1.    #1  
    I contiue to FREQUENTLY get this error, sometimes with one or no cards open. Usually I leave my Calendar, Phone, Messaging, and Email apps open, with Switcharoo, Brightness Unlinked and Weather Dashboard running in the background. But regardless of what I have open, it never fails...as soon as I need to access something quickly--Preware, a website, a memo or to do app--I'm shut out!! And sometimes I have to close EVERYTHING to just open something else! This is especially nice when I'm demonstrating my awesome Pre to a friend or collegue.

Anyway, I've read and tracked every thread I can find on this issue and none of them seem to offer any real solutions, except maybe this one, which I am awaitng a response on.

Am I missing the solution here? Or can someone here offer me some concrete fix to this issue? I'm desperate for a resolution!

Thanks!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    try deleting some mms and emails, helped mine out last time i was having this issue
    Palm prē-ist.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    try deleting some mms and emails, helped mine out last time i was having this issue
    You mean delete individual text messages and emails? Not sure how that would help. Plus, I really like to keep my messages archived (and my email is actually stored in Gmail). Hopefully this is NOT the only working solution...
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I too get this all the time, lets just hope the next update addresses the apparent memory leaks.

For now just do a luna restart.
    Trying to give back for all the awesome help I have received. If anything I post is of any use, please hit the thanks button!
    Sadly I get this too, sometimes with only 1 or 2 cards open. Thankfully, it is the exception rather than the norm.

There must be a memory leak as pointed out above. Hopefully Palm sorts this out or else the whole multi-tasking aspect is pointless.
    if you reboot your phone every couple of days it will help
    So I guess ive been very lucky as I have never had this problem in the two+ months ive had my pre. i am however curious to know about it. Does it just keep new cards from opening? Like, you cant open the phone app? or a new txt msg? or anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyno2 View Post
    So I guess ive been very lucky as I have never had this problem in the two+ months ive had my pre. i am however curious to know about it. Does it just keep new cards from opening? Like, you cant open the phone app? or a new txt msg? or anything?
    exactly, you will go to open something and it will act like it's trying to open but you get a pop up, too many cards open and it doesn't allow you to open stuff. sometimes you could have 1 thing open and it gives you this message. easiest fix is to reboot. then everything works fine.

it happens to me every once in a while, but not that common.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    heh i get this all the time plus i have ordered some games from the app catalog and go to install them and it says the app or game is not palm pre compatible yet it was in the app catalog right on the phone for the sprint palm pre catalog so how can it not be compatible makes no sense. what is going on i never had these issues until i installed the new update from sprint under the updates menu section on my phone, now i have those same memory problems where it wont load a game up as it says close some cards out when no cards are open, and most times it just says cant load or install the game as its not palm pre os compatible. i am so fed up with this phone i should have just stayed with my HTC phone or my I85 phone i just loved that one, i am considering switching over to a cheaper phone company anyways as verizon is much cheaper than sprint, and even metro pc is a ton cheaper than sprint, sprint is like the most expensive on phones and service . i have been with sprint for over 10 yrs and they dont seem to be understanding of my problems and their customer service has gone downhill ever since they took over nextel, as i had nextel for years then sprint bought them out and now its like they dont care about their customers near like nextel used to. and the signal is horrible in my area even with the sprint router i keep having dropped calls, keep having the phone say it cant locate a signal even though it says i have 7 bars of signal on my phone it says it cant find an internet connection which is so strange. i am just getting way frustrated with the fact they let the palm pre on the market before they had worked out all the bugs in it, seems like since the last update theres no more issues than i had before with it. and they arent doing anything about it at all.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelastar View Post
    heh i get this all the time plus i have ordered some games from the app catalog and go to install them and it says the app or game is not palm pre compatible yet it was in the app catalog right on the phone for the sprint palm pre catalog so how can it not be compatible makes no sense. what is going on i never had these issues until i installed the new update from sprint under the updates menu section on my phone, now i have those same memory problems where it wont load a game up as it says close some cards out when no cards are open, and most times it just says cant load or install the game as its not palm pre os compatible. i am so fed up with this phone i should have just stayed with my HTC phone or my I85 phone i just loved that one, i am considering switching over to a cheaper phone company anyways as verizon is much cheaper than sprint, and even metro pc is a ton cheaper than sprint, sprint is like the most expensive on phones and service . i have been with sprint for over 10 yrs and they dont seem to be understanding of my problems and their customer service has gone downhill ever since they took over nextel, as i had nextel for years then sprint bought them out and now its like they dont care about their customers near like nextel used to. and the signal is horrible in my area even with the sprint router i keep having dropped calls, keep having the phone say it cant locate a signal even though it says i have 7 bars of signal on my phone it says it cant find an internet connection which is so strange. i am just getting way frustrated with the fact they let the palm pre on the market before they had worked out all the bugs in it, seems like since the last update theres no more issues than i had before with it. and they arent doing anything about it at all.
    Ummm...troll? There are many phone issues reported, but this post just does not make much sense. Sprint is hands down the cheapest carrier. For $70, you get unlimitted mobile calls, unlimitted data, unlimtted text/MMS, free nav. Plus you get 5 numbers to name and not count against minutes. If it's for real, please explain...if it's not...well, kinda pathetic.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelastar View Post
    verizon is much cheaper than sprint, and even metro pc is a ton cheaper than sprint, sprint is like the most expensive on phones and service .
    Im sorry who do you work for and how much are they paying you!!! lol

You can not honestly believe that do you? I've got 450 anytime minutes unlimited data/text and any mobile any network for 69 bucks, VZW cant touch that!
    sorry to hear that pal, but you may try this first, you need to go to your device info. and try to check your remaining phone memory, if you see it almost full, then i guess you need to delete some data from your phone such as pictures, videos and other files, but if you don't want to loss those memories you have in your phone, you can actually transfer that to your computer, using the usb, too many cards open is an error that actually occurs when the phone is running out memory to support the applications that you want to open. there are times that we think we are just running few applications, its because we only know its only few application we run. but at the back of the applications we used to run, another application runs, this happens specially when we are using third party apps. and we don't really have the deep knowledge how this apps. performs. then best to know the software version of the webos your currently using, try to get the latest software version for your phone, i believe that would help too..
    thanks and hope this will help you..
    Last edited by Hacker1980; 07/03/2011 at 06:52 PM.
  13.    #13  
    Hacker1980,

Welcome to P|C! Thanks for the offer to help...however, I have long-since (over a year ago) changed devices and no longer own a Pre. Since this thread is almost a year and a half old, I have no idea if this issue persists on the Pre. Perhaps other Pre enthusiasts can comment.

Thanks again and best wishes!

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i just saw a pre2 in the verizon store with no cards open but "too many cards" error. however i have never seen this on my pre+ short of opening every memory-intensive app i could.
    Are you into homebrew/overclocking? I have a ATT Pre+ running 2.1.0, and I have uberkernel installed. No problems with TMC error, ever.