1.    #1  
    I have installed preware/optware on my phone, tried a lot of things suggested on the other threads, but still get a connection refused when trying to winscp on my phone. Can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by rexi01 View Post
    I have installed preware/optware on my phone, tried a lot of things suggested on the other threads, but still get a connection refused when trying to winscp on my phone. Can anyone help?
    Are you able to use Putty?

What settings are you using in winscp?
  3.    #3  
    I cant ssh using putty either. with winscp I have tried scp (localhost, 5522, root (nopasswd)) sftp (pre_ip_address, 222, sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server) I downloaded preware and installed all the optware packages. is there a step-step doc on setting this thing up? not sure if i am missing anything on the linux side!
    Quote Originally Posted by rexi01 View Post
    I cant ssh using putty either. with winscp I have tried scp (localhost, 5522, root (nopasswd)) sftp (pre_ip_address, 222, sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server) I downloaded preware and installed all the optware packages. is there a step-step doc on setting this thing up? not sure if i am missing anything on the linux side!
    When you setup ssh on the pre did you also create an unprivileged user?

Have you read and followed these:

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Next_steps

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Setup_SFTP
  5.    #5  
    steps on the second link helped.
    Thank you!
    No problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lclarkjr View Post
    When you setup ssh on the pre did you also create an unprivileged user?

Have you read and followed these:

>>links removed as can't include them<<
    hi, i installed all the packages also and can occasionally get it to connect, but it only lasts for a few moments; it only connects 1/10 times, of the rest, 6/10 give a "connection timed out" error and 3/10 ask for password then give "host not communicating for more than 15 seconds..." error.
    -is this not working well w 1.4?
    -what else should i do? i followed your links but most are old/deprecated.
    -as far as setting up a user, do we still do that or is that outdated also?

it is unuseable as it is.
    thanks much.
    Ev
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    hi, i installed all the packages also and can occasionally get it to connect, but it only lasts for a few moments; it only connects 1/10 times, of the rest, 6/10 give a "connection timed out" error and 3/10 ask for password then give "host not communicating for more than 15 seconds..." error.
    -is this not working well w 1.4?
    -what else should i do? i followed your links but most are old/deprecated.
    -as far as setting up a user, do we still do that or is that outdated also?

it is unuseable as it is.
    thanks much.
    Ev
    All the above is out of date (to my knowledge)...

see post 5: http://forums.precentral.net/general...ter-1-4-a.html
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    hi,
    i went and did all of those steps and same result. the connection is horrible, and i cannot go up the directories and get to /media/internal/. please, can someone help. if i am not providing enough info, let me know what is needed and i will provide it.
    thanks