1.    #1  
    The case on my Palm Pre is cracked, never dropped and Palm says in order for it to be corrected I need to pay them $199 and also the shipping and also send them my phone before they send a replacement. The phone is not a year old. I have had nothing but problems with it. This was the biggest mistake. Going back to using my old phone.
    Never dropped..So it was cracked when you bought it? Why'd U buy a cracked phone?? Or did you crush in your pocket and now are upset?
    total equipment protection plan. So worth the money.
    Troll?
    nah, trolls own up to breaking their phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster12979 View Post
    total equipment protection plan. So worth the money.
    I think they still charge you $100 for the deductible however. And you'll pay $96 a year for it (if you're lucky enough to not have to get it replaced).
    one post wonder
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Why are you dealing with Palm? Most of the time you must go through your carrier. I know Sprint, even without a protection plan, will trade out a referb for $100 dollars. At least they have in the past.
    Why are we feeding this? This guy's a troll. Hands down. Can we close this, because it doesn't sound like something either Sprint or Palm would say.
    they tried it on me the other day at a repair center with my 4 month old pre they wanted to charge me to fix the power button even though it's still under warenty and right up until I told them I would cancle my contrat and go some where eles and caused a big secne in the store about them not standing behind the products they sell they finnialy decided to fix it for free
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    they tried it on me the other day at a repair center with my 4 month old pre they wanted to charge me to fix the power button even though it's still under warenty and right up until I told them I would cancle my contrat and go some where eles and caused a big secne in the store about them not standing behind the products they sell they finnialy decided to fix it for free
    Awesome.
    Cant take a post serious with such a glaring spelling error.
    I guess the OP would have been happier with a cracked iPhone instead
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I think they still charge you $100 for the deductible however. And you'll pay $96 a year for it (if you're lucky enough to not have to get it replaced).
    I've almost never been charge the deductible. It just greases the wheels at the corporate Sprint store for them to just swap the hardware there. Replaced almost a dozen phones so far, only had to pay the deductible once.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I think the OP is talking about a crack in the top half of the Pre. The bottom half is the battery cover.
    It's probably close to what Palm said, but I suspect he totally misunderstood them. Palm charges for the phone up front, in case you don't send yours back. It's a deposit, not a fee. The money is refunded (credited back to your card) when the bad phone is received by Palm. He will have to pay shipping, but that's the way it works.

If he took it to a Sprint store (assuming Sprint's his provider), he wouldn't have to jump through the hoops.