    The directory should be:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard

(apps, not app as I stated earlier).

Funny thing, once installed again the directory doesn't show... weird
    But my VK is working
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast