Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Its a nice demonstration but I don't see the point of the idea. This would take a bit of work and engineering. The only useful thing of stacks would be to group applications and have multiple stacks. Otherwise, its sole purpose seems to be so you can look at your desktop image more, and it adds an extra step to get back to your application.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Its a nice demonstration but I don't see the point of the idea. This would take a bit of work and engineering. The only useful thing of stacks would be to group applications and have multiple stacks. Otherwise, its sole purpose seems to be so you can look at your desktop image more, and it adds an extra step to get back to your application.
    If they do that, then they might allow widget creation for an Android type home screen.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    LOVE the idea minus the shake...it would also be really cool if you could then save stacks to the launcher and be able to launch groups!!!!!! Wow the possibilities are endless..... Lol
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I really like it, but NOT the shaking. I don't want to risk my phone by shaking it, plus it leads to lots of accidental shaking.

Maybe that could be a use for the stupid center button. Haha. Just hit it to open and close the stack.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Palm can figure out HOW to implement this idea (which gesture/button), but I agree it should be done. Stacks, home screen, widgets, adding a 'stack' to the launcher. All very good ideas which could go into the Palm Pre 2, or something sooner.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Never realized people were afraid to shake their phone I guess me kicking mine across pavement is really bad huh

I'm just conflicted between having card open and a "desktop" view
    I would def love the idea of a limited amount of widgets
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    I love this idea! I read somewhere that your phone runs smoother when you're not opening and closing frequently used apps all the time, but I just can't help but close them to get to a clean screen (I admit, for no really good reason).
    perhaps shake and/or gesture + key could be the solution? You could have the option to turn shake off...
    Quote Originally Posted by NINnerd View Post
    I really like it, but NOT the shaking. I don't want to risk my phone by shaking it, plus it leads to lots of accidental shaking.
    You haven't played Monopoly on the Pre yet have you?

You make a good point about accidental shaking though.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    You haven't played Monopoly on the Pre yet have you?

You make a good point about accidental shaking though.
    I don't think it would be too much of a problem the iphone has shake to undo and I don't see many people having problems
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Cool Idea. I hope someone from Palm is watching.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Is there suppose to be something animated? All that picture is of white cards ... I'm not understanding what the idea is ...
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal85 View Post
    Is there suppose to be something animated? All that picture is of white cards ... I'm not understanding what the idea is ...
    yea there is a gif below the text.. not the attachment.
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Nice idea, except for the shaking part. But I would love to them minimized like in the picture.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    It's a good start.
    Instead, minimizing them so that they can be retrieved just as easily would be a good idea.

The whole card idea can go such a long way.
    I love this idea in it's entirety...I would love to see Palm implement this into WebOS!!....Please submit this idea to Palm with a link to this forum!
    Like it but I would rather see it done through swiping. Like swiping a card down from the active cards would stack it while swiping up would still close it or visa/versa
    wow, good example you made! If Palm wants to go with widgets, you could almost setup those minimized cards as folders, or card banks for a set of apps. IDK, something cool could happen down the road if Palm wants to build out webOS further. I would think this would be in webOS 2.0 or later though. Palm has some other things to fix and get going before they re-tackle the card display.
    I like that idea!
    So instead of shaking, pinch the cards to bring it to the consolidated view you have with the number 3 (icon) on it. Apple took synergy from Palm, so let's use their photo pinching for folder view in the iPad. Watch it here for what I'm referring to:

skip the video forward to 8:18
    This is just as nice as idea's I have had in the past but have gotten flack for them... All this is, is a way to make the user interface more friendly. Like my ideas.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast