Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've had this happen multiple times and as such can no longer rely on using this phone for an alarm; some people will say "use an bedside alarm etc." but this sort of thing shouldn't be happening on a stock app that requires reliability.

This is after having doctored and formatting on a number of OS releases (Pre from ~October 2009); no matter what the problem seems to creep back in at some point.

I've never had problems like this with stock alarms / clock apps with any other phones I've used (Treo 650, Treo 680, WinMob Pro/Stnd phones, iPhone 3G, Android G1/Evo, and a variety of UIQ, S60/S80 and BB devices).

My work BB is currently serving as my alarm and has yet to fail (admittedly that's about all it gets used for other than emails ). Hopefully this gets addressed at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_galt View Post
    I've had this happen multiple times and as such can no longer rely on using this phone for an alarm; some people will say "use an bedside alarm etc." but this sort of thing shouldn't be happening on a stock app that requires reliability.
    I use mine as an alarm clock too, I've had it happen where I hit snooze and it doesn't go off again. But I couldn't agree with you more. This problem shouldn't be happening with a stock app.
  3. xeb
    i've started setting 3 alarms to wake me up after this problem started occuring. yesterday and again today all 3 didn't work. urgh.
    Just chiming in that I've also had this problem since I got my Sprint Pre, back in July/August 2009. It was 1.2.x then...

...and I just had it happen to me a couple of days ago, around 9/21/2010. I was then on webOS v1.5 and had been since it was first available OTA for Sprint.
    my alarms reset about every 3 third day until i disabled the palm backup. no Problems anymore
    This just started happening to me last week. All of the sudden my alarms are wiped and go back to the default time and are set to off. Not very nice, especially since I've been using it as a medication timer since getting hurt a few weeks ago.

Looked at the Timepiece app but plenty of people are complaining about that glitching too.

All this trouble for a stinking alarm clock. Maybe I should dig out one of my old dumbphones to use for that instead...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Add me to the list. I'm nearly certain i've had my alarm just not go off. I'm also nearly certain i've had issues with it not snoozing properly... as in if i snooze it'll not go off again or wait 10 minutes before snoozing.

Now for the first time after a month of ownership or something like that, i open my app this morning and all 4 alarms i had set are erased. The alarms all say Daily 2am and are set to off.

There are many kinds of glitches that i can tolerate, but alarm clock glitches are a HUGE deal. That this doesn't get major attention from Palm is pretty remarkable. As their VP's if they would mind if all their employees came in late for work everyday... or constantly missed their business trip flights... or missed important meetings. It's frankly assinine.

l like the phone, like the form factor of the phone... alarm issues... insidious deal breaker glitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewal View Post
    Add me to the list. I'm nearly certain i've had my alarm just not go off. I'm also nearly certain i've had issues with it not snoozing properly... as in if i snooze it'll not go off again or wait 10 minutes before snoozing.

Now for the first time after a month of ownership or something like that, i open my app this morning and all 4 alarms i had set are erased. The alarms all say Daily 2am and are set to off.

There are many kinds of glitches that i can tolerate, but alarm clock glitches are a HUGE deal. That this doesn't get major attention from Palm is pretty remarkable. As their VP's if they would mind if all their employees came in late for work everyday... or constantly missed their business trip flights... or missed important meetings. It's frankly assinine.

l like the phone, like the form factor of the phone... alarm issues... insidious deal breaker glitches.
    Try Timepiece from the crapalog, it is much more reliable.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    just disable the backup and the clock works
    I've been experiencing this constantly the last 2 weeks. The alarms just get reset to some default time and turned off at random. Very frustrating. Wish there was an answer to it.
    does anyone posting here, actually reads any posts?
    this happened for the second time today. Woke up an hour and a half late, on the worst possible day (fiscal year end meeting first thin in the AM).

I exprienced the all alarms deleted issue, not the time/state reset.
    launch day Sprint Pre-, Verizon Pixi+, and now unlocked Pre2
    dear non reading users:

it works
    Yup...me too. It worked fine for such a long time. The alarms were there, they just weren't going off. No vibrate/sound. Had to delete and recreate the alarms and they've been working fine now for the last few days.
    That's not a great solution. Having my phone's data backed up is way more important to me than it's alarm function. I would like them BOTH to work, especially since they did both work for nearly 18 months without issues.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    webos 1.4.5. After updating some applications last night. Woke up this morning with all four alarms set at 7:00 a.m. and all are off. Late for appointment.
    Last edited by ranma; 12/08/2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: didn't give enough details.
    This has been happening to me for as long as I can remember. Looks like no one has an official answer as to why it happens, or how to fix it. (Turning off backup is not a fix, it's a work-around. And not necessarily a very good one, depending on your other backup routines.)

One thing I have noted: When resetting all alarms to a single time, that time seems to be equal to the last one in the list.
    Just curious - this has never happened to me. Are any of you running patches related to the clock or the top bar?

I have no clock related patches and no top bar patches.

EDIT: I think one of the folks posting metioned doctoring - so maybe patches are not related.
    First, a piece of advice for those having problems with your alarms (set to go off daily) not going off... set it to just go off once. Yes, that means that every night before bed you have to open the app and turn on the alarms again, but it takes 30 seconds... not that big of a deal.

Anyway, my reasoning for using that method is that I've got a different problem with my clock app (never had the alarm not go off, knock on wood).

My issue is that occasionally (maybe once every couple weeks or so), I open the app before bed to turn on the alarms, but there are no alarms there. Zero. They've not been reset to some random default time, they're just gone. So after re-inputting new alarms, everything works fine for another couple weeks... then they'll be gone again.

So yeah... that's why I don't rely on the daily alarms to automatically go off every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    My issue is that occasionally (maybe once every couple weeks or so), I open the app before bed to turn on the alarms, but there are no alarms there. Zero. They've not been reset to some random default time, they're just gone. So after re-inputting new alarms, everything works fine for another couple weeks... then they'll be gone again.

So yeah... that's why I don't rely on the daily alarms to automatically go off every day.
    I've had my Pre 2 for less than a week and that's happened to me twice already.

And its not just the alarms disappearing - the whole clock app is resetting to its 'factory default' i guess you could say, because the clock display is swapping back to its initial setting as well.

I'm gonna try turning off the automatic backup and see if that helps...
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast