Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. dirtaymcgirt
    i feel like ive gotten a little better typing on my pre plus but i still screw up a lot and its frustrating. will i get faster? did anyone suck at first now they are dirty fast? thanks
    It'll depend on what type of person you are. I have no problem here on the Sprint Pre, rarely make mistakes and type at a reasonable speed (much faster than I've every been able to on any of the virtual keyboards), but obviously not anywhere as fast as on a real keyboard.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    This was my first phone qwerty keyboard, so I was pretty slow at first. Now I'm fairly accurate and much faster than when I started. Still not super fast, but fast enough that it doesn't bother me.
    im super fast now. It took a little while but i have to type with my fingernails cuz my fingers are too big (which is what i had to do with resistive screens anyway). i been testing typing without looking and im getting really accurate with that as well
    My daughter is a mega text'r and she loves the Pre's keyboard, says it's really fast for her.
    test yourself here: Mobile Typing Test: How Fast Can you Type on iPhone, Palm, Nokia, etc

here's the fastest i got so far:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thats pretty fast. i did 33 per min
    Once I realized that I didn't have to hold the Orange and/or Shift buttons down while pressing a key to display special characters or capital letters, I got much faster.
    I'm used to the Qwerty keyboards having had a couple of Treo's, but started off a bit slow on this one just because I was trying to figure out the most comfortable way to hold the device and type at the same time. Now I've gotten fast on it, but the only drawback is my fingertips hurt after a day of typing emails and/or messaging. Still my favorite phone though!
    i feel like i'm pretty damn fast. fingernails/tips is the key.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I just tried the test on that site, and I'm getting between 30-34 wpm.
    i just tried it a few times. i'm averaging 46 wpm. i'll put up screenshots later tonight after work if anyone wants to see them.
    Took a test with Mobile Typing Test: How Fast Can you Type on iPhone, Palm, Nokia, etc as did the user above,
    got 7.2 words in 6.717 seconds. Speed of about 65 WPM. XD
    Took a test with Mobile Typing Test: How Fast Can you Type on iPhone, Palm, Nokia, etc as did the user above,
    sprint pre here, I'm so dirty fast it's dirty
    This signature for rent
    I average about 40 wpm.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyc View Post
    now that's bad ***!

i feel like the gauntlet has been thrown down.

eet eez...ow du ju zay...on, motherfu(ker?
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    now that's bad ***!

i feel like the gauntlet has been thrown down.

eet eez...ow du ju zay...on, motherfu(ker?
    Been using qwerty for 3 years. You learn. Especially if they're all palm
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyc View Post
    Been using qwerty for 3 years. You learn. Especially if they're all palm
    oh, i'll learn...tonight! i must win!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    oh, i'll learn...tonight! i must win!! lol
    It's on.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast