1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having problems downloading from the app catelog tonight??? I hit download and it just stays saying downloading forever.
    I saw a few other people with the same problem in an earlier thread. Seems it just hangs during the downloading process. I havent Dl'd anything in the last few days, so I dont know if it's everyone though.
  3.    #3  
    Can someone let me know if they know if this is just an app catalog problem or is this specific to my phone? Cuz Im about to Dr it and Id like to avoid that if possible,
    Yeah, I'm about to use WebOS doctor as well. Some apprehension about it since I've never used it before and would not like to lose info/apps. Is it worth waiting for WebOS 1.4 update to fix this? Will the update fix this by updating the App Catalog program?

This problem just started happening a day or two ago when I tried to download Slacker Radio: Downloading just stalls and never makes any progress on the "Downloading..." bar on the bottom. Also I have a blank bar on the "My Applications" screen that appears to be a remnant of a prior failed download. It won't go away no matter what I do. Has anyone else experienced this on the "My Applications" screen (you see it when you tap on the shopping bag icon on the bottom right).
    I found the solution on another thread ("Phantom app"):
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...99#post2201699

Turns out you can use the "Terminal" program found in Preware to eliminate a faulty "Install history" database file. No need to partial erase or doctor the phone!!! No need to root the phone. The Terminal program can be used on the Pre! Very happy I didn't have to go that route.

Downloads work again. That phantom app on the "My Applications" screen is gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by ludvball View Post
    I just performed this from terminal, and it worked. I haven't tried installing new apps, but my current app updates now work.

I skipped the first step which has you run sudo. The steps I performed are as follows.

Start Terminal
    cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot

You can download terminal from Preware.
    This is the all-important info for fixing this awful bug.
    help help help i traid to down load app from the store or from the brew and start to down load and when it finish it takes about few seconds then i get a symbol (triangle) the it said error failure to down load can some one help me thanks
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I'm having a different app catelog problem...mine loads up and when I go to the list of apps, the list is empty, just the blue frame. I have full EV bars. Tried reseting, but still, no apps are listed. Ideas?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsmiley View Post
    I'm having a different app catelog problem...mine loads up and when I go to the list of apps, the list is empty, just the blue frame. I have full EV bars. Tried reseting, but still, no apps are listed. Ideas?
    Do you have the "Hide App Vendors" patch installed? I believe it borked mine. Preware thinks it's not there, but I do have it installed, and it gives an error if I try to install it.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Yes, that was it. I had hide vendors installed, tried to update it recently and it errored during instal. Preware didn't show I had it installed anymore so I could not uninstall it...so I ran epr from preware, rebooted, and now my app catelog works again, hurray! Thanks for the tip rksand.
    So, if you dont have Preware (and therefore Terminal) installed on your Pre, is there any other way to get around this?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I found the solution here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2172944

I used the Filezilla option of using my wifi to get into my Pre to the
    /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService directory
    Then I deleted the installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot

The filezilla option of using wifi & ftp is here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...filezilla.html