1.    #1  
    I searched and didn't see this posted anywhere so I thought I'd share.

It started yesterday when my gf called me and I couldn't hear anything out of the reciever. So I hung up. She called again, same problem. We played this game another time but to no avail. So, I think, hmm perhaps the phone needs to be restarted so I turn it off and wait a few minutes. I turn it back on and it freezes at the palm logo. Wait a few more minutes, nothing. I then try a battery pull and leave it out for probably 30 minutes. Put it back in and restart, frozen at palm logo. Let it sit there for 30 minutes and then the phone dies and turns off. I take the battery out, wipe down the prongs/connectors where the battery touches and put the battery back in and plug it in. It reboots. So I try and make a phone call and have the same problem. Can't hear anything. But when I use my bluetooth, I can talk and hear perfectly. Also, when I plug in headphones, it works perfectly. So, I think the receiver speaker is blown. I deleted all patches, removed all photos, and did a full reset. I'm at work today so I'm having a family member take it in to sprint and get a new one. Thoughts?

Edit- I tried plugging in a headphone set and while calling my voicemail hitting mute and then unpluggin several times, and still didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesmvaron View Post
    I searched and didn't see this posted anywhere so I thought I'd share.

It started yesterday when my gf called me and I couldn't hear anything out of the reciever. So I hung up. She called again, same problem. We played this game another time but to no avail. So, I think, hmm perhaps the phone needs to be restarted so I turn it off and wait a few minutes. I turn it back on and it freezes at the palm logo. Wait a few more minutes, nothing. I then try a battery pull and leave it out for probably 30 minutes. Put it back in and restart, frozen at palm logo. Let it sit there for 30 minutes and then the phone dies and turns off. I take the battery out, wipe down the prongs/connectors where the battery touches and put the battery back in and plug it in. It reboots. So I try and make a phone call and have the same problem. Can't hear anything. But when I use my bluetooth, I can talk and hear perfectly. Also, when I plug in headphones, it works perfectly. So, I think the receiver speaker is blown. I deleted all patches, removed all photos, and did a full reset. I'm at work today so I'm having a family member take it in to sprint and get a new one. Thoughts?

Edit- I tried plugging in a headphone set and while calling my voicemail hitting mute and then unpluggin several times, and still didn't work.
    did you try this? http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    If you look at the bottom left icon on the phone dialer when you're on a call and if it shows "wired headset" icon (looks like headphones where it would normally show the speakerphone icon or the BT icon) you have the pin/dll hw failure.

Take a qtip remove the cotton from it and insert it half way down the headphone jack port. There is a small notch/button that tells the phone if it has headphones inserted. That particular button gets stuck in the wrong position.

Eventually, you'll need to return it as it will continue to happen. Hope this helps.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4.    #4  
    Yes, I've tried those things and still no sound. Also in the past I would plug my phone in when I went to bed when it had more than 20% battery (this has happened twice) and I'd wake up and the phone would be dead. Wouldn't turn back on and totally non responsive. I'd do a battery pull and still wouldn't turn on. It was the weirdest thing. So I'd eventually pull the battery and wipe down the prongs/connectors and put the battery back in and it would restart and have 60+% percent. That's how I knew to try and wipe the prongs down last night before I got it to turn back on. Very weird. So, between that and the earpiece I figure why not just bring it in and have them give me a new one. At least I hope they give me a new one. I'll know later today. Oh, and btw, this is a launch day phone.
    Yeah, just a get a new one. If it is the dll issue (hardware) it would only keep reoccurring anyway. Best to get a replacement.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    If you look at the bottom left icon on the phone dialer when you're on a call and if it shows "wired headset" icon (looks like headphones where it would normally show the speakerphone icon or the BT icon) you have the pin/dll hw failure.

Take a qtip remove the cotton from it and insert it half way down the headphone jack port. There is a small notch/button that tells the phone if it has headphones inserted. That particular button gets stuck in the wrong position.

Eventually, you'll need to return it as it will continue to happen. Hope this helps.
    Thank you so much!!! I did have it stuck with the headphone icon instead of the speaker, it took me a while, I'm not sure if it was the qtip or pugging in and out, but I got sound again. Thanks so much!!!
    I had a simular issue.. The receiver would go staticy sometimes. Had to get a new phone.