Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I've been using it since it came out and it's coming along nicely. I have a Bedside Mode that kicks on when it's on the Touchstone between 2230 and 0630. The way I set it was to keep my ringer maxed (it's my only phone) and to disable wifi and data (to keep email messages from coming through.) At 0630 on the dot, Default Mode enables and all my mail comes pouring in.
    Anyone got a link for Mode Switcher please, can't seem to find it.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    My Pre has never made a tone for email notifications. It has always just given me a visual notification.
    I always have mine set to no sound, but if I'm expecting an important email, I will switch it to play a sound.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Why don't you just set your phone up so it checks for emails every 12 hours. Do that at night (doubt you're going to sleep for 12 hours) then in the morning set it back to as they arrive or whatever you do.
    The point is this should be able to be automated, we don't want to have to remember to chane a setting twice a day.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    The point is this should be able to be automated, we don't want to have to remember to chane a setting twice a day.
    And when you have to go through multiple screens to change a setting its a pain. The data toggle in the launcher is awesome. When I have some time im gonna try and set up the toggle in the menu bar as well, but as it stands, what ive got is very useful.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Really? It takes all but 10 seconds to change the setting. How many phones do you know where you can set up a time for your email alerts to turn off and then a time for them to turn back on again?
    Quote Originally Posted by rovercash View Post
    How many phones do you know where you can set up a time for your email alerts to turn off and then a time for them to turn back on again?
    Couldn't this be asked for almost all the patches that are out there now? Why is it a problem that this is being asked for? There is a patch for setting up a time for changing it to airplane mode and then a time to switch back? So why not this? There are ton of patches out there.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    How many phones do you know where you can set up a time for your email alerts to turn off and then a time for them to turn back on again?
    Versamail and ChatterMail (Palm OS) have had this option for years. It is a convenient way to adjust demand on your battery.
    Anyone got a link for Mode Switcher please, can't seem to find it.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2180156
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I'd like two patches. The first is one that allows me to set which hours of the day the audible email alert and text message alert will sound, so it doesn't wake me up unnecessarily.

The second is one that will allow me to set which hours of the day the data will be turned off after the pre has been at rest for 5 minutes. That way the pre will save power when I'm not using it at night, but if I am still using it or I pick it up, the data would turn on and remain on until I put it down again. That would be awesome.
    why don't you just put it into airplane mode before you go to sleep and it will shut down everything. This is what I do. I can't stand waking up to people texting me or phone calls.
    although I wish they had different settings. One for work, home, sleeping. Where I can make my phone more business like in the daytime then switch it to my home one which would be personalized for me. Then sleep would just mute everything but alarms.. I had a crappy feature phone that did this and I loved it.
    Mode Switcher is awesome!

Prior to its availability I'd made a 'silent' ringtone i.e. a mp3 of nothing/slug/dead air and would select it at bed time for Alerts and Notifications, having the SMS Tones Per Contact installed, that way the phone would still ring but that's all.
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Get Mode Switcher, it is the closest thing to what you want and is GREAT! I never understood why palm doesnt put something like this in themselves?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Since the Pre is my only phone, I still want to receive phone calls during the night. I just want to be able to set audible alerts to only occur during certain hours.
    this would be a great patch..
    This one looks like a winner.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Check out this app:

Battery Saver

I haven't tried it myself, but it may be what you're lookng for.

HTH,
    ME
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12