1.    #1  
    I'm looking for some advice from other Palm Pre Plus users out there. I'm trying to figure out if the Interactive Tests are failing because there's a problem with the testing software or if my phone actually does have a problem. My phone, lately, has been acting up, so I tried running the interactive tests to see if anything was obvious. What I found was strange.

If you could open Interactive Tests, by going into your Launcher and clicking on "Device Info". Pull down the top left corner menu and select "Interactive Tests..." When that window appears, click on "Touch sensors" It will then ask you to fill in the boxes on the top and again on the bottom. This seems to work (although running your finger across them sometimes skips one or two). The problem I'm having is actually in the very next section which is "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out". When you pinch the two dots and pull away (Zoom In), the first thing I notice is that the blue spheres don't stay under my finger - when I pinch away, the blue spheres are all over the screen, however they do move.

It's the Zoom Out part that doesn't work at all for me. No matter where I touch on the screen, and at any interval, I can't get those two spheres to move. Oddly though, pinching in and out on something like google maps works ok though. (sometimes it does jump around a bit, but it does seem to work)

Is anyone else having this same issue? I'm just trying to find out if this test is not working b/c of software or my hardware.

Thanks!
    I'm having the same exact problem with zoom in and zoom out tests.
    Sprint Pre here...same thing...zoom out not working
  4.    #4  
    Thanks jrdatrackstar and MilenkoD for your input!

So I suppose this is probably a software issue, unless there's someone out there who has run this test on their Pre successfully?

anyone?
    Is the zoom not working at all? Or is it only in those tests that it's not working?
    Christa
    wife, mother, nerd and proud of it
    lol mine didn't work in the test either and it relunctantly works in any other app.
    My sprint pre built in November is not working as well.
    zooming in test I get a single dot in between my fingers.. then zooming out I get no response what so ever.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    could we get a new pre because of this, my dog put a scratch on the back that I'd love to replace, lol
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver27 View Post
    Is the zoom not working at all? Or is it only in those tests that it's not working?
    the zoom appears to be working in other apps (although sometimes it acts up), but definitely does not work in the interactive tests...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    zooming in test I get a single dot in between my fingers.. then zooming out I get no response what so ever.
    I get this exact same thing...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I get the exact response, but my phone works perfectly. I suspect that part of the test just has problems.