Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, anyone else having these issues?

Phone slider loose, clicky feeling.

Battery doesnt last all that long, im lucky if I get 8 hours of use.

Keyboard stopped working at one point, had to restart 3 times in order for it to come back to life.

dropping data connection here and there.

letters double type when hitting once.

its a really big shame that WebOS is so great that its hard for me to give up a faulty built phone. This is my third pre plus since launch... i feel like this thing is extremely fragile, i would drop my tour here and there, no biggie, i fear the day this thing might slip out of my hands. had a moto droid, flew in air, landed on ground and kicked at the same time, no scratch, nothing.

I believe in this OS but i dont believe in palms ability to build a quality phone anymore. i wish the pixi wasnt so under powered or id get that, it seems built a little better. has anyone gone from the pre to the pixi?

i love the shape of this phone, the form, the screen, keyboard is great, camera is great, obviously os is great. but this build quality, ugh... to everyone who has had the original pre since launch, what are your thoughts? is it worth the headache or should i get out while i can?
    Sounds like those rumors of better build quality on the Pluses were just that: Rumors.
    The complaints are starting to pile up.
    Didn't Palm learn anything from the Sprint Pres?
    Looks like you took all of the complaints and compiled them into one thread.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    dude, same feeling. i bought the seidio case to get rid of the creaky noises. i as well am on my 3rd pre plus. the top left corner is creaky and separated, so the case should hold it tight. kinda lame though. and the volume rocker is loose as well as the power. very very poor physical design, but of course the webos is slick so i'm keeping the SOB.

I had a bberry storm and although physically solid, the OS is pathetic. so yea, yep, that's all i have to say.
    Last edited by hmorgan25; 02/03/2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: typo
    Troll Train
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Troll Train
    Lol I have to agree with the OP on some of the things.

My first Pre Plus the build quality was great the only issue was the keyboard that did the double letter thing. And the reason I really returned it was It would get abnormally hot during charging like burn you hot.

Now on my second Pre Plus and this thing can't hold on to a signal at all, random resets, and some oreo already I have only had it for two days.

I should have kept the first one and dealt with it as it had minor problems compared to this new one.

I shall be picking up my 3rd Pre Plus tomorrow which isn't cool really because its only been like a week of owning it. I will stick with it though. I'm a huge fan of WebOS, hopefully palm will improve the build quality with the Pre 2. I would especially like a glass scree lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Sounds like those rumors of better build quality on the Pluses were just that: Rumors.
    The complaints are starting to pile up.
    Didn't Palm learn anything from the Sprint Pres?
    My first one was a tank slider was great and no Oreo whats over just an issue with overheating, screen leak, and double letters on the keyboard. I should have kept it. This second one is trash, just awful. Except for they keyboard which is better on the second.
    Whoa and here I thought I was the only one this was happening too. I made a post about my slider a few days ago and lo and behold that turned into a bigger problem.

I got that one replaced only to have the keyboard completely die on my next one during typing a message. This one also had some Oreo effect that iv seen videos off.

I'm on the third one now no HUGE issues yet with the exception of 2 stuck pixels which is a bit annoying. Now that I know where they are they glare out like a hole in the screen. I noticed that all 3 pres I had have had some stuck pixels which is pretty lame considering the price tag this phone holds.

All in all I think the whole better build quality thing is a load of crap its better then the originals for sure but has many of its own problems. Palm also stated that they tightened the slider. The mechanisms looks identical so I would love to know exactly what Palm did to tighten it. But I have a feeling this is just more PRPRPR $to$ $keep$ $people$ $happy$.

I really love this OS and the phone form factor and once they start tapping the GPU to accelerate the UI is going to be that much slicker. I'm willing to stick it out a bit longer but if I run into many more problems before feb 28 I'm gonna have to return the thing. At which point the waiting game continues. This has been my first smart phone purchase and I waited a long time for something good to come out that I liked on Verizons network. I was really hopeful that palm had fixed all there issues in the 6 months that it was out on Sprint but that doesn't look to be the case.

EDIT: After thought and another problem iv had with the Verizon Pre's is the utterly HORRIBLE back lite keyboard. Its completely uneven and many of the keys often look like they have lines streaking through them. I mean this is truly one of the worst back lite keyboards iv ever seen. Granted you can fix a bit of it by upping the brightness on the screen, but that just drains more battery and washes out the colors in the process, and is no real solution. The one I currently have is decently even but the keys furthest away from the center are still dimmer. The worst one I had looked like it had a solid light in the middle giving the keyboard this odd bright circular pattern in the center most keys and very dull lite keys on the edges.
    Last edited by Rift; 02/03/2010 at 10:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    My Pre+ has slight wobble on the slider. A little annoying, but not a deal breaker for me.

