Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I think i might be the winner ( or loser depending on how you look at it lol) but I got my 5th Palm pre yesterday free of charge because of insurance.

This is also my 3rd one in the year 2010. This new one doesnt seem to be right either, as it just froze and has been off randomly when i pulled it out of my pocket and not turning on unless i remove the battery.

Anyone else have as many or more pres than me
    not me still on my first pre 6/16!
    wow
    Between the two Pres I purchased on launch day, I have to be nearing double digits. Love, LOVE WebOS, but the build of this phone is heartbreaking. The oreo situation with both launch day and several refurbs (along with other issues) strongly had me considering a Pixie. Ironically, I thought the Pixie was to feminine in size and look. But Verizon corrected me on that one.
    Between the two Pres I purchased on launch day, I have to be nearing double digits. Love, LOVE WebOS, but the build of this phone is heartbreaking. The oreo situation with both launch day and several refurbs (along with other issues) strongly had me considering a Pixie. Ironically, I thought the Pixie was to feminine in size and look. But Verizon corrected me on that one.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Still have two phones (mine and the wife's) from launch day. 8 months in and still not a single issue. SO you've got me beat
    i have had 6 pres i think i had every bug or deflect but last one i got a still have yellow screen burn on bottom of screen.this one was built strong so dont want to go thought another phone so i settled.
    im on my 9th..... still using the 4th "time capsule" lol though, so far have recieved 5 defective refurb. pres through cs, really tempted to go to a store but thats over 120miles for me
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I'm still on my first pre since 11-03-09, 3.5 GIG's a month usage. I would recommend this phone to anyone that wants a killer smartphone and I would tell them......YOU BETTER GET INSURANCE!!!!!! I have the usb crack and that's it so far.
    on my tenth
    I dont get it who is dumb enough to stick with the same phone after 3 replacements even two?
    some of us like webos and are willing to deal with irritants, think about it though, say they made a million phones, and a 1% batch went out bad, thats good qc..... but thats still alotta dp. i had 3 bad devices, speaker, powerbutton, and slider wobbbble. the 4th was good, but died out due to an iceage and the following 5 refurbs sent to me were all defective upon arrival. 3 by asurian and 2 by sprint...so far. still waiting on ten but making due with #4 and its "issues".

by the way deiter if your reading this, we're still asking for that extra button for no-thanks or such
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    on my 6th refurb
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    I dont get it who is dumb enough to stick with the same phone after 3 replacements even two?
    I'm on my 5th pre. Before the last replacement I tried hard to get sprint to let me switch to an htc hero. They would not let me do that w/out buying the hero at unsubsidized price.

As a result of complaining Sprint agreed to give me a brand new Pre instead of a refurb for the last replacement (in November). So far I have had no hardware issues with it (knock on wood).
    Im on my second one. Bought the firt September 1, 2009 and it was dead by September 10, 2009. It was suposible improved over the release day model. Battery pad and that stuff. Sprint replaced it with a new phone, but it was a release day model. Ive had it every since. I am starting to get some Oreo, but other than that it has worked fine. While the Oreo effect is annoying, im not taking it back unless it actualy breaks. I love my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost 13 View Post
    Still have two phones (mine and the wife's) from launch day. 8 months in and still not a single issue. SO you've got me beat

Same here, but even if I had to replace multiple times, I would stick with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    Uhh ... dumb enough. You must have meant smart enough. I am on my 9th. In my opinion the software and the potential is so good that it has been worth it. Plus, the only cost to me has been a little bit of time at the sprint store.
    Anyone get any Verizon branded defective Pres? I realize they're very new (and I don't think Verizon has sold many) but it seems like some of you folks have had issues from day 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonygeno View Post
    Anyone get any Verizon branded defective Pres? I realize they're very new (and I don't think Verizon has sold many) but it seems like some of you folks have had issues from day 1.
    Dieter had four defective Verizon Pres I think.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast