Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. RJRJRJ's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
       #1  
    I used the search, and came away pretty surprised that other people dont seem to have an issue with this... Is there any way to turn off email notifications at night? I want to get texts and phone calls if they come in, but dont want to be woken up every time Dell has a new computer that they want me to buy. The only solution ive found so far is to go to the phone call screen, go to preferences, and then disable data. My old Blackberry used to allow me to just switch a profile in a second with new ringer settings for the night. Is there any other solution?
    Thanks
  2. #2  
    The only way you can do it now is to go into preferences & accounts in the email account and then open the account for each email account and turn off the "play sound" switch. I have all my email accounts sound turned off, so all I get now is just the visual notifications.
  3. RJRJRJ's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    The only way you can do it now is to go into preferences & accounts in the email account and then open the account for each email account and turn off the "play sound" switch. I have all my email accounts sound turned off, so all I get now is just the visual notifications.
    But this would silence the audio alert permanently, right? Or is it possible to switch back and forth between accounts to silence it only at night?
  4. #4  
    you would have to turn email notifications back on in the morning.
  5. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #5  
    One feature I miss from Versamail on my 755p is to schedule times to poll for messages.
  6. #6  
    What I actually have been doing in my week with the pre is I turn the frequency of checking from "as it comes iin" to manual when I need the phone on. Otherwise if you just want to silence email and not your phone you can always put the phone on silent and forward your calls to a home phone.

    sound profiles are what I miss most about my bb
  7. #7  
    There's a patch that lets you turn off data from the upper right menu... (the one that comes when you swipe down or touch near the battery), that can speed the process of turning data off :P
  8. spdqbr's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #8  
    If you've rooted, and we can figure out the correct calls to make (shouldn't be too tough) you could set up a cronjob to turn off the notifications at night and turn them back on again for you in the morning...
  9. #9  
    I too miss this sort of a feature that I had on my Curve.

    I could turn my ringer off on the Curve but my alarm would still go off....first time I silenced my Pre I was almost late for a job interview.

    I keep my Curve around to use as an alarm ever since then. Turn the radio off on that bad boy and the battery lasts for WEEEEEKS.

    I still love the Pre though.
  10. RJRJRJ's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by figus View Post
    There's a patch that lets you turn off data from the upper right menu... (the one that comes when you swipe down or touch near the battery), that can speed the process of turning data off :P

    That is EXACTLY what im looking for. Any idea what its called?
  11. ldj
    ldj is offline
    ldj's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaXVI View Post
    ...

    I could turn my ringer off on the Curve but my alarm would still go off....first time I silenced my Pre I was almost late for a job interview.
    ...

    I still love the Pre though.
    Mine does just that. I turn the ringer off (via the switch) every night and my alarm still goes off every morning with an audible alert....Email, SMS etc. dont make a sound by the alarm does
  12. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
    That is EXACTLY what im looking for. Any idea what its called?
    It's called, 'Data In Device Menu' and it is found in Preware.

    You could also consider switching email notifications to vibrate only. In your email preferences turn 'Play Sound' off then the 'Vibrate' toggle will appear. I am happy with getting a quick 'buzz' just for emails (including the icon in the dashboard) because I don't need to view them immediately as they arrive. (and I as well get them at odd hours so this helps) That combined with 'LED Notification' has me aware of emails quite sufficiently.
  13. #13  
    Yes, this is a valid request, I shut off my ringer switch and don't give a crap who calls but I can see where this is important, we had a way for Treos to do this for years.
    We could set time for email alerts.
  14. RJRJRJ's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
       #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    It's called, 'Data In Device Menu' and it is found in Preware.

    You could also consider switching email notifications to vibrate only. In your email preferences turn 'Play Sound' off then the 'Vibrate' toggle will appear. I am happy with getting a quick 'buzz' just for emails (including the icon in the dashboard) because I don't need to view them immediately as they arrive. (and I as well get them at odd hours so this helps) That combined with 'LED Notification' has me aware of emails quite sufficiently.
    I found the one called "data toggle" and it does the trick with a toggle switch in the launcher. There was a .patch file that was "data toggle in device menu", but I dont know how to use the .patch file. Preware said something about needing some other files installed and I didnt want to bother with it.
  15. RJRJRJ's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Yes, this is a valid request, I shut off my ringer switch and don't give a crap who calls but I can see where this is important, we had a way for Treos to do this for years.
    We could set time for email alerts.
    The toggle switch in preware did the trick for me.
  16. #16  
    Check out this app:

    Battery Saver

    I haven't tried it myself, but it may be what you're lookng for.

    HTH,
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  17. lakaw's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    #17  
    Battery Saver is what you want. It's the closest thing to the BB auto on-off. Except it just turns airplane mode on-off at user specified times.
  18. #18  
    Or maybe even Mode Switcher. Looks quite thorough, yet still in beta.
  19. #19  
    I have also been desperately trying to achieve this. On my N95 with nokia mail app I could specify to only receive mails between 9-5 or any other time span. Have you put in an application or patch request. This would obviously prove popular.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    Or maybe even Mode Switcher. Looks quite thorough, yet still in beta.
    I've been using it since it came out and it's coming along nicely. I have a Bedside Mode that kicks on when it's on the Touchstone between 2230 and 0630. The way I set it was to keep my ringer maxed (it's my only phone) and to disable wifi and data (to keep email messages from coming through.) At 0630 on the dot, Default Mode enables and all my mail comes pouring in.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions