1.    #1  
    I downloaded drPodder hoping to listen to the Palmcast from yesterday. It wasnt available yet so I decided to listen to gdgt weekly to get my tech fix for the day.

Context: Towards the end of the Podcast. Talking about the iPad and whether it was a big deal that the iPad did not have multitasking. They seemed up in the air about it. They talked about how people seem to expect it when you have a larger screen. Then they said.

Paraphrasing:

"Well in defense of Apple no one has really figured out true multitasking. Android has the widgets but....... and especially in terms of resources no one has really figured it out."

So what is the definition of true multitasking?
    that's messed up
    Quote Originally Posted by splitsick View Post
    I downloaded drPodder hoping to listen to the Palmcast from yesterday. It wasnt available yet so I decided to listen to gdgt weekly to get my tech fix for the day.

Context: Towards the end of the Podcast. Talking about the iPad and whether it was a big deal that the iPad did not have multitasking. They seemed up in the air about it. They talked about how people seem to expect it when you have a larger screen. Then they said.

Paraphrasing:

"Well in defense of Apple no one has really figured out true multitasking. Android has the widgets but....... and especially in terms of resources no one has really figured it out."

Apparently not the Pre
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts

Paraphrasing:

webOS seems the red-headed stepchild at times... (apologies to any real red-headed step children)
    Define, true. Define, multitasking. In my world of mobile phones, I believe WM, Android, and definitely WebOS has achieved that. They can take their "in defence of Apple . . ." and shove it. Maybe Rubinstein will go and clean it back up. No offense at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    webOS seems the red-headed stepchild at times... (apologies to any real red-headed step children)
    Apology accepted.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Apology accepted.
  8.    #8  
    It's about right at 60:30 into it. He says" I dont think anyone has gotten it right, I don't even think Android has gotten it right. There's resource consumption and battery consumption and I kind of get why Apple has tried to ignore it.

I am not trying to Blaze gdgt. They were fair about the iPad downfalls. They arent apple "*******" but I just dont understand how they could say:

"no one has got it right yet".

Sure it uses some battery, but its not like I am writing Palm telling them to take it off the Pre so I can save some battery. I just feel this is one thing Palm has got right!
    I am not trying to Blaze gdgt. They were fair about the iPad downfalls. They arent apple "*******" but I just dont understand how they could say:

"no one has got it right yet".

Sure it uses some battery, but its not like I am writing Palm telling them to take it off the Pre so I can save some battery. I just feel this is one thing Palm has got right!
    The Pre's battery is pretty good for a multitasking smartphone. Not much worse (if any worse) than the iPhone or other smartphones...
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    gdgt usually overlooks webOS anyways.

The Juju could eat Apple's lunch if they had 16GB model and WiDi. HP needs to get on the ball and throw their Touchsmart UI onto a 11" tablet!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    sure wish I could shove a webOS tablet in their faces
  12.    #12  
    I just think the Pre does multitasking so effortlessly and productivly and then to not recieve any credit for it?

For example:

We have some friends we go out with that have the Iphones and they are always bragging about them.

The other day I saw my wife checking email, texting someone else and on facebook all at the same time. I told her that the iPhone can't do those things all at once and you have to close one thing to start another. She said are you serious I am always doing a bunch of things at once. It was just fuinny that I had never explained multitasking to her and she is ******** with phones and she had figured out how to use it to its full capabilities.
    and here I was about to take gdgy seriously..now they've lost all credibility
    it's nothing more than apologizing for apple's fail
  14.    #14  
    I can see Apple copying the cards system that Palm has come up with (I can't think of a better system for multitasking).

Then after it is implemented in the iPhone and iPad everyone will praise Apple for thinking it up.
  15.    #15  
    Phonedog on youtube gives a little credit to Palm.

This is the title and summary of his video.

iPhone Multitasking - Palm WebOS Cards Style

Multitasking on your iPhone? Yup. Palm WebOS-style cards on your iPhone? Yup. But you gotta jailbreak. Noah checks out Backgrounder and ProSwitcher for multitasking on a jailbroken iPhone. Forums:...