I also have an issue with some letters being doubled up when pressed; however, this is not happening as frequently as it was on day one. This leads me to believe it is caused by the way I am pressing the button, not a hardware/software defect.

Battery life could be better, but I am able to get through an entire day with my normal usage.

Even with these issues, I am still lovin' my pre+.

Matt
  10.    #10  
    yeah, my keyboard is the same way with the line, its at the N and M keys, J and K and F. i really hope palm sells webOS or something, similar to how android is on all manufacturers, webOS should be the same, out there for everyone, palm would benefit more i think, focus on software, let someone else handle the hardware. ill hold onto this thing till feb 20th , if it gets looser and starts to fall apart more, time to ship her back.or heres to hope that we all have a bad batch, first batch is always ****ty..
    wow! looks like some issues with the keyboard which I heard they changed for the plus. I am a launch pre owner that acknowledges that the build needs to be improved in the next gen. But I am a webos fan now hook, line and sinker. I will probably stay with webos no matter what hardware it's on.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I don't know if there's a difference, or if it matters but where is everyone getting their phones from? Did you buy it online with verizon, in the store or directly from the palm site? I'm not having any problems. But I guess I'm just lucky.
    All aboard the trolls are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My phone is sick no problems battery is an issue but we know...Sick phone loving it more every day
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Troll Train
    Oh no, they are posting negative opinions/experiences that I don't agree with..TROLLS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    All aboard the trolls are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My phone is sick no problems battery is an issue but we know...Sick phone loving it more every day
    So were trolls cause were posting our experiences with phones that we just purchased on a forum CLEARLY dedicated to said phone. Oh wait my post count isn't high enough right?

I think this thread has only 2 trolls and they know who they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    So were trolls cause were posting our experiences with phones that we just purchased on a forum CLEARLY dedicated to said phone. Oh wait my post count isn't high enough right?

I think this thread has only 2 trolls and they know who they are.
    They're quick to call someone a troll here, I have posted many good things about my phone I am just having some issues. One was the overheating it got really bad, so i replaced the phone just to get a crappier one. So now I need to replace it again. Even with all this said, I have said this already and will say it again this does not deter me from the overall WebOS experience. The community is pretty cool here especially the patchers, God Bless them lol. They're are a few that can't take people complaining about the same phone that they have. It happened to me as well on the modmyi forums and PPC Geeks people can't take it when you criticize a product they like.
    And here I searched for "slider" topics, hoping everything would be better on the Pre to justify me leaving/trading my Pixi for a Pre.. and all this just made me kiss my candybar form factor.

I seriously hope when Sprint gets the Pre2, they go with a non-slider design or they but the flippin screen on ball bearings to get rid of this issue.

Played with a Touch Pro 2 at T-Mobile, and damn.. that slider is concrete solid.
    my only question is - how are you all getting replacements so easily? I went through HELL just to get my 1st Pre+ replacement shipped to me, and even that hasn't come yet.

Does the Verizon store make you duplicate the issue in front of them? And then when their untrained eyes concede that it is indeed an issue, then they'll return it?

can anybody please tell me how things go down across the country? I'm in San Diego, California and it's only been a tough experience lately with Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by yyandrew View Post
    my only question is - how are you all getting replacements so easily? I went through HELL just to get my 1st Pre+ replacement shipped to me, and even that hasn't come yet.

Does the Verizon store make you duplicate the issue in front of them? And then when their untrained eyes concede that it is indeed an issue, then they'll return it?

can anybody please tell me how things go down across the country? I'm in San Diego, California and it's only been a tough experience lately with Verizon
    Double tying letters are what they replaced mine for. Though I had just about every issue listed in the OP and then some. Some things were trivial but while I was there I mentioned them. The rep made a copy of my list that I had written down so they could send it up to TA(so they claim). They claimed that this is the first Pre that they have had issues with in that store. In order to get software issues corrected(ie gps not starting properly) they need to be brought to Verizon's attention.
    ok the build on the pre is not perfect. Have you seen the build on the droid? Folks there is no such thing as the perfect phone. Why you have every right to complain about your phone I have a feeling if it wasn't this someone would find something else. The pre plus isn't a perfect phone but it is a great phone. If you want more solid get a pixi then don't complain about the screen size. I love the slide out because I only need to slide it out when I need to type. I don't think you guys are trolling but I think you had high expectations forr issues that have been documented in the past.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast