1.    #1  
    Well I guess I should say I WILL be on my 6th Pre as of tomorrow. Has anyone else had this bad of luck?!? I mean really? Six. When is enough, enough?! I have steadily had to get a new one every month and half! What should I do just keep getting new ones every month or try to get sprint to just give me something different?
    ...what has been wrong with them?
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  3.    #3  
    uhh buggy, slider was messed up, screen was cracked, external speaker blown, headphone jack was messed up... pretty much anything that can be wrong has been wrong...
    We still have 3 launch day Pre's in our family, sorry about the bad luck.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    We still have 3 launch day Pre's in our family, sorry about the bad luck.
    Luckkyyyy. I love the phone I just wish I could actually save something on it without worrying that next week the piece is going to fall apart.

Maybe I will just have to hold out a couple more months and just switch to the HTC...
    Quote Originally Posted by madeurotuner View Post
    Well I guess I should say I WILL be on my 6th Pre as of tomorrow. Has anyone else had this bad of luck?!? I mean really? Six. When is enough, enough?! I have steadily had to get a new one every month and half! What should I do just keep getting new ones every month or try to get sprint to just give me something different?
    I say about three replacements ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    ...what has been wrong with them?
    I bought mine the first day it came out in june. Never had any problems till last week my power button broke. In 1 week they have swapped it out twice with 2 defective phones. Now they are trying to swap it for the htc hero. Love my pre but swapping it for something i don't want is bull. They are giving us crappy refurbished phones.
    sorry to hear that. I am on my third and this one has a spacebar that works 50% of the time. They give me these refurbs which have problems. I did pay for a new phone - why do I have to take 2nd hand stuff because of Palm's bad quality control?
    I'm on number six myself. Opening day Pre bricked on 1.0.4 update, Pre 2 screen fried while charging, Pre 3 I broke - thank goodness, and I paid the insurance to replace it!, Pre 4 bad power button and shorted out slider, Pre 5 showed a stress crack in the inner screen just in line with the top of the black silk screen. So, now halfway through week two with Pre 6. I'm hoping for the best, but I went to sleep with it working and woke up with it unresponsive (screen off) and hot. I charged it for some time, with no luck. It took two removal and replacements of the battery to wake it up. When it awoke, it had better than 50% power. So... we'll see.

I love the WebOS and I am not enamored of either of Sprint's flavors of Android. The two Android phones I would consider, the MyTouch and Click, both run on T-Mobile, so not an option. Also, WinMo and Blackberry have never been options for me.

I decided the answer (for me), is back up often, and let Sprint swap me forever or until I finally get one that lasts. If Sprint decides to say "no mas" as they did when my 11th Kyocera 6035 smartphone failed, then I'll take a hit and opt for the Pixi, which I really like too. But, I prefer the better camera, the WiFi option, and the bigger screen on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    well I am on my 4th and tonight it looks like I will be going to my 5th because took it in to the shop today becasue all the sudden the ringers and vibrate decided it wasn't going to work. So they said it was a software problem and the did some type of update and it did work but just got home and picked up phone to make a call and it was completly dead. Now put it on the car charger while driving so I know it wasn't the batt. but put it on the home charger and did not come on or show that dead batt sign, just black. So took out the batt and got the pre sign and now have the pre sign for about 5 mins now. So I am tired of it will take it back tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    just from working as a service center tech.... If you get your phones replaced by sprint (PALM IS NOT SENDING THEM REFURBS) they send all their bad phones to a 3rd party refurb center that puts new cosmetics on and tries to fix the issues as fast as they can. IMO you have a 80% chance of getting a bad phone (seriously the refurbs are lousey). Your best chance of getting a good pre (I've never tried or have any experience with this mind you) is calling Palm and dealing with them exclusively (for manufacturer problems only) if you break your phone you can only go through sprint.

*edit* one thing I forgot to mention, if you repeatidly get bad phones you can (could when I worked for them) talk to the retention department and tell them what's going on. I've had them send out new phones to multiple customers before.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I am on my 4th one, the 3rd one they sent me was such a bad refurb that I would not get off the phone until the sent me a brand new one. I hope this new one lasts me until I can get my $150 off for whatever new webOS phone comes out. Lets just hope the build quality can match the OS quality.
    i still got my launch day pre no problems at all. i've dropped it about 5 times from heights ranging 1-3 feet without a case. no cracks or big scratches. the slider mechanism could be better, and i dont really like the usb door but everything is still intact.

the only thing that i've noticed is when its dark and you turn on the screen, the light leaks thru the edges. its weird but only noticeable when its pitch black.