webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > How do you delete a birthday in calendar?
How do you delete a birthday in calendar?

Old 02/03/2010, 09:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

I have a birthday in my calendar that i want to delete. I have no clue how to! There is no option anywhere to delete and when i go into google calendars I dont see an option either. I deleted the contacts birthday and it still shows up. Any ideas?
myblackz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2010, 09:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Which calendar is it? Is it the Google birthday calendar (separate calendar)? Is it from Outlook?
Old 02/03/2010, 09:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
Which calendar is it? Is it the Google birthday calendar (separate calendar)? Is it from Outlook?
Its googles birthday calendar. I believe it pulls all my contacts birthdays correct?
Old 02/03/2010, 09:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Much like Facebook events, Synergy pulls the information from Google's Birthday calendar and populates your phone's calendar with the events, without giving you the ability to modify those events. The only way I can think of to delete a Google contacts birthday from your Palm calendar is to go into the Google contact itself and delete the birthday from there. The birthday should disappear from your Pre's calendar shortly thereafter.

I have my Google contacts set up so that only contacts whose birthdays I want to appear on my phone have their birthday entered into Google contacts. Of course, this also means I've had to create a contact for my 1.5-year-old nephew because I want his birthday to show up in my calendar! Ah well...the kid'll be growing up in a technology-filled world anyways.
kallan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2010, 09:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
Much like Facebook events, Synergy pulls the information from Google's Birthday calendar and populates your phone's calendar with the events, without giving you the ability to modify those events. The only way I can think of to delete a Google contacts birthday from your Palm calendar is to go into the Google contact itself and delete the birthday from there. The birthday should disappear from your Pre's calendar shortly thereafter.

I have my Google contacts set up so that only contacts whose birthdays I want to appear on my phone have their birthday entered into Google contacts. Of course, this also means I've had to create a contact for my 1.5-year-old nephew because I want his birthday to show up in my calendar! Ah well...the kid'll be growing up in a technology-filled world anyways.
I deleted the birthday from the contact and it still shows up.
Old 02/03/2010, 11:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Sounds like maybe it's coming from Facebook.
Old 02/03/2010, 11:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Kill the contact?
GuyFromNam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2010, 11:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
I deleted the birthday from the contact and it still shows up.
So you did...should've read the first post more closely. Sorry about that.

I have found that the birthday calendar can be very slow to recognize changes. Be sure to give it a few hours to recognize any change in data. Other than that, I'm stumped.
Old 02/03/2010, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Sounds like maybe it's coming from Facebook.
Im probably the only person on planet earth who isnt on facebook
Old 02/03/2010, 12:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
So you did...should've read the first post more closely. Sorry about that.

I have found that the birthday calendar can be very slow to recognize changes. Be sure to give it a few hours to recognize any change in data. Other than that, I'm stumped.
Id rather not kill the contact, has lots of info on there. The birthday has been deleted over 24 hours ago from the contact. Weird stuff.
Old 02/09/2010, 12:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Okay, I had a similar issue happen to me a few days ago when I tried to delete a Google contact's birthday. Here are two tips:

-Be sure you delete the birthday directly from the contact on Google's website, not from the Contacts app on your Pre. Birthdays deleted from the Contacts app don't always migrate from Google.
-You may have to unsubscribe and resubscribe to the Contacts Birthdays and Events calendar from Google Calendar's website. This is what I had to do to get it to work. This isn't particularly convenient, but it gets the job done.

Good luck!

Last edited by kallan42; 02/09/2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Added text for clarity
Thanked By: myblackz28
Old 02/09/2010, 01:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Okay, I had a similar issue happen to me a few days ago when I tried to delete a Google contact's birthday. Here are two tips:

-Be sure you delete the birthday directly from the contact on Google's website, not from the Contacts app on your Pre. Birthdays deleted from the Contacts app don't always migrate from Google.
-You may have to unsubscribe and resubscribe to the Contacts Birthdays and Events calendar from Google Calendar's website. This is what I had to do to get it to work. This isn't particularly convenient, but it gets the job done.

Good luck!
That worked. Thanx!
Old 02/11/2010, 05:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

Okay, I just looked ahead in my calendar and the old birthday was STILL there. I removed and re-added my Google account and it disappeared. This time for sure I hope.

So, for those still paying attention, to removed a Birthday from Google's Contacts Birthdays & Events calendar:

1) Go to the Google Calendar website. Delete the birthday from the Contact.
2) While still on Google Calendar's website, unsubscribe and resubscribe to the Contacts Birthdays and Events calendar.
3) On your Pre, remove and re-add your Google account.

Isn't Cloud computing something?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0