Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Troll Train
    I paid $629 for this device, so I have the right to ***** about it if I want. All you're really doing is stirring people up—which makes you a troll—but you already knew that.

Anyway, that being said, my first Pre+ had to be returned due to its loss of network connectivity. My second one is great, all except the double letter thing. I'm not about to risk getting one with a terrible slider, though, so I'm gonna keep this one till she craps out on me.
    Just wondering is there a limit for me to do an exchange within the 30 days worry free time frame??
    Quote Originally Posted by cpmd View Post
    Now, I'm agitated. I am in loud voice mode. He said that my new phone doesn't have the right number assigned to it b/c I gave him the wrong phone number. I said to him, "You never asked me for a number to begin with". Then this former crack dealer/user says that I must have put in the number when I signed in to wait in line. I said to the drug addict "I put in the correct number in there". He asks what the number should be like 5 times during this process. The ans was the same 5 times. At the end, I get a "sorry for the mixup". I wonder if verizon wireless does drug screens on their employees. If they don't, they should.

Lmfao that was priceless I couldn't agree with you more about some of Verizons employees.

On your phone note I would take that back if the slider is wobbling left to right that will only get worse, and request a different tech next time if you see same one there again.

Well I'm now on my 4th phone the speakerphone on the last one was kaput thus rendering all sounds on the phone useless. Best part was it happened when I tried to make a conference call with some of my buddy's. Can you imagine how silly I looked when I was shouting at my phone hello can you hear me? Just to hear nothing.

Iv had the 4th one for no more then 1.5 days now? (Iv replaced this thing now so many times I'm losing track) and the volume button wont work anymore. So now I have to do guess what? Go back to the store. At this point I'm really torn on what to do I really love this thing but the build quality has become a bit much now. Like NM08SRT8 said at this point I'm truly afraid I'm going to have to baby this thing for the rest of its life, and a phone shouldn't be something I have to baby all the time. Iv looked at the pixi and although its a good phone in general it doesn't really appeal to me and Id much rather have the bigger screen and gaming capabilities. So the question is 4 phones in should I go for a fifth or call it game over? Iv looked at a bunch of other smart phones and none really appeal to me either. I know none of you can really decide that for me but at this point I just don't know.

On a side note you should have seen the techs face when she pulled up the account info for that particular line and saw all the returns, not to mention her co workers reaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpmd View Post
    Just wondering is there a limit for me to do an exchange within the 30 days worry free time frame??
    Not that I'm aware of. At least I haven't encountered one yet.
    Lol, it's funny. I always get amused at people who make $7 an hour (i.e. Verizon workers), who act like they are the CEO of Verizon and owner of the stores. The reaction you got from the tech and the co-workers were unnecessary. Is the loss coming from out of those workers pockets?? I would have said something at that point. It's not the consumer's fault for the defects nor is it the workers.

So you have verizon and you have exchanged it 4 times already with no problems right? Why should I be stuck with a phone with defects for the next 2-3 years?? While those guys who work at the store probably go in the back for their own phone and open up those pre's in the back, and hand pick which one's they want. The pre that I got, had a blue ink mark showing that someone tried to open the box before. The box could be opened w/o taking off he sticker. I am going to definitively going to inspect the phone before I get it (cosmetically at least). I'm going to the VWZ store tomorrow and exchanging the phone.
    Ive got a crazy idea, how about Palm builds a consistent solid phone. Then we can all read a thread about how solid the Pre is. I am a huge fan of the OS but that is no reason to make excuses for the basics that should be supporting that OS. Built well and runs snappy... That is how you build more fans and positive feedback will spread the word. Just a thought..
    just wow
    some of you are really immature!

somebody has a problem, and asked if ppl had similar experiences and some of you are basically throwing rocks at them!

grow up!

as for those with issues, i wouldnt have guessed it would have happened with the Pre Plus, but if there are issues, take it back.
    exchange it for a better pre, or cancel the contract. if you leave it too late they won't care when you come barking!
  8.    #48  
    you would think working there I could get an exchange easy but let me tell you how impossible and huge hassle it is to get a phone replaced.. I get the biggest walk around over the phone and it's a challenge to even do it in a store..

it's a shame that there are techs out there that don't do there job right, I always give the customer benefit of doubt only because I too am a customer and I don't forget that. I know and have been in their shoes, still am. I know what it's like, the way I see it if the person wants the same phone but just replaced obviously they like it and obviously they are hoping for one that'll give them a good experience and doesn't malfunction. In my case having 3 pres already and still having hardware defects that calls for a return no more exchanges
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonybmancini View Post
    you would think working there I could get an exchange easy but let me tell you how impossible and huge hassle it is to get a phone replaced.. I get the biggest walk around over the phone and it's a challenge to even do it in a store..

it's a shame that there are techs out there that don't do there job right, I always give the customer benefit of doubt only because I too am a customer and I don't forget that. I know and have been in their shoes, still am. I know what it's like, the way I see it if the person wants the same phone but just replaced obviously they like it and obviously they are hoping for one that'll give them a good experience and doesn't malfunction. In my case having 3 pres already and still having hardware defects that calls for a return no more exchanges
    Even within the 30 day worry free? What if one has exchanged it already and has a problem with the 2nd phone? Any problems in exchanging that second phone for another?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonybmancini View Post

Yeah I'm almost at the point of just returning it and possible waiting a few months. I will have to go in for my 5th at some point this week. At least for now I can live without having to change the volume. I just like this thing so damn much!
    Quote Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
    I find it hilarious that every complainer is on their "3RD PRE" its never a different number.....its never second its never fourth it always happens to be third! Hmmmmm quite interesting.
    That's because one replacement usually generates the thought "OK, I must have been the lucky one with the rare defect." The third or fourth one is "unless you believe in conspiracy theories, Palm has a serious problem with the quality inherent in the Palm Pre manufacturing process." And given the number of times for return, people want to vent.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    this is just sad
    ill buy a 1st gen pre for cheap and wait for the 5th or 6th generation of pre
    because i know that the replacement phones will get even worse...
  13.    #53  
    you shouldn't have a problem exchanging the phone you have 30 days to replace it, exchange it, or return it. And if someone in store gives you a hassle just call up.

I'm going to send mine back go back to my tour and just wait for something else wether it's the nexus one, the htc incredible, something. It's gotta be android cuz I hate blackberry but next to webos androids the only good phone os but I'm still not a huge fan of android. Just hope someone will find a way to hack web os into other phones.
    I have thought about waiting a little longer for the Nexus one as well. Everyones experience with the pre seems to be different, which is strange? I mean its from the far left to right and everywhere inbetween. I will probably give it a go next week when my upgrade is available anyways, maybe I will get lucky. Otherwise it will be the Nexus one by default...
    Just through I would update as I finally went in to the Verizon store today.

They went in and brought out another pre to replace mine (this would be number 5) that had the volume buttons not working. Well when it came time to log in and restore all the info I closed the phone to checkout the slider as I have done with all of my previous replacements. Guess what I found? Some lovely Oreo twisting.

I told the sales person and even showed her, she took the phone and went to the back room, and came out several minutes later telling me they tested 6 other phones and that all of them were doing this.

This was quite bothersome to me because the one I had in my hands had it pretty bad and the gap between both half's was pretty big. Now I'm being told that several others were the same. When I asked her if they could take one from the bottom or back of the pile I was told that they can't open anymore and that all the phones they opened now had fingerprints all over them.

I dono how well this bodes for the way Verizon handles there equipment back there, maybe they really were trying to see the other phones. But one can't help but think had any of my replacements previously been opened and handled by others?

None the less it came down to them not being able to replace anymore with a guarantee that this wont be the same on another phone, and since they claimed they opened 6 of them in the back, it was time for a return.

So sadly I ended up returning the phone all together and reactivating an old Samsung Sway that was given to me. My second slider phone ever that has no where near the wobble of the Pre.

Anything Palm has stated about the slider being tightened and build quality being improved is really hard to believe after 5 replacements, 6 other phones being tested, AND the numerous other people having problems as well. There is clearly still a heap of manufacturing problems with this thing but only time will tell if they will be fixed or scraped all together for some new hardware.

In the end the waiting game for me continues as I don't really like anything else out there right now. I love webOS and the way it works and was hooked after day one of seeing it. I tried to love the pixi but I just cant get over that small screen and strange form factor. Although that keyboard is pretty damn awesome. I might end up attempting to get another phone in a few months, but at least not till its been out a bit longer on Verizon and the units being shipped are the updated webOS.

I don't want to discourage any potential buyers with this but at least let my experience and the experience of others better prepare you for the possibilities of having serious hardware issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Didn't Palm learn anything from the Sprint Pres?
    it seems....well. NO.
    they did not followed us, the market and users.
    and all problems related with palm pre.
    I had the first one GSM unlocked and was waiting for the plus. well not anymore.
    I'll stick with my 8 Gig and then I'll wait and see.
    IMHO Palm did not learned from past errors.
    and in a commercial view, that's really really bad.
    my luck i had the forum but when u pay a smartphone 480 and so on euros, well...I PRETEND excellent quality.
    if this is the case how much must I pay for a device without hw defect? 1000 euros? no way.
    The thing that I can not bear is that palm goes on as if nothing had happened. maybe if they'll take a look at the numbers of terminals exchanged for obvious flaws in the hardware could make them wake up from their slumber?
    Last edited by mastahaze; 02/22/2010 at 12:21 PM.
    I love this phone. Love it. I wanted one the day I first saw them come out with Sprint. I was about to switch to Sprint just to get it when it came to Verizon. I tested out some other phones that friends have (iphone--which of course is an amazing device, Droid--which seems great too), but there is something about the Pre that I just really liked. Now after having it for 9 days, I think I am hooked on this phone and WebOS. This phone has exceeded my expectations.

I was having an issue with the Pre just shutting off on it's own. I chalked it up to something I was doing at first, but it started happening more and I realized it wasn't me. I took it back today and Verizon replaced it. So far it's working great.

There's no perfect phone, and I don't think there ever will be. There are lots of phone's out there because there are a lot of preferences and opinions.

My opinion is that I prefer this one.
    don't get me wrong.
    i love the pre too and after tryin out webOS I want to stick with this OS. no doubt.
    but I also want a decent hardware for the spent price. and it's a lot.
    such a product is not even re-sellable
    Quote Originally Posted by mastahaze View Post
    don't get me wrong.
    i love the pre too and after tryin out webOS I want to stick with this OS. no doubt.
    but I also want a decent hardware for the spent price. and it's a lot.
    such a product is not even re-sellable
    I get that, I do. I just haven't experienced the hardware issues that others have with the Pre Plus, so I can't add insight there. The keyboard was touchy on my last one (I didn't return it for that reason), but I always kind of felt like it was a learning curve. I needed to get use to it. I started getting better and the double-letters decreased.

I am hoping the best for Palm because I really believe they could have some amazing days ahead. WebOS is fabulous.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123