Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    While trying to add some files to my pre in USB mode I found that every folder is showing up as read-only. Even after going into properties of the folders and unchecking this box it reverts to read only. I cannot add any roms for VBA, ringtones, wallpapers, etc. I have not run into this issue before and cannot figure out how to change this.

Can anyone please help? I searched and came up with nothing.
  2.    #2  
    anyone? please help!

thanks!!!
    Have you tried restarting the phone and the computer?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Have you tried restarting the phone and the computer?
    i've restarted the phone, not the computer. i've used this on a mac and pc, could this be causing the issue? I don't really want to have to root my phone as i'm not comfortable doing this. Any other ideas?
    restart the computer
    Did you perhaps format the USB partition when it was connected to PC/Mac?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Did you perhaps format the USB partition when it was connected to PC/Mac?
    If this is done automatically I have no idea. if i would have had to have actually done this manually then no I didn't.

Restarting the PC did not help. Initially when I click properties on a folder the read only box is checked gray, then i can uncheck it, but it reverts back to read only every time.
  8.    #8  
    bump

really need to get this figured out. could this have anything to do with a patch i may have installed or VBA?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    if after you have tried everything else, you need a way to bring your pre back to life with backed up data, see below thread in signature.

Input thanks if you found this useful
    i wouldn't consider the phone bricked, it's just only showing as read only and i'm unable to, in usb mode, add any files.
    what if you do a partial erase?
  11.    #11  
    what if you do a partial erase?
    what is that/how do i do that? What will i lose?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    My phone is now experiencing the same issue, folders I created before are now read only also?
    Back up your phone if you have alot of stuff on it.
    Type "device", click on the icon, go to reset options, click on partial erase or full erase. This will erase everything on your phone, if all else fails you can always run WebOS Doctor.
  14.    #14  
    Back up your phone if you have alot of stuff on it.
    Type "device", click on the icon, go to reset options, click on partial erase or full erase. This will erase everything on your phone, if all else fails you can always run WebOS Doctor.
    so contacts won't be a problem since i'm using google, same with calendar, but what about apps/patches stuff like that? does it erase all of those also?
  15.    #15  
    also any new folder i create while in USB mode instantly goes to the default grayed out checked read only box. does anyone have any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattakramer View Post
    so contacts won't be a problem since i'm using google, same with calendar, but what about apps/patches stuff like that? does it erase all of those also?
    It's supposed to erase everything. But this is what's weird. Sometimes after a full erase some of the patches are still there. What I always do is run WebOS Doctor then run a full erase to make sure everything gets blown out. Your Google stuff should be fine. But all your patches and apps will be gone. If you don't want to run WebOS Doctor then uninstall all patches before running a full erase.
  17.    #17  
    It's supposed to erase everything. But this is what's weird. Sometimes after a full erase some of the patches are still there. What I always do is run WebOS Doctor then run a full erase to make sure everything gets blown out. Your Google stuff should be fine. But all your patches and apps will be gone. If you don't want to run WebOS Doctor then uninstall all patches before running a full erase.
    so then i'll have to manually install every app i have now again, as well as every patch again?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjrausch View Post
    My phone is now experiencing the same issue, folders I created before are now read only also?
    are you using patches or VBA?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattakramer View Post
    so then i'll have to manually install every app i have now again, as well as every patch again?
    Patches, yes.
    Apps, depends on which ones. Palm Catalog Apps will be backed up once you click on the backup button. The Homebrew Apps you will need to reinstall.
  20.    #20  
    patches, yes.
    Apps, depends on which ones. Palm catalog apps will be backed up once you click on the backup button. The homebrew apps you will need to reinstall.
    any thoughts on what could have caused this issue so i don't go through all of this to only find it happening again?

Does anyone else have any other ideas before i have to go through all of this headache?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast