Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    High expectations come with the high price tag. Why is it wrong to expect quality for the high price?
    I find it hilarious that every complainer is on their "3RD PRE" its never a different number.....its never second its never fourth it always happens to be third! Hmmmmm quite interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
    I find it hilarious that every complainer is on their "3RD PRE" its never a different number.....its never second its never fourth it always happens to be third! Hmmmmm quite interesting.
    I'm still on my June Pre. 1st and only.
    Quote Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
    I am on my second.
    I am on my first one, but I only got it on Monday. I have 2 stuck pixels that I really only see when restarting, so not work worrying about right now. I also see funky diagonal yellowish hour glass shapes, but they seem to move around. Not sure what to think about that. everything else is nice and solid.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    on my first pre plus since launch and I have no problems what so ever. Last night my son dropped it while it was n the charger on top of the kitchen island and nothing happened to it...I was happy about that. I hope I never encounter any issues like the ones I'm reading here. I guess I got lucky with my pre. Sorry to hear about ur issues pre owners.
    I received my pre+ last Thursday and the build is rock solid so far. There is no oreo effect, it slides out nicely and is tight when open or closed. I have a few keys (mostly E and R) which double occasionally. I am hesitant to return it for a new one because I could end up with something worse. I had a 755 that had issues and when I exchanged it I had to use a hammer to type. Thankfully there was something wrong with it and the next one had a few keys that did not click. It was difficult to tell if I hit them but I stuck with that phone. The point here is that no phone is perfect and Palm's have had build issues for a long time (yes I had a 700p that needed to be replaced several times because of build issues) but in the end I realize I do not want an Iphone or other device. I am loving this phone so far and the operating system is so much nicer than the old OS.

PS, it appears my phone may have been used by a Verizon employee before being shipped to me because I have some photo's on it that are not mine. Either that or there is a Dave Matthews fan in China or where ever it is manufactured. Again, I probably do not want to risk trading it in for a new one even though VZN has said that alone is a reason to get a new phone. I think they may have just toyed around with it but who knows.....
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    High expectations come with the high price tag. Why is it wrong to expect quality for the high price?
    $149 is a high price? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    $149 is a high price? lol
    Most of us paid alot more than that.
    Just ask anybody here.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I have only had my Pre for about two weeks (since verizon launch) and I love it. I am having no major issues at all. The only minor issue I have is the occassional double letter while typing thing. Other than that it's rock solid so far (so good).
    What to do with my pre?

Love it, hug it, and call him George

Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Haven't made the jump to the pre+ yet, still reading up on it...with all the little issues would you still recommend?
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    @notaphonegeek Mines name is Jeeves! My only 'issue' is I have had the double letter when typing...maybe I did it...I treat Jeeves way to good for him to mess with me
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou2g3 View Post
    Haven't made the jump to the pre+ yet, still reading up on it...with all the little issues would you still recommend?
    The pre is an awesome phone, most of the complainers have either had bad luck with their phone build quality or are trolls. Some have legit issues, some are just ninnies. Most people love their pre, and have no reason to post, therefore it appears it's a terrible phone if you read the 1 and 2 post wonders. I have 3 pres and no trouble with any of them. You need to research for yourself and make the decision on your own, not just read what a few whiners who complain about how it needs to be more like this phone or that phone.

Bottom line
    Research and buy the phone that best suits your needs.

Now, thats my post complaining about complainers, who complain about complainers complaints!
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Rift, Thank You - Someone finally complained about somthing I can agree with. The Backlit Keyboard is terrible.

All these oreo complaints are making me sick. Who cares. The phone works. Every phone I have ever had has had some issue. I like my oreo and am seeing how far I can twist it.

Now the stuck pixel thing is geting big. I know a lot of people with the Pre and have never seen one. It doesnt mean you dont have it, but to me that would be a real problem. I hate those sort of things. My HP laptop has one dead center. Kils me.
    Quote Originally Posted by compo View Post
    I received my pre+ last Thursday and the build is rock solid so far. There is no oreo effect, it slides out nicely and is tight when open or closed. I have a few keys (mostly E and R) which double occasionally. I am hesitant to return it for a new one because I could end up with something worse. I had a 755 that had issues and when I exchanged it I had to use a hammer to type. Thankfully there was something wrong with it and the next one had a few keys that did not click. It was difficult to tell if I hit them but I stuck with that phone. The point here is that no phone is perfect and Palm's have had build issues for a long time (yes I had a 700p that needed to be replaced several times because of build issues) but in the end I realize I do not want an Iphone or other device. I am loving this phone so far and the operating system is so much nicer than the old OS.

PS, it appears my phone may have been used by a Verizon employee before being shipped to me because I have some photo's on it that are not mine. Either that or there is a Dave Matthews fan in China or where ever it is manufactured. Again, I probably do not want to risk trading it in for a new one even though VZN has said that alone is a reason to get a new phone. I think they may have just toyed around with it but who knows.....
    I bought a samsung once that had photos of someones family on it. I imediately took it back. I was just glad it wasnt some perv had the phone before me. Sprint kills me sometines
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddct View Post
    Rift, Thank You - Someone finally complained about somthing I can agree with. The Backlit Keyboard is terrible.

All these oreo complaints are making me sick. Who cares. The phone works. Every phone I have ever had has had some issue. I like my oreo and am seeing how far I can twist it.

Now the stuck pixel thing is geting big. I know a lot of people with the Pre and have never seen one. It doesnt mean you dont have it, but to me that would be a real problem. I hate those sort of things. My HP laptop has one dead center. Kils me.
    This is currently the thing that bothers me the most aside from the dead pixels which seem to be extremely common on the pres. I'd really like to know what they did to mess this one up because this is what the keyboard should look like.

palminfocenter.com/images/palm-pre-hw-imp-9.jpg

This could all just be the first batch of phones since there have been some hardware changes (so palm said) and undiscovered problems could be there but only time will tell. Bottom line is unless your using all your Verizon rebates this phone isn't cheap so there is a certain amount of perfection people expect. Shelling out money and ignoring a products defects would just lead to the same problems down the road, and not to mention wasting your money.

Hopefully Palm is actually looking into most of these phone returns and trying to weed out the problems. I really love this OS and the phones form factor so I'm willing to stick it out at least till my 30 days is up, but everyone has a limit. With 3 phones in I'm hoping I just got super super lucky and got a few bad ones.
    Hey everyone, here is the story. I have owned Palm devices for the past decade. I got my palm pre + on launch, came overnight via FedEx. I looked at it, held it in the palm of my hand and thought to myself, "I'm going to baby this thing forever". The best phone I have ever had.

I turned on the power. Power button felt weird. In fact, it wouldn't turn on if pressed a certain way. I said to myself, o.k. I can live with that.

Then, I used the phone for a week. Awesome phone. Sure, webos, graphics, etc. demands more battery power. I can life with that. I followed everyones advice to prolong battery life, so I would have to charge everynight. No problem.

Then, there was a big problem. My phone would turn off at random, and when I close the slider. I took it back for an exchange yesterday. The Verizon worker had no idea how to handle the phone. I wanted to yell at him, but he working shoulder to shoulder next to his co-workers. He rips the phone out of the box, slides the phone out many times, then after putting in the wrong ESN number to the phone (so now my new phone has my secondary lines phone number attached), I had to go back and he man-handles the back cover b/c he can't take it off. turns the "vibrate switch" on, puts the battery BACKWARDS", and doesn't know why it won't turn on.

Now, I'm agitated. I am in loud voice mode. He said that my new phone doesn't have the right number assigned to it b/c I gave him the wrong phone number. I said to him, "You never asked me for a number to begin with". Then this former crack dealer/user says that I must have put in the number when I signed in to wait in line. I said to the drug addict "I put in the correct number in there". He asks what the number should be like 5 times during this process. The ans was the same 5 times. At the end, I get a "sorry for the mixup". I wonder if verizon wireless does drug screens on their employees. If they don't, they should.

Well, now the new phone is great so far. BUT it has the huge gap all along all sides of the phone, and I can slide the phone left and right when closed. It is annoying, but I still have 2.5 weeks left in the 30 day worry free.

Should I keep it and put up with the crack that will fit a mini-SD card for the next 2 years? Or should I go back and make sure, at least cosmetically, things are perfect before I try #3? Thanks in advance. This is a great forum!!
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    The pre is an awesome phone, most of the complainers have either had bad luck with their phone build quality or are trolls. Some have legit issues, some are just ninnies. Most people love their pre, and have no reason to post, therefore it appears it's a terrible phone if you read the 1 and 2 post wonders. I have 3 pres and no trouble with any of them. You need to research for yourself and make the decision on your own, not just read what a few whiners who complain about how it needs to be more like this phone or that phone.

Bottom line
    Research and buy the phone that best suits your needs.

Now, thats my post complaining about complainers, who complain about complainers complaints!
    Yeah, let's all listen to you, because you're correct and all the others who have had issues or problems with their Pre's are just complainers, right?

Listen, You cannot speak for everyone, nor do you know all the issues a lot of people have. Let's face it, there is a problem with the build quality of the Pre, you cannot deny that at all. Sure, some of you all have had your good build Pre's, and cherish those like it's your own child; but that doesn't mean there isn't a fair share of users out there who having several + replacements, are by any means considered to be "complainers".

I for myself, will say, play it safe and get a Pixi, unless you NEED the features and 3D gaming of the Pre. If you're getting the phone just because of webOS, eyeball the Pixi.

Personally, I would love to own a Pre again, but having to go back to get the phone replaced because of QC issues from Palm, or the phone is so fragile (can't even keep it in your pocket w/o pulling it out and seeing you now have a oreo effect), etc. is just too much worrying about a phone. I like to have a phone knowing it will last the length of my contract, and if it doesn't live up to that standards, based on MY experiences, I have every right to tell others to BEWARE. In the end, no one is going to make up the OP's decision but him/herself. We are just all chiming in with all our experiences of the device.

Now if someone is coming in saying "don't get xxxxx phone because xxx phone is a lot better", and not having tried both devices, is an *****, and has no idea what a real legitimate reason or "complaint" in your eyes, actually is. For me, I can say, "Go for the Pixi if you don't want to have to hassle with hardware issues of the Pre". This is the only reason anyone should consider a Pixi over a Pre, IMO.

But to pat you on the back, you are correct, just try out both devices and see what the outcome is. Guaranteeing the display will show you what heavy/extreme usage is going to show like on the Pre. Looking at the Pixi (being a display right next to the Pre), you'll see how it stacks up to use and abuse on a daily basis. Sure it hasn't been on display as long as the Pre, but who knows how long the current Pre has been on display for. It may or may not be the original unit from launch.
  20.    #40  
    fyi.. I'm no troll.. And I'm actually a tech.. I played with my stores demo phone before I got mine and it had no problems. Why I've had bad luck wiith my 3 is beyond me. Today was a new issue.. My phone turned off on it's own and wouldn't come back on until I pulled out the battery. I love this phone don't get me wrong and I haven't given up on it yet. Hence why I'm on my third one since launch. I have never owned a phone with this many problems... I loveevrything about webos, I love the phone itself but this is a poorly built phone. I'm afraid that it won't last me more than 6 months and that it's going to be a constant replacement issue. This is a forum, for people to talk and discuss good and bad things. What's the point of a forum if you can't discuss your issues to see who else has them and how many may be affected? I have used a lot of information from these forums to help my job and my co workers, informing them of issues people have and how to do certain things with the phone. Forum is a place to discuss so get off rhe whole troll thing wen legit problems are happing and I just wanted to makesure I wasn't the only one.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast