1.    #1  
    Hi all

I looked around the threads but I didn't find an answer to my post, so I was hoping if someone can point me to the right direction...

Is there a patch/app to differentiate the volume control from the ringer and whilst during a call? Ok to explain my question a bit better....

I want my phone to always ring loud, but when I am on the phone during a call I dont want to get deaf either. Looking at the "sounds & ringtones" there is a volume bar for the ringtone volume, but there is no bar for the actual phone call volume.

Is there something like that out there or shall I be making a request for a patch?

Any ideas appreciated...
    Thanks
    Vas
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Hi all

I looked around the threads but I didn't find an answer to my post, so I was hoping if someone can point me to the right direction...

Is there a patch/app to differentiate the volume control from the ringer and whilst during a call? Ok to explain my question a bit better....

I want my phone to always ring loud, but when I am on the phone during a call I dont want to get deaf either. Looking at the "sounds & ringtones" there is a volume bar for the ringtone volume, but there is no bar for the actual phone call volume.

Is there something like that out there or shall I be making a request for a patch?

Any ideas appreciated...
    Thanks
    Vas
    Have I explained this really badly or there is nothing that does what I ask for?
  3. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    The two are separate.
    When you're on a call, the volume buttons adjust (and remember) the call volume.
    When not on a call, they adjust the alert volume.
    That's how most phones work.
    The Pre goes further though - it has separate settings for the media player too.
    Check the icon that comes up next to the "bars" when you press the buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Have I explained this really badly or there is nothing that does what I ask for?
    I think I understand what you mean. Like I want my phone louder than possible when I'm not on it. But when I'm on a phone call and get a text Lil Wayne goes off in my ear then I can't hear the call.
  5. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Still not sure I see the problem - just tested mine with notification volume set to max so the SMS alert tone is as loud as possible, and the tone IS automatically muted to "just audible" when on a call. So don't see how any alert could deafen you. They woudn't have got through Health & Safety testing without doing that - acoustic shock is a serious business.

Still sucks that it's "bing-bong" for every alert and you can't change the default tones for SMS and email, but that's another thread...
    Last edited by Me2; 02/08/2010 at 02:22 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    The two are separate.
    When you're on a call, the volume buttons adjust (and remember) the call volume.
    When not on a call, they adjust the alert volume.
    That's how most phones work.
    The Pre goes further though - it has separate settings for the media player too.
    Check the icon that comes up next to the "bars" when you press the buttons.
    Hey buddy

You are ABSOLUTELY right !!! For whatever reason I didn't test that enough and always thought that they were not separate. But after further playing with the phone I agree with you that they are separate volume controls.

Apologies for my post...
    Vas