Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    There it goes, happened to me again, I was setting my alarm the other night, and everything we reset to "Alarm" and set to "10:00 AM"...

Stoopid phone
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    any solution for this problem yet?
    Please press the THANKS button if you like my posts.
    I was having this issue few days ago and was really frustrated about this but now I have resolve this issue. I think you all need to run webos doctor, by using this my problem was solved and no longer have the issues I had.
    This just happened to me for the third time. The first time I thought I was doing something wrong, or that it was due to a Luna crash (that happens periodically, usually in the browser on a Javascript-intensive page.) I couldn't really nail down exactly when it happened. The second time was when I pulled the battery, since I was at a play and Pre alarms were ringing loud and clear even if the vibrate switch was on (there's a preference option for them now but I don't know if Palm did it or if I installed a patch), and there's no way to dismiss them without taking the phone out, opening it and hitting "Dismiss" on the touch screen, providing about 10 seconds of loud distraction (found this out the hard way in a movie theater). When I restarted the phone after the play, all but three of the alarms were gone and those 3 were just labeled "Alarm" and set to 8AM.

This time, all I did was swipe away an alarm notification about 10 minutes ago, then just now went to enter a new alarm to find all six of my previously set alarms gone. I'm running 1.3.5.1 (disabled the update service because I need Terminal and last I checked it's not working under 1.4) and don't really want to have to run WebOS Doctor, but I guess I might not have a choice. Like others here, I use my Pre as an all-purpose alarm clock and it needs to be more reliable.
    Happened for the second time to me this morning. I woke up late to find all my alarms had been turned off and reset to 9:00 am Daily. Basically make it worthless as a alarm clock if it can't be trusted.

[edit] I've had my Pre for less then two months and this is the second time it has reset on me.
    Last edited by mrlegoman; 05/28/2010 at 10:43 AM.
    Been using my Pre's alarm now for almost a year now, never once has it failed to go off at the correct time.
    Quote Originally Posted by raindog469 View Post
    This just happened to me for the third time. The first time I thought I was doing something wrong, or that it was due to a Luna crash (that happens periodically, usually in the browser on a Javascript-intensive page.) I couldn't really nail down exactly when it happened. The second time was when I pulled the battery, since I was at a play and Pre alarms were ringing loud and clear even if the vibrate switch was on (there's a preference option for them now but I don't know if Palm did it or if I installed a patch), and there's no way to dismiss them without taking the phone out, opening it and hitting "Dismiss" on the touch screen, providing about 10 seconds of loud distraction (found this out the hard way in a movie theater). When I restarted the phone after the play, all but three of the alarms were gone and those 3 were just labeled "Alarm" and set to 8AM.

This time, all I did was swipe away an alarm notification about 10 minutes ago, then just now went to enter a new alarm to find all six of my previously set alarms gone. I'm running 1.3.5.1 (disabled the update service because I need Terminal and last I checked it's not working under 1.4) and don't really want to have to run WebOS Doctor, but I guess I might not have a choice. Like others here, I use my Pre as an all-purpose alarm clock and it needs to be more reliable.
    I have this problem also and have had it from 1.3.5 to 1.4.1...however, I wanted to post and let you know raindog469 that the terminal app actually has been working perfectly on 1.4 for at least a month or so now. With all the added benefits of 1.4, you really should upgrade
    So I have seen this issue come up a few times and have tried to investigate it as best as possible, however there is a few key things that are making it quite hard
    1. It appears to be random and not tied to a specific action
    2. It only affects a small portion of users

Because of the above two I have never been able to replicate the issue, however that is not to say I won't stop trying to figure out the cause.

The best I can do is collect log files from devices that are exhibiting the behavior and just after the alarms reset.

A few other key information that might help in this investigation are
    1. Device
    2. Carrier
    3. WebOS version
    4. Previous webOS version and how you upgraded (OTA or doctor)
    5. Homebrew applications installed
    6. Time the issue occurred. (this is important because we can then look in the log file and if we know a specific time to start looking we can try to figure out what is causing the issue.

Please send me a private message if you would be willing to create log files after you have exhibited the behavior. Also as I mentioned before including the above information with the log files is always great.

It's always better to have to much information than not enough, anyone that has ever worked software knows the concept of a bad bug report and the troubles that occur when trying to troubleshoot.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by rendar82 View Post
    I wanted to post and let you know raindog469 that the terminal app actually has been working perfectly on 1.4 for at least a month or so now. With all the added benefits of 1.4, you really should upgrade
    Well, I installed the latest Terminal and let the phone update to 1.4.1.1, and now starting Terminal freezes up Luna and forces a restart, just as I feared. I have Terminus, but as far as I know there's no way to even type a pipe character in Terminus, making it essentially useless to anyone who wants to do more than show someone white text on a black screen and say, "Look, I can haxorz with my phone lol". Preware also simply never finishes downloading its package lists, so I can't reinstall any of the patches that made the browser and email client worth something. Finally, it's no longer accepting ssh logins from my non-root user and I have root logins disabled, so I have no way to even access the command line remotely.

But I guess kicking myself for listening to random forum users should be saved for another thread, and I'll be eligible for a new phone in another few days anyway.

Edit: Just to add insult to injury, my Pre locked up last night, no Luna restart after a few minutes. When I pulled the battery and restarted, it wiped the flash drive, including all my photos, ringtones and songs. Yup, my love affair with the Pre is pretty much dead.

But the alarm clock's working great.
    Last edited by raindog469; 06/05/2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: postscript about data loss
    Ugh this happened to me this morning. All of my alarms were deleted from my phone. I was 2.5 hrs late to work today... :/
    And after my whole ordeal with the upgrade to 1.4.1.1, I opened my phone this afternoon to discover all my alarms were described as "Alarm" and set to 12 noon.

Guess WebOS Doctor is next... doesn't really matter since I lost my data (including all the preinstalled ringtones but one, as it turns out) and installed apps anyway.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    The best I can do is collect log files from devices that are exhibiting the behavior and just after the alarms reset.

A few other key information that might help in this investigation are
    1. Device
    2. Carrier
    3. WebOS version
    4. Previous webOS version and how you upgraded (OTA or doctor)
    5. Homebrew applications installed
    6. Time the issue occurred. (this is important because we can then look in the log file and if we know a specific time to start looking we can try to figure out what is causing the issue.
    This is my second or third experience with this apps alarms messing up. Previously, the alarms were reset to a different time. This time, all the alarms vanished.

I have no clue about sending a log but to answer the above:
    1. Palm Pre (original)
    2. Sprint
    3. 1.4.1.1
    4. OTA upgrades only
    5. a bunch of patches and apps and the patch that adds alarm day options to this app
    6. Overnight sometime - likely during backup?

This is SUCH a basic app and component of a decent smartphone.

Oh My Goodness!! The Sunday at 7a alarm I just put back in just RANG - at 7a on FRIDAY!

This app needs help.
    Timepiece is $0.50 in the app catalog, it's a beautiful clock (looks great overnigt on the Touchstone) and the alarms work.

Palm should still fix this, but in the meantime, cheap way not to be left in the cold.
    Is this an issue with the pre plus also?
    Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    Is this an issue with the pre plus also?
    Yes.
    It has happened to me twice in the last week (5th or 6th time total).

Does the Timepiece app have to be running for it's alarm function to work? Meaning, do I need to double check that I have the app open every night or does it function like the Palm clock is suppose to?
    This is happening to me as well, even after the 1.4 AND 1.4.5 updates. Very frustrating.
  17.    #37  
    I noticed that, at least for me, it seems to only happen if the clock is on analog display. When it is on digital, it seems to happen FAR less often, like instead of once every few days, it's once every few MONTHS.

Just my two cents,

nathanielonfire
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, I also have this issue (running 1.4.2 AT&T Pre+). About 4 or 5 times this seems to happen.

The odd thing: when my alarms go away, it seems like it's orphaned the data in the DB. The reason I say this: when I go to re-create my alarms, sometimes, it finds the old name without my having to type it (sometimes not).

Either way: it's rather annoying & I haven't figured out the reason. I originally suspected that my removing the notification caused it, but, I'm not so sure (possibly also linked to luna restarts after patching, but, also not clear).

Also -- seems to sometimes (ie: today) happen for only some of my alarms vs. all of them.

My latest theory: any alarm that is not actively on & in my notification tray when a Palm backup runs gets nuked.

** This is a theory**
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    i have had this same problem, multiple time
    I had this problem constantly a few updates ago, but hasn't happened in a long time though. I am, however, surprised you swipe away your alarm notification! My friend and I both have pre's, and if either of us swipes away our alarm notification after we set our alarms, the alarms will skip going off one day. It's a pain in the ***! I'm an obsessive notification swiper-off-the-screener. Every time I do it, I am late for work.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast