Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So what...I am supposed to think Verizon's new ad campaign for the Pre & Pixi is great marketing...because I'm a mom & I guess "not smart"!

So much for the business & accounting degrees I earned & the 20+ years as a Controller/MIS Director....I guess when I popped those 2 kids out....I just became stupid!

Sorry bout the rant.....just received an email from Verizon and at first....when I saw the subject "Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus, now on Verizon Wireless", I thought hey "that's great....Finally advertising the Pre!".

Then I opened it up & the tagline is The 3G smartphone...Smart enough for a mom! I know I had seen the video shown on the homepage a few days ago, but to see it in writing...well what a great marketing angle they went for!
    Last edited by Raven Girl; 03/24/2010 at 10:26 PM.
    hahah, thats funny If you want, you can think of this way: "Smart enough to keep up with mom's ingenuousness"
    I think you're taking it exactly the opposite of how it was intended. They're saying that moms are so busy that keeping up with them needs a very smart device, not implying what you're saying.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 02/02/2010 at 09:15 PM.
    *facepalm*
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I think you're taking it exactly the opposite of how intended. They're saying that moms are so busy that keeping up with them needs a very smart device, not implying what you're saying.
    This was honestly my first thought too.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    You lost me. I fail to see how it is in any way an insult to your intelligence.

I think you're taking it exactly the opposite of how intended. They're saying that moms are so busy that keeping up with them needs a very smart device, not implying what you're saying.
    This is how I understood the commercial as well. The final line is "Smart enough to keep up with mom."
    is dinner ready yet?
    oh the ironing!
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    *facepalm*
    LMFAO!

Agree with that 100%. My mom is dumb when it comes to technology and is super busy with running my brothers and sisters around that the Pixi was perfect for her.
    Perhaps it's too reminiscent of Secret for you? Now theirs was dumb. "Strong enough for a man, but don't fret ladies, it's made for a woman!" Ah well, at least they advertised the Pre instead of the Pixi and there's no pink all over the place.
    Idk about you guys, but if I was trying to market to that demographic I would have featured the mirror more and the multitasking less.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Idk about you guys, but if I was trying to market to that demographic I would have featured the mirror more and the multitasking less.
    and increased the strength and length of the vibrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Girl View Post
    So what...I am supposed to think Verizon's new ad campaign for the Pre & Pixi is great marketing...because I'm a mom & I guess "not smart"!
    Oh, you think you have it bad???

14. s4l
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Sorry, but the impractical mirror on the back of the Pre is of little use to the hordes of females with beach bags masquerading as purses in which they have a smaller makeup bag complete with mirror, mascara, lipstick, blush, and eye-liner. Nice try, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Sorry, but the impractical mirror on the back of the Pre is of little use to the hordes of females with beach bags masquerading as purses in which they have a smaller makeup bag complete with mirror, mascara, lipstick, blush, and eye-liner. Nice try, though.
    It would, however, appeal to the minimalist woman, who carries as little as possible. Or, Anthony Hamilton:
    Whats for dinner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedwagon View Post
    It would, however, appeal to the minimalist woman, who carries as little as possible.
    As a minimalist woman who usually needs no more than the two pockets on her coat, the mirror on the Pre is still impractical and unwieldy, especially when you're trying to get a quick glimpse of yourself on the move. Furthermore, I would wager that such a woman is not as concerned about her appearance being as conforming and utterly perfect as possible, otherwise she'd be one of the beach bag toters. But then, I suppose advertising is not about the truth.
    lol @ some of these replies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast