1.    #1  
    where is the best place to get them? Preware doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for.
    I don't know of another repo aside from Preware. Out of curiosity, what kind of application are you looking for?
  3. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster12979 View Post
    where is the best place to get them? Preware doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for.
    Preware just picks up the feeds...

Umm what are you looking for? Are you trying to find a particular apps you know exists or are you looking to see if there is an app for your needs?
  4.    #4  
    Just wanting to see what else is out there. I have read some posts about people getting things like sims and ac for free, and I don't see them for free in preware so it made me wonder if there is another place to get apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster12979 View Post
    Just wanting to see what else is out there. I have read some posts about people getting things like sims and ac for free, and I don't see them for free in preware so it made me wonder if there is another place to get apps.
    Here we go again...
    i'm sure there are places where u can get some games like that for free..but honestly if they're willing to pirate games and apps, whats to keep them adding malicious code or something along those lines, i wouldnt trust a site offering webos games for free
  7.    #7  
    I think my question is being misunderstood. Not asking for free games. However, when people are saying they are downloading games for free they have to be getting them from somewhere. And maybe that somewhere has homebrew apps that aren't in preware. I came from the iphone world before having a pre and am used to cydia and having to enter multiple sources to get more apps. Is this something that people do with preware?
    Well you aren't going to find games like Sims for free unless they are pirated. As for games in Preware, I just checked the PreCentral feed and there are 68 games (plus those I already have installed), Palm Beta feed has several and so does Palm Web feed.

Plus, open the App Catalog, there are at least 80 free games listed in there.
    Why not pay for the games? I bought Need for Speed, Asphalt, XPlane and other (non 3D) games they are all great games that show a lot of development effort.
    Preware already pulls from several feeds. In fact, there really aren't any general-interest feeds that aren't included in it.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V